• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Farewell Mr. Spock (Prime)

We are assembled here today to pay final respects to our honored dead. And yet it should be noted that in the midst of our sorrow, this death takes place in the shadow of new life, the sunrise of a new world; a world that our beloved comrade gave his life to protect and nourish. He did not feel this sacrifice a vain or empty one, and we will not debate his profound wisdom at these proceedings. Of my friend, I can only say this: of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most... human.

McCoy: [Kirk runs in to the engine room and sees Spock inside the reactor compartment. He rushes over but McCoy and Scotty hold him back] No! You'll flood the whole compartment!
Kirk: He'll die!
Scotty: Sir! He's dead already.
McCoy: It's too late.
[They let go and Kirk walks to the glass and pushes the intercom button]
Kirk: Spock!
[Spock slowly walks over to the glass and pushes the intercom]
Spock: The ship... out of danger?
Kirk: Yes.
Spock: Do not grieve, Admiral. It is logical. The needs of the many, outweigh...
Kirk: The needs of the few.
Spock: Or the one. I never took the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?
Kirk: Spock.
[Spock sits down]
Spock: I have been, and always shall be, your friend.
[he places a Vulcan salute on the glass]
Spock: Live long and prosper.
[Spock dies]
Kirk: No.

Which was my reaction to todays news...... No.

The world is a different place today, its changed and in a way i find distressing

0737_ff4a.jpeg

Leonard Nimoy: 'I Wasn't Spock, to Begin With' (Nov. 23, 1995) | Charlie Rose

TEXT: "Published on Feb 27, 2015: Leonard Nimoy talks about how he worked his way into his most famous character, the ultra-rational half-human, half-Vulcan first officer of the Starship Enterprise in “Star Trek.” "The first time I said 'Fascinating,' I said it wrong," he joked. Nimoy joined Charlie Rose at his table on Nov. 23, 1995 for a discussion about his memoir, “I Am Spock”. The actor passed away on Feb. 27, 2015 at age 83."

I think a lot of people forget that Nimoy was always a character actor, and Spock, his greatest creation, was someone with a different look and personality. That character has impacted our culture for nearly 50 years. How many actors have done near as well? Yes, Shatner as Captain Kirk, but the swagger has always been part of his demeanor in other roles.

It's pretty bad you know - but here it is. :rolleyes:

The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins

TEXT: "Published on Jun 30, 2012 -
Song: The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins by Leonard Nimoy
Footage: The Hobbit (1977)"

Somewhere between 1970 and 1974 - around 40 years old.

Leonard Nimoy on "What's My Line?"

TEXT: "Uploaded on Jan 14, 2010: Ok, I'll admit it. When I first had this episode on, I played along without looking at the screen. At first I thought it was Mel Brooks, then after they mentioned "Mission: Impossible" I - like Soupy - was sure it was Greg Morris."

Last edited:
Ive just counted 32 films he was in, without anything to do with star trek, and im pretty sure i missed a few, from westerns to sci-fi.

He was even in Bonanza.

A Pinkerton renegade (Dennis Farina) and his gang descend on the Cartwright Ponderosa in pursuit of a reformed outlaw (Leonard Nimoy).

Last edited:
And from the dissenters point of view:

Westboro Baptist Church Cancels Plans to Picket Leonard Nimoy funeral

Westboro Baptist Church Announces Intent To Picket Leonard Nimoy's Funeral

If they do bother to show up remember these four words.

Set phasers on disintergrate.

Unfortunately the Captain couldn't make it due to prior commitments to give the command so just fire at will.

Wade. RE the phasers for Westboro....may I politely suggest an alternative - the Disruptor?

Back