• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Roswell Slides Have Been Leaked Online

Is the jist of her case that she's been abducted on the Brooklyn bridge a bunch of times....in Brooklyn? If so, I don't believe that. Also, if your (her) website has a million links that start with "inaccuracies of..." it makes me think the case is full of garbage.

Nevermind. I see that the Linda Napolitano (Cortile) case is a fraud and an exact ripoff of the novel Nighteyes.
The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction -- A Critique of the Case

If you're interested, and only if you have enough spare time of course, I highly recommend perusing the following document.

The Facts Regarding the Alleged Sixteen Similarities Between the Linda Cortile Case and the Science-Fiction Novel Nighteyes - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Linda Napolitano.jpg

Here's a pic of the lovely Linda Cortile (Napolitano) which I took back in 1992. Now compare this with yesterday's pic of the Revolting Randi. Who are you going to believe? I know who I would like to believe and I guess the same goes for every red-blooded American male too. Unlike Randi, Linda's a wonderful and attractive person but unfortunately this doesn't mean she always tells the truth. On many occasions the reverse is true and she has been caught out again and again --even by Budd Hopkins though he chose, again and again, to ignore it. See for instance: Budd Hopkins Hears of New Danger from Linda Cortile rev 012214 This can be found on YouTube at:

Kruggutter says: It's custom to prove something as factual before reflecting on it as a fact, and you haven't proven the Cortile case to be a hoax.

Well, Kruggutter, I really think that when so much of the Linda Cortile story has turned out to be false one can be pretty confident that almost the whole thing is false. Not that I dislike Linda or Budd but I did know them back in the 1990s and I was slowly driven to the conclusion that the whole Linda abduction scenario and her ongoing dramas were based on a fantasy that was co-created by the two of them. I know Carol Rainey too and she sees this more clearly than anyone.

I have no objection to whatever you choose to believe as regards Linda Cortile but, if you like, I'll send your rebuttals to Carol and ask her if she'd like to comment on them. I wrote a letter to Alejandro Rojas of Open Minds about Linda Cortile's role as the heroine in what I call her fantasy dramas about two years ago. I'll see if I can find that and post it on this forum.

Here's a letter I wrote about the Linda Cortile abduction saga two years ago:-

Subject: Brooklyn Bridge UFO Abduction

Book: Witnessed: The Brooklyn Bridge UFO Abduction (1996)

I much enjoyed reading Ryan Sprague’s article, The Brooklyn Bridge UFO Abduction, in the current edition of Open Minds magazine. Although it concluded that the case remains open, in my opinion this case is firmly shut and quite definitely false. My reasons for thinking so are based on a knowledge of the principal characters involved rather than any prejudice I have against, or in favor of, the reality of the alien abduction phenomenon.

To understand the case properly one must look very closely at the two principal protagonists: Budd Hopkins and Linda Napolitano. I knew both of them having first met Budd at a UFO conference in Lincoln, NE, in 1992. I kept in touch with Budd and sometimes had the opportunity of speaking with him at length on the abduction phenomenon. Back then I was certainly prepared to believe the testimony of alien abductees but I did repeatedly ask researchers, including Budd, whether there were any independent witnesses who had seen abductees being taken from their homes or taken up into UFOs. I later wondered if such queries may have suggested a title for his third book.

Budd told me in 1992 that at last he had just such a case that had happened with one of his abductee subjects in November 1989 in New York City. At a later date I met that abductee, who was, of course, Linda Napolitano (also known as Linda Cortile).

Budd Hopkins was a great guy and he was a charismatic character who inspired both men and women. He was the world’s leading UFO abduction researcher and I’ve no doubt that he sincerely believed in the physical reality of UFO abduction. All this made him a guru and it drew to him a devoted following which some might describe as a cult. To feed the demands of this he urgently needed physical confirmation of alien abduction and this proved to be his Achilles heel. The Linda case spoon-fed Hopkins with just such “witness” confirmation, bit by bit, but one of his worst failings seems to have been he suspended any critical judgement of it, not making even the most basic checks.

