• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Torme will be on DMR

I don't see what it can possibly tell anyone other than that Torme found it difficult to talk with the man. Which has zip to do with whether Stanford's various ufo film clips are significant footage that space scientists and others should see. James Fox evidently wants to include some of Stanford's discoveries in his film ("spent five days with him" and "was enthusiastic about he saw and learned from Stanford" according to reports offered in this thread or another recent thread). I see this kerfuffle over a telephone call as a potential loss for Fox's film and the ongoing education of people interested in ufos. Not a good thing for anyone.

Torme was being polite, I think it was clear from his description of Ray, he thought Ray was unstable and not mentally sound.

I think we are confusing Fox's enthusiasm for Stanford's contributions about Socorro with any support for Ray's films. According to Torme, they came away with nothing, and Torme was of the opinion, Ray and all his supposed evidence was largely in his own mind.

If Stanford had anything of value, anything on the level he claims it to be, he would have submitted it to MIT by now and won a Nobel Prize in Science...the fact we have to learn about it on fringe podcasts and "UFO forums" tells me it is probably nothing substantial which is why Stanford doesn't release it.

Torme is a film industry professional, he knows the types of people and the types of personality that will discredit a film and cause people to laugh at it. I got the impression he wanted nothing to do with Stanford for these very reasons.

Stanford is a crusty character. Sometimes ornery, so this may just be an oil/water situation. Maybe we are taking this a little too far.

We wouldn't be talking about this here if it weren't for Torme's statements on Decker's show. In my opinion he should not have been discussing his telephone call with Stanford in the first place. Is this the kind of information we need to hear about in podcasts much less use as 'evidence' in forming our opinions?

This field is in the dumps. No wonder it's so toxic.

Well, I'll leave it to Chris' comments on the matter in this week's After The Paracast (our podcast for Paracast+ users) and be done with it.

We wouldn't be talking about this here if it weren't for Torme's statements on Decker's show. In my opinion he should not have been discussing his telephone call with Stanford in the first place. Is this the kind of information we need to hear about in podcasts much less use as 'evidence' in forming our opinions?

This field is in the dumps. No wonder it's so toxic.

Constance, isn't the show the reason we are here? To bring these types of things out into the public and discuss them in a public forum to get the information flowing? I find your attitude curious about this incident. Ray Stanford and his purported film have been discussed in the Paracast in a number of threads. Tracy Torme is a very serious UFO researcher and film professional of many years standing ... and is very well regarded. As to his discussing the telephone call with Stanford ... it is not as if Tracy disclosed private information but his overall attitude toward the makers of this movie ... 701. This is why I have been doing my broadcasts since 1991 ... it sure as hell isn't because of all the money I make doing it ... which is Zero dollars. It is to find out insider information. We are all interested in the topic which is why we are all here. I try to make my currency .. INFORMATION, vetted to the best I can do. If Tracy Torme tells me something ... I know I can "take it to the bank."

Decker

If Tracy Torme tells me something ... I know I can "take it to the bank."

Decker, I agree that programs like yours serve a solid purpose in ufo inquiry by often obtaining 'insider' information from which we can all benefit. The question is whether Torme's attitude toward Ray Stanford constitutes 'information' we can rely upon. Why should we rely on his impression of Stanford himself and of the films and images Torme himself apparently hasn't seen and not at least equally on Chris Lambright's research and reasoning in X-Descending? I wish you could interview Lambright on DMR developing the questions and claims brought forward in recent Paracast threads (both pro and con the significance of what Lambright wrote in that excellent and award-winning book).

I don't know Torme's work as a ufo investigator (would appreciate links) so it's not so easy for me to believe that whatever he says can be 'taken to the bank'. I was also offended by his contemptuous remarks about Stanford and his comments about how he thinks Chris O'Brien now feels and thinks about Ray Stanford, which I thought crossed both Chris's and Ray's boundaries. Both Chris and Ray have the right to share with us what they presently can share given Ray's expressed and reasonable desire to supplement his own interpretations of what appears in his films with the interpretations of academic physicists concerning these same visually captured phenomena. Neither Ray nor Chris should be beaten about the head again and again because these are the conditions under which Ray will share his films publicly. In telling us to the extent he can about Stanford's films and his own informed interpretations of them Chris has been sharing with us insider information for which we ought to be grateful imo.

Constance, considering James Fox is partners with Tracy, and that James had already spent his time with Ray [on the Paracast James said he was there for a 10 day period], and James had at least 5 hours of 'on camera' footage of Ray, well then, I think we can safely assume Tracy and James had many conversations about Ray and what James has on camera.

