• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Germanwings Crash

I still don't understand how the other pilot wasn't able to open the door. Isn't there some kind of an override or security keypad that would allow one to open the door from the outside?
Also it says that the crazy co-pilot reprogrammed the autopilot to take the plane down to 100 feet, wouldn't there be a fail-safe algorithm in the autopilot protocol to prevent it from crashing into the mountain? I think fighter jets have that in case a pilot passes out from pulling too many gees.

Any pilots or aviation experts in here?

Was the pilot conscious, or just breathing ?.

Does the auto pilot know theres a mountain in front of it ?, i mean if it is set to decend to 4000ft, does it auto rise to 8000ft when it is approaching a 6000ft mountain, or plough straight up a mountain valley ?.

I can understands alarms 'pull up' pull up' were there any, who was the last person out of the cockpit before the door was closed.

I need to read up on this.

1427406666936.jpg
f45f0d9980ae6d796e0d3bef979e326cc252a279.jpg

Man. I just went shopping and although it's usually busy on saturday, it's never been crowded like that. Everywhere you hear people talking in english, french and spanish. Alien invasion in Smalltown, Germania. My colleague told me he's seen CNN and BBC cars rolling around. Nothing like a little mass-murder to get media attention. And there seem to have been murder threats to people who just happen to have the same surname as the co-pilot. Jesus H. Christ.

Last edited:
I don't support government controlled grieving or even public persuasion that compels grief; however, this is a pretty tragic event for everyone involved or uninvolved to witness, so of course no one can blame anyone for being upset.

The tragedy is that one person, independent of the other lives on board that flight, decided to end it all for everyone else withough their consent. I don't disagree with the concept of suicide for people who truly either have no other recourse or are sick beyond recovery or normalcy, but they really need to leave everyone else out of it.

I'm unable to wrap my head around the decision of this co-pilot to kill so many people during an act of suicide. I think society looks upon suicide by a healthy person as a very selfish act- but this incident takes it to a whole other level of selfish.

Back