I have attached a photo of Linda which I took back then, about 20 years ago, when she was 45. As one can see, she was very attractive and looked quite a bit younger than her real age. She was only too well aware of this and the effect she had on many men. There were few men who would challenge anything she told them. In fact, there’s little doubt in my mind that she saw herself as a femme fatale both in real life and in the roles which she created for herself in her fantasy dramas which played out like comic strip adventures.

Just such a fantasy drama was her abduction by aliens near the Brooklyn Bridge and also her abduction by the shadowy “Dan” and “Richard” which all formed part of the plot of this ongoing fictional adventure. This was relayed to Hopkins in various letters which supposedly originated from Dan and/or Richard. The Open Minds article acknowledges that the unfolding story was most likely based on the plot of Garfield Reeves-Stevens’s novel 'Nighteyes' which Linda had undoubtedly read. Everything in the Brooklyn Bridge story is centered on Linda, revolves around Linda, and portrays her as a beautiful woman quite irresistible to men. Both Dan and Richard are besotted with her, each in their own separate way. This extraordinary adventure story portrays our heroine, Linda, as an almost child-like woman who is abducted by aliens, kidnapped, in constant danger, but always just managing to survive, escape, or be rescued. Is there really anyone who still believes that these were real life events?

Well, I guess Budd Hopkins did, or certainly he pretended he did. Here in a series of dramatic installments was the confirmation of alien abduction that he so badly wanted. He needed to accept this at face value for the sake of his promised third book which was entitled, 'Witnessed --The True Story of the Brooklyn Bridge UFO Abductions'. If he had rejected the case as false and accused Linda of lying, he would be shooting the goose that laid the golden eggs. After all, how is a writer who has set out on this course going to make a living? The 1996 book had to deliver and it had to be sensational, which indeed it was. Inclusion in the title of the words “The True Story” was arguably justified as he had definitely received letters and a brief phone call or two from the alleged “Richard” and “Dan” in addition to all that Linda told him. That at least was true, even if what Linda claimed, and what was in the letters, was not.

Budd’s failure to make the most basic checks on the story being supplied to him was a serious failing. He even omitted to ask the guards at Linda’s apartment building whether they had seen the flying saucer and its immensely bright light at 3 am on the night of the supposed abduction. He accepted invisible witness “Janet Kimball’s” testimony that cars were backed up on the Brooklyn Bridge and terrified people were screaming in horror at the sight of Linda and small aliens being beamed up into a large UFO. No one else confirmed this scenario. In fact Budd never met with Dan or Richard who communicated with him only through dubious rambling letters. I once urged him to insist on a meeting or else, I said, this “witness testimony” has no validity. Such anonymously supplied “evidence” would never be admitted in a court case.

The shortcomings of Hopkins’s abduction research and his often gullible acceptance of testimony from some highly dubious individuals were highlighted in early 2011 by his ex-wife Carol Rainey. Many UFO buffs, and alien abduction devotees in particular, leapt to his defense castigating Rainey, and insisting that what she had said was untrue or worthless. This, they claimed, was the bitchiness of a woman scorned, and Hopkins was almost characterized as a saint. In the Open Minds article there was similar refutation, but I ask readers to look again at what Carol Rainey said. Ignoring her criticism of Budd’s abduction research seems to me very indicative of closed minds.

By the time that Witnessed was published, I had little doubt at all that Linda Napolitano was what I would call a fantasy-prone drama queen. The extraordinary thing is that so many people have willingly suspended disbelief in her story because they are so anxious to believe in the reality of the UFO abduction phenomenon. What Linda gave Budd Hopkins was confirmation --and more confirmation-- of this, and that was the thing he most wanted. To use a crude analogy, what would you, or anyone, do if you kept receiving bundles of $100 bills through the mail at irregular intervals? Would you contact the police or try to trace one’s mysterious benefactor to put a stop to it? If we are honest, I suggest the majority of us would simply pocket the money and spend it. This is, perhaps, a bit like what Budd Hopkins did.

If by now there’s still anyone not convinced that Linda Napolitano made up the whole saga of the Brooklyn Bridge Abduction, I will leave you to consider the following. Not many months after the terrible events of 9/11 in New York City, Linda started privately telling people that she had been at the very heart of it on that awful day. By unbelievable coincidence she claims she had arranged to go for a job interview as a legal secretary with a law firm that was on the 104th Floor of 1 WTC. This was in the North Tower of the WTC and her interview was scheduled for 8.45 am –just one minute before the first hijacked plane struck. Supposedly she was a little delayed and still in the lobby then.

