• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

HAPPY EARTH DAY 2015!

I think it is good to remember one factor that overall controls our environment. The Sun. It gets little mention maybe because it is out of human control and we don't like that sort of thing.

There are so many other factors in play... greenhouse gases, cows passing gas, just kidding. That is why there is so much dissension on weather change.

It sure doesn't help when you have people like Al Gore and Prince Charles of England putting their two cents in. I would hardly trust these types who tell the masses to conserve and in the same breath don't mind hopping on their private jets to fly across continents for business and pleasure.
How could that huge fireball in the sky have anything to do with our climate?:rolleyes:
The Sun and the Ocean are the main climate driving factors and there are 100's of contributing factors we do not understand yet.

How could that huge fireball in the sky have anything to do with our climate?:rolleyes:
The Sun and the Ocean are the main climate driving factors and there are 100's of contributing factors we do not understand yet.
You asked earlier about how we humans can change things for the better. My thoughts sometimes go to those people who purchase land along the Mississippi River. I love to see their expressions when the river floods and turns their homes into kindling to be swept down to the Gulf of Mexico. Human nature tells me we will do the most stupid things when common sense should tell us otherwise.

I spent most of my childhood in a boat house on the Mississippi. It was built on floats and attached via rings to very tall poles so it could rise and fall with the river. Norwegians seem to have a little common sense and knowledge about water.

This maybe a little off topic but I see posters who wonder why alien races don't make contact with humans. We have managed to pollute the most beautiful planet in the solar system. We think nothing of using all the earth's resources thinking little of who will come after us.

There are constant wars and strife. We sure as hell don't like each other much. Douglas Adams had it about right. Two thousand years ago they nailed a man to a cross because he said we should get along with each other. Why would any advanced race wish to treat us as nothing more than bugs. End of rant....

It may be as simple as they don't want to be killed and eaten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is an interesting video on recycling.. yes they say bad words... get over it.

Here is an interesting video on recycling.. yes they say bad words... get over it.

Hmm, I'll have to watch the video later but the title doesn't work for me. The recycling plants I've worked with in two different towns do a great job keeping all of that crap out of the landfill. Many products I now use are from recycling.

Well it is not just these three, I didn't want to bombard this thread with dozens of anti human quotes. I care because I do not subscribe to the anti human/global warming rhetoric. I happen to like humans. Yes we have lots of things to work out in regards to energy and habitation needs but overall humans are pretty interesting mammals.
Although I don't care to use the same rhetoric these three quotes have I do call humans pigs. We are a self serving, greedy, arrogant society. Are there pearls within? Yep. But there's far more of the other.

The video makes some interesting points. I know an incinerator designer/operator who has said the same things.

Back