There's nothing Tracy is interested in after James had his say too! It's been discussed as in past history. And, that says a lot, imo, since Socorro is part of the 701 film.

The "big story" James told was about seeing some tears Ray flowed about the great mystery of the insignia marking on the egg shaped craft while visiting the National Archives. Oh yeah, and talking about dinosaur tracks and listening to Ray's stories. All James ever got to see were 2nd hand computer generated and altered Still Images of Ray's Super 8mm film. That's pure BS. It's wide-open to outright fraud and/or fantasy.

Constance, you're really silly to start referring to Dr. Myrabo as having some great credentials, when it comes to his laser transport ideas or connections to Stanford giving birth to any ideas helping Myrabo. That's pure fantasy! Myrabo's 'not sane' or plausable laser transport ideas will never ever happen. Forget it. So typical, that Ray attaches himself to Myrabo too. Two "nutcases" made for each other, but at least Myrabo has the sense to not have anything to do with Stanford. And, Myrabo is an accomplished researcher in laser weapons and experimental model launching using lasers. All that work was NOT crazy or nutty by Myrabo, because it was real peer reviewed science that was legitimate and fundamental research too. After Myrabo retired the whole program was shut down in the USA. It's only his x-students that have carried on in Brazil. It will die there thankfully!

Last edited:
As to his discussing the telephone call with Stanford ... it is not as if Tracy disclosed private information but his overall attitude toward the makers of this movie ... 701. This is why I have been doing my broadcasts since 1991 ... it sure as hell isn't because of all the money I make doing it ... which is Zero dollars. It is to find out insider information. We are all interested in the topic which is why we are all here. I try to make my currency .. INFORMATION, vetted to the best I can do. If Tracy Torme tells me something ... I know I can "take it to the bank."

Decker
Tracy was very diplomatic without hiding the truth about it.

That was one of your best shows ever Decker, imo. And, I'm grateful you've had such a great relationship with Tracy Torme to bring him on DMR so many times too.

Jim Moseley would be proud of this interview.

...So typical, that Ray attaches himself to Myrabo too. Two "nutcases" made for each other, but at least Myrabo has the sense to not have anything to do with Stanford...
I asked you politely in a private message to refrain from name-calling and ad hominem attacks. You have callously decided to ignore this request and have shown you have no regard for our forum policies. Consider yourself toast. If you are allowed to return, perhaps you'll have more respect for our forum and its clearly stated rules.

Constance, you're really silly to start referring to Dr. Myrabo as having some great credentials, when it comes to his laser transport ideas or connections to Stanford giving birth to any ideas helping Myrabo. That's pure fantasy! Myrabo's 'not sane' or plausable laser transport ideas will never ever happen. Forget it. So typical, that Ray attaches himself to Myrabo too. Two "nutcases" made for each other, but at least Myrabo has the sense to not have anything to do with Stanford. And, Myrabo is an accomplished researcher in laser weapons and experimental model launching using lasers. All that work was NOT crazy or nutty by Myrabo, because it was real peer reviewed science that was legitimate and fundamental research too. After Myrabo retired the whole program was shut down in the USA. It's only his x-students that have carried on in Brazil. It will die there thankfully!

OME, you've misunderstood and misrepresent here what I've posted concerning Myrabo and Stanford. I haven't referred to "Dr.Myrabo as having some great credentials, when it comes to his laser transport ideas or connections to Stanford giving birth to any ideas helping Myrabo." My understanding of what Myrabo saw [was apparently intrigued by] in Stanford's Corpus Christie film as Stanford presented all or parts of it to Myrabo is wholly drawn from reading Chris Lambright's X-Descending, a significant and award-winning book that Heidi Lemmer introduced here and that she and I agree more people should read. Whether or not what Myrabo saw in Stanford's film or images related to the plausibility of "laser transport ideas" is not the issue. The issue is what else Stanford's film captures suggest about ufo technology that Myrabo found potentially informative about advanced technology and physical manipulations that some intelligence -- most probably not ours -- visibly demonstrated in the skies over Corpus Christie and which Stanford captured on film.

Don, that was a great show - really interesting stuff.

Ray can be a bit of a crusty character, and I have disagreed with him on this forum quite a bit. However, he was quite forthcoming when I interacted with him over personal email. I d wish he would provide further light on what he has, but ultimately it's up to him.

Back