Needless to say Linda claims she barely escaped with her life and witnessed first hand terrible scenes including bodies crashing down outside from the tower above. Caught in the building she eventually made a dramatic escape running barefoot over broken glass into the street where she became caught up in a blinding, stifling dust cloud that resulted from the collapse of the South Tower. Needless to say the few people who allegedly saw her there perished or were lost in the confusion. No one alive is able to confirm her story. I can’t disprove it, but I very much doubt that a single word of what she says is the truth.

George Wingfield,
April 2013

I much enjoyed reading Ryan Sprague’s article, The Brooklyn Bridge UFO Abduction, in the current edition of Open Minds magazine. Although it concluded that the case remains open, in my opinion this case is firmly shut and quite definitely false. My reasons for thinking so are based on a knowledge of the principal characters involved rather than any prejudice I have against, or in favor of, the reality of the alien abduction phenomenon.

To understand the case properly one must look very closely at the two principal protagonists: Budd Hopkins and Linda Napolitano. I knew both of them having first met Budd at a UFO conference in Lincoln, NE, in 1992. I kept in touch with Budd and sometimes had the opportunity of speaking with him at length on the abduction phenomenon. Back then I was certainly prepared to believe the testimony of alien abductees but I did repeatedly ask researchers, including Budd, whether there were any independent witnesses who had seen abductees being taken from their homes or taken up into UFOs. I later wondered if such queries may have suggested a title for his third book.

Budd told me in 1992 that at last he had just such a case that had happened with one of his abductee subjects in November 1989 in New York City. At a later date I met that abductee, who was, of course, Linda Napolitano (also known as Linda Cortile).

Budd Hopkins was a great guy and he was a charismatic character who inspired both men and women. He was the world’s leading UFO abduction researcher and I’ve no doubt that he sincerely believed in the physical reality of UFO abduction. All this made him a guru and it drew to him a devoted following which some might describe as a cult. To feed the demands of this he urgently needed physical confirmation of alien abduction and this proved to be his Achilles heel. The Linda case spoon-fed Hopkins with just such “witness” confirmation, bit by bit, but one of his worst failings seems to have been he suspended any critical judgement of it, not making even the most basic checks.

I have attached a photo of Linda which I took back then, about 20 years ago, when she was 45. As one can see, she was very attractive and looked quite a bit younger than her real age. She was only too well aware of this and the effect she had on many men. There were few men who would challenge anything she told them. In fact, there’s little doubt in my mind that she saw herself as a femme fatale both in real life and in the roles which she created for herself in her fantasy dramas which played out like comic strip adventures.

Just such a fantasy drama was her abduction by aliens near the Brooklyn Bridge and also her abduction by the shadowy “Dan” and “Richard” which all formed part of the plot of this ongoing fictional adventure. This was relayed to Hopkins in various letters which supposedly originated from Dan and/or Richard. The Open Minds article acknowledges that the unfolding story was most likely based on the plot of Garfield Reeves-Stevens’s novel 'Nighteyes' which Linda had undoubtedly read. Everything in the Brooklyn Bridge story is centered on Linda, revolves around Linda, and portrays her as a beautiful woman quite irresistible to men. Both Dan and Richard are besotted with her, each in their own separate way. This extraordinary adventure story portrays our heroine, Linda, as an almost child-like woman who is abducted by aliens, kidnapped, in constant danger, but always just managing to survive, escape, or be rescued. Is there really anyone who still believes that these were real life events?

Well, I guess Budd Hopkins did, or certainly he pretended he did. Here in a series of dramatic installments was the confirmation of alien abduction that he so badly wanted. He needed to accept this at face value for the sake of his promised third book which was entitled, 'Witnessed --The True Story of the Brooklyn Bridge UFO Abductions'. If he had rejected the case as false and accused Linda of lying, he would be shooting the goose that laid the golden eggs. After all, how is a writer who has set out on this course going to make a living? The 1996 book had to deliver and it had to be sensational, which indeed it was. Inclusion in the title of the words “The True Story” was arguably justified as he had definitely received letters and a brief phone call or two from the alleged “Richard” and “Dan” in addition to all that Linda told him. That at least was true, even if what Linda claimed, and what was in the letters, was not.

