• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Welcome to Our New Members

It took me 5 YEARS to register!

Hi everyone @the paracast forum. Yes the above holds true, 5 years to finaly be able to register here. Long story short i moved to China just over 5 years ago and for the last 6 years i have been an avid fan of the show. Anyway when i arrived here at my new home i decided to to join the community to pass some of the time here. So thats where i found out that i could not connect to the theparacast.com EVER. Browser would just time out to the server. Different browsers, ipod, pc, laptop no luck. Moved a few years later so new IP, new ipad, new laptop and still no luck. Every now and again moved location and would try but still no luck. So now I decided to try again after about 4 months and WHAM! No more connection issues from behind the great firewall.
I look forward to giving some input and meeting the members here.

Finaly!!!!!! :)

p.s do i win an award for longest trying member to join?

Aye the old forum was quite slow, but all sorted now

Indeed you do! Welcome aboard matey. "Persistence alone is omnipotent."
So, are you still in China? If so, I (plus I'm sure other Paracasters) have some questions for you. I have heard that the largest civilian UFO group is in China. Is this true and how open is the society about reporting and commenting on AAP/UAP/UFO phenomena? Is there some kind of available public-accessible database? I've always wondered how much activity is actually going on over there. You hear about the odd report or two, but never from the outer regions—the equivalent of our SW USA, for instance. Are there "hot-spot" areas that seem to have more variety and intensity of unusual reports (of all kinds, i.e., crypto-creatures, sightings, haunted sites, etc) So many questions... China is a big egg to crack! ;)

Hi Chris and an honor to hear from you :cool:.
yes i am still here in China for the next few mnths at least. My Chinese is poor so i do not know all that is going on but i have heard myself that China has the largest UFO groups civilian wise but am personaly unaware of any. The local Chinese news tend to report alot about UFO sightings e.g the UFO over the airport a few years ago and the so called missing villlage about 2 years ago. Even though there is strict press freedom here there does seem to be some openess about the reporting of UFO's (except in the Tibet and border of India regions where nothing news wise escapes yet there are many many reports of strange lights/vehicles over the area). Crypto-wise i am unaware but i can promise you this, if any cryptozoo type creature is spotted it would be cooked and eaten before it is reported (they eat anything here). There are many hauntings etc so i will try compile some of what is known and believed for you all regarding sightings of UFO's and hauntings/strange creatures in the next few days.

I am by no means any kind of investigator but any future reports i will post them at the forum and if any members come across any please link them to me and i will get the better half to translate.

Here is what a non mandarin reader/speaker will see
紫色碟状UFO现秘鲁上空 盘旋2小时(图)_每日新闻热点吧_百度贴吧

Translation on route tonight. I will try to do my best to find one report each week and with my girlfreind trawl through the mess and find out any follow ups/reports or conclusions etc starting with the above link..... More to follow.

It took me 5 YEARS to register!

Hi everyone @the paracast forum. Yes the above holds true, 5 years to finaly be able to register here. Long story short i moved to China just over 5 years ago and for the last 6 years i have been an avid fan of the show. Anyway when i arrived here at my new home i decided to to join the community to pass some of the time here. So thats where i found out that i could not connect to the theparacast.com EVER. Browser would just time out to the server. Different browsers, ipod, pc, laptop no luck. Moved a few years later so new IP, new ipad, new laptop and still no luck. Every now and again moved location and would try but still no luck. So now I decided to try again after about 4 months and WHAM! No more connection issues from behind the great firewall.
I look forward to giving some input and meeting the members here.

Finaly!!!!!! :)

p.s do i win an award for longest trying member to join?

I think I was about the same length of time before joining - I freely admit I had totally the wrong idea of what the forum would be like but when I did eventually check in, there was never any going back!

Welcome and please get yourself involved in all discussions that interest you and please post news and links etc you find interesting - it is likely we will too so don't be shy.

Goggs

Hi.
Started listening today, decided to join the forums.

Currently in Perth, Western Aus, but originally from the UK.

Hi Gene , Chris and the rest of the members.
Im a Aussie from Melbourne ,Victoria. I been listening to you guys for only about 6 months but i love the show. I have been into ufology since i was a child. Its a subject that i love to read about and listen to. Just wondering what would be the best books to read to expand my mind a bit on the subject. Thanks

I have been a listener for YEARS!!!! Finally decided to join the forum.
Very interested in helping fund the camera / science / evidence gathering project when that gets going... Where can I find more details on the plan?

So far Chris has given most details on the show, more in After The Paracast, which is available via our Paracast+ subscription service.

But I will ask him if he could do an update in our weekly newsletter.

Best place to send donations is via Chris site: Our Strange Planet

So far Chris has given most details on the show, more in After The Paracast, which is available via our Paracast+ subscription service.

But I will ask him if he could do an update in our weekly newsletter.

Best place to send donations is via Chris site: Our Strange Planet

Thanks Gene, I always hear the updates via the show, but I am looking for an actual plan. Total investment Chris needs etc. From what I have heard over the years I really like you guys and think you are all in it for the right reasons etc. I am just looking for a little more detail, I'm hoping the kickstarter style project Chris is planning in memorial for his brother will bring those types of details forward. If it's thought out in detail.. Then I'll give what I can...

Hello all together!

I'm Thomas from Heidelberg, Germany. I'm a listener since '12 and finally (and spontaneously) decided to sign up for the forums.

Wishing you all a nice weekend!
Wishing you the same, Travelling Spirit. We're all used to many different kinds of spirits around here, but haven't had a Travelling one come by in quite some time. Welcome to the forums.

My real-life name is Jon, and I am a veteran of talk-show radio listening since 1975, starting with Hilly Rose (who you occasionally hear with a recorded Paracast intro), and continuing on with Art Bell and all that, and you can add in Alex Jones from back in the day when you had to have a short wave radio to hear him.
I am also a long time veteran of internet forums since I ever went on the internet. Now I have not been a lurker on this particular forum, just someone who has heard it mentioned for a long time while listening to the Paracast for several years.
Anyway, the reason why I would want to join a forum like this is because I have had a lot of paranormal experiences, having to do with what I chose as my user name, which is wondering about a lot at night, which is a bit unusual but has to do with a lifestyle that I used to have when I was younger which was to get out of the house and to just see what is going on in the natural world when most people were asleep and in doors.

Hey everyone. I like most, that find there way here, have spent a lot of time shouting at speakers wondering how the host cannot ask relative questions while interviewing guest. Finally, I thank you guys, you ask the questions that are just there and need to be asked. So many host are like late night infomercial host and just go along with the guest at every turn never questioning the merits of a story.

I know the slides issue is a taboo thing but it brought me here. On another forum I gave instructions on how to read placard using photoshop and it seemed no one wanted to listen. Although I never even said what I discovered, I just wanted the folks to find out on their own, none did. I was astonished. It opened my eyes to so much and actually invigorated my interest in an odd way. The weekend after posting is when the slides were exposed using the deblur program. They got better results than I did but at least I didnt feel left out in the cold. Seeing the backlash of the promoters of the slides has really been a real learning experience.

I look forward to new shows again.

Back