• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Synchronicity and the Mantis

Thanks. I've been wanting to post it for some time and have been alluding to it for at least six months, it's just every time I sat down to knock it out another interesting thread was created so I would get immersed in that and get side tracked

This one is a little long boys and girls , BUT at least in my opinion, veeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrry interesting. enjoy and feedback is welcome. it appears i have something in common with joseph campbell

You are right on point Spookymulder.
Are you sure you are not an Experiencer my friend?
Although this updated article is long, I believe you'll find it well worth the reading.
I think you will see what you have been dealing with for lo these many years.

"Sometimes the coincidence of a coincidence is too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence."​
Posey Gilbert​

Attachments

• 1.pdf
    408.3 KB · Views: 5
No I've never consciously experienced much of anything. Any other experiences I've had was mentioned in the insistent little girl posting earlier on this thread.I did experience a weird fortean event with a cartoon caterpillar ( probably a practical joke but given the era, what I remember was a little more elaborate than what could achieved at the time) also I have the district memory of walking hand in hand with my mom one late evening and her hurrying us to the other side of the street because we both got a serious case of the creeps from a tall grinning man that was rapidly approching us from the other direction.

No I've never consciously experienced much of anything. Any other experiences I've had was mentioned in the insistent little girl posting earlier on this thread.I did experience a weird fortean event with a cartoon caterpillar ( probably a practical joke but given the era, what I remember was a little more elaborate than what could achieved at the time) also I have the district memory of walking hand in hand with my mom one late evening and her hurrying us to the other side of the street because we both got a serious case of the creeps from a tall grinning man that was rapidly approching us from the other direction.

Yikes!

I was once an aspiring short story writer and I poured my heart and soul and countless evenings into a tale about a young guy whose life slowly devolves into insanity as he is repeatedly confronted by ever stranger and more frequent synchronicities.

I never sold the story. But during the time I was obsessed with it, I began to experience too many synchronicities to easily explain away. I recall hauling out a book I rarely read one evening to look up the subject of the artist Albrecht Durer. Pretty obscure. During the time I was reading, a TV program that happened to be running in the room mentioned none other than Albrecht Durer. I don't think I was subconsciously motivated to look up the subject of Durer by the TV programming, because it was not about art, much less obscure artists of history. The program may not even have been running when I decided to look up the subject of Durer. I won't say I was plagued with synchronicities. But it reached the point where I was truly creeped out. Synchronicities are real.

I never sold the story. But during the time I was obsessed with it, I began to experience too many synchronicities to easily explain away. I recall hauling out a book I rarely read one evening to look up the subject of the artist Albrecht Durer. Pretty obscure. During the time I was reading, a TV program that happened to be running in the room mentioned none other than Albrecht Durer. I don't think I was subconsciously motivated to look up the subject of Durer by the TV programming, because it was not about art, much less obscure artists of history. The program may not even have been running when I decided to look up the subject of Durer. I won't say I was plagued with synchronicities. But it reached the point where I was truly creeped out. Synchronicities are real.
Would you be willing to share your story here? Or, by attachment or PM? Thanks.

Btw, don't you see the holography potential this could indicate too? The information is there in our "holographic connections". Our focus amplifies its usual White Noise, and, like magic, we can decode it into our now.

The Secret Sun: Beyond Synchronicity: Agency and Causality

From The Secret Sun: Beyond Synchronicity: Memories, Dreams, Remote Viewings I've always tried to articulate this to myself and others but couldn't find the right words Christopher did a bang up job here.

"... I used to keep a dream log but I don't bother anymore. It got to be too much and the dreams were pretty easy to figure, me being an old hand at it. I just
live there, the same as I do in my waking life
The difference is that my waking life is essentially static and routine and my dreaming life is panoramic, widescreen, Technicolor and psychedelic. I was once very possessive of it, and rely on it as a tool in my waking life. Don't ask me to explain..."

So as it stands "Synchronicity" seems to be so random and patternless that it's essentially untestable and as such is dismissed by most of the scientific community, with the notable exception of your more intrepid quantum physicists. It seems forever perched at the edge of respectability but can never quite close the deal.

But everyone experiences it. And does so in a way that the skept-o-bilge that is designed to throw you off its scent comes across not only as weak and desperate but insulting and demeaning. The entire mechanism behind Synchronicity is meaning, not mere coincidence. Coincidences happen all the time. They are the latticework that underlies the whole of Creation.

It's why I have argued that people should concentrate only on those coincidences that aresupercharged with meaning, so much so that they are nearly supernatural in their content.Those usually are the ones that lead to life changes, from the small and curious to the huge and profound.

Throw the rest back...."

Last edited:
Back