Budd’s failure to make the most basic checks on the story being supplied to him was a serious failing. He even omitted to ask the guards at Linda’s apartment building whether they had seen the flying saucer and its immensely bright light at 3 am on the night of the supposed abduction. He accepted invisible witness “Janet Kimball’s” testimony that cars were backed up on the Brooklyn Bridge and terrified people were screaming in horror at the sight of Linda and small aliens being beamed up into a large UFO. No one else confirmed this scenario. In fact Budd never met with Dan or Richard who communicated with him only through dubious rambling letters. I once urged him to insist on a meeting or else, I said, this “witness testimony” has no validity. Such anonymously supplied “evidence” would never be admitted in a court case.

The shortcomings of Hopkins’s abduction research and his often gullible acceptance of testimony from some highly dubious individuals were highlighted in early 2011 by his ex-wife Carol Rainey. Many UFO buffs, and alien abduction devotees in particular, leapt to his defense castigating Rainey, and insisting that what she had said was untrue or worthless. This, they claimed, was the bitchiness of a woman scorned, and Hopkins was almost characterized as a saint. In the Open Minds article there was similar refutation, but I ask readers to look again at what Carol Rainey said. Ignoring her criticism of Budd’s abduction research seems to me very indicative of closed minds.

By the time that Witnessed was published, I had little doubt at all that Linda Napolitano was what I would call a fantasy-prone drama queen. The extraordinary thing is that so many people have willingly suspended disbelief in her story because they are so anxious to believe in the reality of the UFO abduction phenomenon. What Linda gave Budd Hopkins was confirmation --and more confirmation-- of this, and that was the thing he most wanted. To use a crude analogy, what would you, or anyone, do if you kept receiving bundles of $100 bills through the mail at irregular intervals? Would you contact the police or try to trace one’s mysterious benefactor to put a stop to it? If we are honest, I suggest the majority of us would simply pocket the money and spend it. This is, perhaps, a bit like what Budd Hopkins did.

If by now there’s still anyone not convinced that Linda Napolitano made up the whole saga of the Brooklyn Bridge Abduction, I will leave you to consider the following. Not many months after the terrible events of 9/11 in New York City, Linda started privately telling people that she had been at the very heart of it on that awful day. By unbelievable coincidence she claims she had arranged to go for a job interview as a legal secretary with a law firm that was on the 104th Floor of 1 WTC. This was in the North Tower of the WTC and her interview was scheduled for 8.45 am –just one minute before the first hijacked plane struck. Supposedly she was a little delayed and still in the lobby then.

Needless to say Linda claims she barely escaped with her life and witnessed first hand terrible scenes including bodies crashing down outside from the tower above. Caught in the building she eventually made a dramatic escape running barefoot over broken glass into the street where she became caught up in a blinding, stifling dust cloud that resulted from the collapse of the South Tower. Needless to say the few people who allegedly saw her there perished or were lost in the confusion. No one alive is able to confirm her story. I can’t disprove it, but I very much doubt that a single word of what she says is the truth.

George Wingfield,
April 2013

I know nothing of her case (fantasy). My reason for not believing or even wanting to learn more resides in common sense. If a flying saucer was hovering at building level in NYC, there would be 1000s and 1000s of witnesses/photos/videos. But there's not. In her building alone there should be dozens of other witnesses. But there's not. Just these few facts saved myself countless hours researching a fraudulent case.

George Wingfield,
April 2013

I read your character assassination of a letter George, and I rebutted it. What exactly has been proven to be false about the Cortile case?

Inaccuracies from George Wingfield's Statements on the Linda Cortile Case - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Agree entirely, Creepy Green!

There are those in the UFO community who are so anxious to believe that Budd Hopkins’s claims regarding the alien abduction phenomenon are true, that they accept his book Witnessed as gospel. It should be pointed out that several additional sensational claims by Linda Napolitano were omitted from the book probably because even Budd considered them too absurd. Quite apart from her claims to have narrowly escaped from the collapsing North Tower of the World Trade Center on 9/11 in 2001 (which was five years after the book was published) Linda had earlier made several other extraordinary claims.

