• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Following — Sort of

I watched all of season 1 of the following and even after all that, I still don't know if I like the show or not! I felt there was something missing, the x-factor that separates shows like The Wire and Lost from all other box-set marathon watch session jobs.

But I loved the above Gene.

As much as i hate to admit it Goggs, the following is a show i " hate watch" I never thought I would stoop to doing something as trite as that but I do. It's about a half dozen shows in season 3 now. And it's always the same thing. The writers try to find more twisted ways to torture and kill someone and then CONSTANTLY have the antagonist(s)always 5-10 minutes ahead of the law and narrowly get away and do the same thing the next episode and then the one after that. After about 3 near misses the writers finally capitulate. But the show is apparently on its last legs. I think this third season will be its last which if true would be ironic as it follows the template of its own story structure. But i will say it's probably a thankless situation, it would be fine if it was presented as a mini series spread out over 7 weeks or so but i assume that there isn't much return over something that short.

The funny or die video was funny though, I feel sort of feel sorry for that con waiting for the phone behind Joe Carroll if he watched more tv he probably wouldn't have shot off his mouth.

Last edited:
Back