• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Whitley Strieber

Here's a very different perspective on Strieber that I am yet to see posted any where here.

The Prisoner of Infinity

Trauma, Transformation, and Transhumanism: A Psycho-History of Whitley Strieber

http://crucialfictions.com/wp-content/uploads/Prisoner-of-Infinity-10.pdf

That was an excellent read. Thanks for posting!

Yeah, it touches on something I notice listening to his podcast... no matter what the topic is, something similar has happened to him. If I had a decent memory, I am sure I'd hear the same stories framed different ways to align with whatever this weeks topic is.

That was an excellent read. Thanks for posting!

Yeah, it touches on something I notice listening to his podcast... no matter what the topic is, something similar has happened to him. If I had a decent memory, I am sure I'd hear the same stories framed different ways to align with whatever this weeks topic is.

Affirmative, I recently listened to a number of podcasts featuring David Paulides , two of them were on the unknown country podcast. I counted five times Whitley interrupted David to interject one of his own experiences. Whitley seems quite enamoured of himself.

I am highly suspicious of any and all contactee/abduction cases that take place in the person's bedroom! I got about 1/4 of the way through Communion when I concluded that Whitley is a dreamer, suffers from sleep disorders...and is a successful writer of fiction. What a joke.

I am highly suspicious of any and all contactee/abduction cases that take place in the person's bedroom! I got about 1/4 of the way through Communion when I concluded that Whitley is a dreamer, suffers from sleep disorders...and is a successful writer of fiction. What a joke.

I am not so sure that I would be quite so harsh. While I am undecided if he's a con or not, I have sympathy.

If the early stuff he talks about is real, it'd mess you up. I think it could be a case of trying to make sense of what happened, adding fictional over top of actual events to stay relevant or just being a total con to sell subscriptions...

I am careful of being too mean in case it is the former though.

OK, that is a good outlook and I should do the same. He bugs me though..
Anyways, I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with you. You made your point in your comment but I was doing the same and if you must editorialize, well, I can't stop you... We have conflicting opinions about WS and that's OK. Be well.

OK, that is a good outlook and I should do the same. He bugs me though..
Anyways, I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with you. You made your point in your comment but I was doing the same and if you must editorialize, well, I can't stop you... We have conflicting opinions about WS and that's OK. Be well.

No, no... don't get me wrong. I have no hard feelings and don't want to induce the same.

The paranormal is really complicated. If what is recounted actually happened, it could make one not know real from abstract. I would imagine the trauma could also make one unsure of much of anything. Also, it seems to attract those who cannot tell real from imaginary... and to be frank, total con artists.

Once you take all of that in stride, it makes me hesitant to to jump to any conclusions. That said, going with your gut is seldom a bad thing. For that, I don't fault you at all.

WS is very significant to the field of the Abduction Phenomenon as his fictional skill set allowed him to narrate an incredible story in a very descriptive and visceral manner. Let's face it, Communion is what cracked open the Abduction Phenomenon and is a watershed moment in ufology The cover alone inspired some people to totally deconstruct and see themselves as victims of AP. Whether what took place between the covers is real or not is not its true impact. That story was paradigm shifting in society, and along with Travis Walton, they bookend what we know about abductions in the modern era; they are the standard.

Now did Whitley also deconstruct himself, becoming a spiritual guru at various points, and does he dwell too much in his ego - absolutely. I thought the classic statement was posted above, he just can't discriminate between interviewer and interviewee, because it's all about him. Reading through his description of Black Eyed kids stalking his cabin is really moving towards a kind of self-obsessed need to stay relevant with the times - just like that Dolan character who wants to be on the leading edge of what's popular in the field. It's kind of funny really in a sad sort of way.

He needs to be seen as a contactee at this point and belongs to that cohort. He has changed history and affected a lot of people psychologically. Was his experience an internal, external or fictional experience? Should he be damned or celebrated? That's up to individual readers to decide.

A black eyed alien kid chain smoking cigarettes in the woods outside of his cabin, stalking him. That still strikes me as the sort of thing one is likely to find out of a cliché horror novel, which is exactly what he writes. He is an author of penny dreadfuls.

In my opinion, anyone who takes him and Communion seriously should take a break from UFOs to reassess his perceptions of reality.

WS is very significant to the field of the Abduction Phenomenon as his fictional skill set allowed him to narrate an incredible story in a very descriptive and visceral manner.

That does appear to be true, however, I would add that his contributions are firmly situated within the social reality or social register of the field. He has codified a popular narrative by delineating the conventions and distilling the features that one still
expects from the genre. This was created and still exists within the popular imagination of society, as a narrative genre: the alien abduction phenomenon as you put it.