She claimed that on one occasion she was abducted together with all the other members of Hopkins’s abductee support group. She also claimed that she was simultaneously abducted onto a UFO at the same time as John Gotti, a well-known Mafioso don who was serving a life sentence in a US jail. (Did the aliens take Gotti because they were after a piece of the action with his powerful Mafia crime syndicate in NYC ??) She also claimed that on one occasion she was whisked away to a secret meeting with the Pope (John Paul II) and offered an important position in the Vatican!

It is ironic that there are people who find it hard to believe Linda’s claims about her alleged 9/11 escape and her offer of a job by the Pope yet seem fully prepared to accept her multiple claims of being abducted by aliens. The reality of this, I suggest, is that Linda Napolitano has always been a fantasy-prone drama queen and it is foolish to accept any of what she tells us as the truth.

Why don't you educate yourself about the case George instead of spreading your sleazy, lazy and ignorant lies about it.

Inaccuracies from Carol Rainey’s Video “A Key Witness in the Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case” - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Inaccuracies from Carol Rainey’s Video “Budd Hopkins Hears of New Danger in the Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case” - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

New Lies from Carol Rainey Regarding the Linda Cortile Case - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Results from a Legitimate Forensic Document Examination - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Critique Rejected - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Free-For-All: The Assassination of Budd Hopkins and Linda Cortile - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Inaccuracies from George Hansen's Post Critique Documents - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Inaccuracies from George Hansen's Chapter on the Linda Cortile Case - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

New Lies and Old Lies from George Hansen about the Linda Cortile Case - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

The Facts Regarding the Alleged Sixteen Similarities Between the Linda Cortile Case and the Science-Fiction Novel Nighteyes - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Inaccuracies from Jim Schnabel's Chapters on the Linda Cortile Case - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Inaccuracies from Willy Smith's Article on the Linda Cortile Case - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Inaccuracies from Donald A. Johnson's Article on the Linda Cortile Case - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Inaccuracies from Philip Coppens' Article on the Linda Cortile Case - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Inaccuracies from Bridget Brown's Chapter on the Linda Cortile Case - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Inaccuracies from Robert Sheaffer’s Article on the Linda Cortile Case - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Rebuttal to Robert Sheaffer’s Article “Abductology Implodes” - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Inaccuracies from Peter Brookesmith’s Article on the Linda Cortile Case - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Inaccuracies from Kevin Randle's Statements on the Linda Cortile Case - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Inaccuracies from Ryan Sprague's Articles on the Linda Cortile Case - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Inaccuracies from Patrick Huyghe's Article and Chapter on the Linda Cortile Case - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Inaccuracies from Eve Lorgen's Chapter on the Linda Cortile Case - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Inaccuracies from Jenny Randles' Statements on the Linda Cortile Case - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Inaccuracies from Chris A. Rutkowski’s Chapter on the Linda Cortile Case - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Inaccuracies from the “Hangar 1: The UFO Files (2014)” Segment on the Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Rebuttal to Luis Gonzalez’s Article “LINDA CORTILE & Nighteyes” - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Inaccuracies from Peter Brookesmith’s Article “Nighteyes and the Linda Legend” - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Case Related Hate Mail - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Last edited:
Agree entirely, Creepy Green!
Quite apart from her claims to have narrowly escaped from the collapsing North Tower of the World Trade Center on 9/11 in 2001

I take it then you've proven for a fact where she was and what happened to her on 9/11?

She claimed that on one occasion she was abducted together with all the other members of Hopkins’s abductee support group.

Marilyn Kilmer attested to that as well, her testimony is documented.

She also claimed that she was simultaneously abducted onto a UFO at the same time as John Gotti, a well-known Mafioso don who was serving a life sentence in a US jail. (Did the aliens take Gotti because they were after a piece of the action with his powerful Mafia crime syndicate in NYC ??)

Carol Rainey claimed this occurred, not Linda, and the only thing Rainey presented in an attempt to prove that was her uncorroborated biased testimony.
Biased based on the documented horrific filth she's emailed to Budd, Linda and myself over the years.

image.jpg

mhap.jpg

She also claimed that on one occasion she was whisked away to a secret meeting with the Pope (John Paul II) and offered an important position in the Vatican!