Let's face it, Communion is what cracked open the Abduction Phenomenon and is a watershed moment in ufology

Well, I would say that Communion merely systematized the phenomena and distilled it into a coherent narrative for the mass market. A pop cultural phenomena (the AP and himself, as it were..) does not a watershed make for a discipline. That would be like saying that Indiana Jones performed great strides for the field of archeology.

Whether what took place between the covers is real or not is not its true impact.

I am very comfortable with this statement. If enough people believe in something, then it's real. It's social reality has been tested and it remains.

That story was paradigm shifting in society, and along with Travis Walton, they bookend what we know about abductions in the modern era; they are the standard.

I would say that the paradigm had already shifted and WS was simply in the right place at the right time. His work resonated so heavily exactly because the conventions were so familiar, it simply reflected the zeitgeist. The standard, in this case, and not unlike the rather monolithic conventions of MUFON and Roswell serve to distract, disinform and really just entertain. They are the moribund cliches of a field that is so often disingenuously characterized as "in need of resuscitation". These last few weeks have been quite telling in this regard, I must say. I have been astonished by how many smart and paradigm shifting people have been consumed with this Roswell slides business. Many of these people are the very same who, week after week, declare ufology to be dead or in need of restructuring on their radio show or forum posts and then spend all of their time talking about Roswell or someone like WS! Why?!? I would be ashamed to post a show like Bishop and Hanks, Paracast and pretty much everyone else has on this utter nonsense. Why would one associate oneself with this?

He needs to be seen as a contactee at this point and belongs to that cohort.

He needs to be seen as an author of fiction who helped pioneer and popularize the genre of alien abduction. He has changed the social reality of this phenomena and if this does not change once again then this field is destined for the $1 bin at the used bookstore. A new narrative must emerge.

He needs to be seen as a contactee at this point and belongs to that cohort. He has changed history and affected a lot of people psychologically. Was his experience an internal, external or fictional experience? Should he be damned or celebrated? That's up to individual readers to decide.

OK, OK. He does need to be seen and understood as a contactee and also someone who has written about it. You're right, he cannot be completely dismissed as a fictional author. There is, of course, great nuance to his story that I am totally skipping over here, so, to be fair, I think I should adjust my thinking a bit. He has, undoubtedly, suffered great trauma at many points in his life and I do not mean to say that I think he is making all of this up to sell books. He seemed to be doing pretty well before his contactee turn.. In summary, I bet there is a few kernels of truth at work in his writing and, as you say, it is up to the reader to make that decision or not. For me, I am comfortable with the idea that it is both fact and fiction and will not preoccupy myself with the truth too much.

Persinger worked with Jack Verona of the DIA to collect mental imagery and brain feedback data from enough people to integrate with his God Helmet technology to then send out images to sensitives who would then believe they were abducted or worse. Persinger worked with Laurentian University in Sudbury and his main degree is Geophysics so I know he knew about the Earth Energy Grid.

A partner of mine who worked with a top secret Canadian research effort in the 60's had a helmet mind energy enhancing device on his head as did another person in another building across a large square garden or recreation area. He reached for a smoke and his energy was transmitted at that instant making the other person go into a coma and his hair turn white.

You can see this story along with research on SQUID and other helmetry in my article Mind-Machine Interfacing from a decade ago. Los Alamos was a site where this research went on and probably is part of what the TV series Futurescape showed recently. That is in Whitley's neck of the woods, and it would not surprise me if he was targeted.

The CIA funded the National Enquirer as part of a sophisticated cover program after Roswell. I am inclined to think the original explanation given for Roswell is fact. They were working with weather balloons. But it is far more important than most people have thought. They took (forcibly) Wilhelm Reich and Edward Leedskalnin's notes. They were working on weaponizing weather and what became HAARP. HAARP officials were recently asked if they could help with the weather to aid in Global Warming. The nearby Tundra could release enough methane and nitrous oxide in the rest of this decade to de-populate Earth enough to meet the goals stated on the Georgia Guideposts.

They said (and I can get the quote) that HAARP is for security and personal surveillance purposes. I have loads of research leading to the conclusion that by 2025 they will be able without implants to affect humanity to the degree Futurescape says is World Mind control. Futurescape has top and well-meaning people like Michio Kaku speaking nice but I suspect we need to be concerned when they do not explain the Omega Stations such as Taos, NM and Pine Gap Australia. Tesla tech is also a large part of it - see my post here.

Back