Again, I take it then you've proven for a fact such a thing never occurred. Linda kept company with Cardinal John O' Connor, and she met the King of Liechtenstein (a friend of Budd Hopkins) over dinner with Budd Hopkins. It is not such a stretch for her to have met other famous individuals.

Cardinal John O' Connor - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

7627516.jpg

The reality of this, I suggest, is that Linda Napolitano has always been a fantasy-prone drama queen and it is foolish to accept any of what she tells us as the truth.

Suggesting and referencing unproven allegations is about all you do in regards to Linda's case.

Last edited:
I like the part about how the handwriting samples are an exact match between Linda and "Janet Kimball".

That's funny, given that Roger Rubin isn't even a forensic document examiner. He's a graphologist. Furthermore he stated his findings were contestable opinions, not facts.

Inaccuracies from Carol Rainey’s Video “A Key Witness in the Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case” - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Why don't you examine the findings of an actual forensic document examiner.

Results from a Legitimate Forensic Document Examination - The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Case Website

Last edited:
I'm still waiting to hear about the mule that General Grant gave to Linda. Funny how there are no other REAL witnesses to this ludicrous case (fantasy). Or photos. Or videos. Planes crashed into the WTC one time and there are multiple videos and 1000's of witnesses. A plane crashes into the Hudson and there are tons of witnesses and videos. A flying saucer abducts someone out of their apartment multiple times in NEW YORK CITY, yet miraculously there are no photos, videos, or witnesses. Tell me another fairy tale grandpa....

Mea culpa. Of course this forum is really about the “Roswell Slides” and I do apologize for my digression into discussion of the fantastical and unbelievable adventures of Linda Cortile. That evidently belongs to a completely separate forum.

So back to “Roswell Slides”. I hope that we are all agreed on the following:

(1) The “Roswell Slides” are a hoax.

(2) The slides have nothing whatever to do with Roswell or its supposed ET flying saucer crash of 1947.

(3) The supposed alien corpse depicted in the slides was produced by the same people who made the infamous “Alien Autopsy” dummy for Ray Santilli in 1995; that is to say, John Lundberg & Co. who specialize in this sort of fake alien production.

(4) John Lundberg’s refusal to respond to questions about the Roswell Slides must serve as confirmation that he was one of those responsible.

I have nothing further to say on this and will be away for the next few weeks – but NOT on a trip to Jaime Maussan’s UFO Special Event in Mexico City!

Yes, indeed --Pascagoula goes --with so many other cases-- into the 7F basket which is where I put Fiction, Fantasy, Fraud, Fakery, False Memory, Folklore and Flapdoodle. It may upset some folk but we should also think very carefully whether Travis Walton's alleged 5-day alien abduction episode in 1975 really belongs in the very same place....

Only recently I was told that Linda Cortile was such a lovely person that her Brooklyn Bridge abductions (Budd Hopkins's 1996 book Witnessed) "must be true". Added to which I was told by the same friend that some good people who had gone into the December 2013 Nvidia crop circle at Chualar, CA (made by John Lundberg & Co.) had experienced such wonderful energies that they were quite certain it was "genuine" and could not have been man-made. Good grief! What is one to think? Is this hoax in itself a hoax and have I got everything inside out???

That is a broad stroke of a brush, re Pascagoula. Fraud/Fiction, maybe. Shared False Memory? Doubtful. Two co-workers, years apart in age, who never toured the ufo circuit and kept to themselves for the most part. Not a case that is easily dismissed, nor should be lumped in with the like that it often is.

I'm still waiting to hear about the mule that General Grant gave to Linda. Funny how there are no other REAL witnesses to this ludicrous case (fantasy). Or photos. Or videos. Planes crashed into the WTC one time and there are multiple videos and 1000's of witnesses. A plane crashes into the Hudson and there are tons of witnesses and videos. A flying saucer abducts someone out of their apartment multiple times in NEW YORK CITY, yet miraculously there are no photos, videos, or witnesses. Tell me another fairy tale grandpa....

I'll sell a bridge in Brooklyn to the first person to believe this fairy tale

Back