• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Missing 411 Paulides News report

Lovely imagery at various points juxtaposed up against the disappearance content - made for a pleasantly uncomfortable and sometimes compelling viewing.

Compare Oregon to a stretch of highway in the Canadian northwest in the province of British Colombia. The predominant victims are Aboriginal women, 43 over about four decades. It has been suggested by some law enforcement that there are most likely multiple serial killers at work.

missing-women-justice-poster.jpg

I find that most of the park cases are legit people, and kids, just getting lost, then getting found, alive or dead, and maybe there's a serial killer in every national park, you know, one per territory sort of thing, an agreement of sorts that they've worked out amongst themselves. And yes I suppose aliens, and also a teleporting Bigfoot, nicely fit the bill as other possible reasons for the circumstances of these disappearances, but it's not very likely.

Last edited:
Don Ecker and George Knapp both have very interesting interviews with Paulides that are archived.

I'm not familiar with the British Colombia cases, curious pattern there.

Don Ecker and George Knapp both have very interesting interviews with Paulides that are archived.

I'm not familiar with the British Colombia cases, curious pattern there.
In B.C. It is clear because of the homogenous victims that a specific cultural event is taking place between murderers and their easy access to vulnerable women trying to hitchhike out of bad circumstances. What's also bizarre and startling were all the running shoes with feet contained in them getting found washed up on B.C. coastline but then I read a marine biologist explain what happens to any body in the ocean, how quickly it will get broken down and how the shoe as enclosure will protect this one part of the body, making for some pretty grisly discoveries for people going for a nice beach walk.

I think the issue with Paulides' work is in trying to collect together all the many disappearances in the parks, as one could do in urban centers but then that would not have the same literary hook as his park narrative does. He leaves the door open for any possibility, whereas it might be more productive to narrow down cases that are kids wandering off, cases of people just getting lost, experiencing hypothermia and taking off their clothes, which is what people do when that happens to them. I suppose that adds an extra degree of weirdness to it all - the wandering naked folk. But when the body gets pushed to extremes in the cold it starts to think it's overheating and immediately, in a euphoric and delusional state, starts to strip down. I'd like those cases separated from the murderer, and then see what's leftover in terms of potential Bigfoot and alien abduction.

Last edited:
Yeah--I'm also wondering if anyone has vetted the more esoteric aspects of Paulides' missing persons claims. What repeatedly comes to mind while hearing one of his interviews is "fascinating if true". There is certainly no shortage of wilderness area predators out there, both of the two and four legged varieties. And more natural causes as well. Just the number of tourists who saunter off into the mountains on a warm summer day wearing a cotton T-shirt and wind up dying of hypothermia would make a long and sad list in itself.

Like Boomerang, I'd like to see some specifics. Anyone who has spent much time around national parks or the tourist biz knows we don't need some sinister conspiracy to explain the sort of the "stonewalling" I've read about. People die skiing all the time, but unless they are famous or someone you know, you are not likely to hear about it. I suppose you could say the tourist industry conspires with the media and even a few government agencies to keep it quiet, for obvious reasons. Scaring tourists is really bad for business. The Hantavirus scare was devastating to the tour industry, and not just in the southwest. 9-11 nearly finished it off several years later.

The search and rescue outfit in Grand County (Moab), Utah has a web site where they have archived about ten years worth of incident reports. It's called "Silt Happens," and a quick web search will get you there. Grand County is quite large, and includes many parks, canyons, abandoned mines and a wild stretch of the Colorado River. Reading the incident reports is a great way to learn how to behave in the desert, how to prepare, and what to do if things go wrong. It also gets kind of depressing. People do the stupidest shit. Just the stories of lost Boy Scouts and the bonehead behavior of the "adults" in charge is enough to make you think the world has gone nuts.

I don't doubt that some of the weird stories are true, but I would have to see more specific evidence before buying into any sort of conspiracy surrounding them. People disappear in cities, off ships, pretty much anywhere people go.

disappearances are what got me into the paranormal as a smaller person. Maybe just that desire to seek the answers nobody can find initially reared its head there.

With certain disapearances especially in less traveled woods, things really need to be looked at more closely than most tend to do, people look at killers, kidnappers, getting lost simply, within the less traveled areas who knows what could lurk there and im not talking about bigfoots

David made an appearance on C2C this past weekend. He now has a fifth book out on urban disappearances ( a sobering coincidence) I downloaded the torrent from lime torrents. I Haven't had the chance to listen to it yet but in the linear notes it goes on to mention about what is commonly called the smiley faced killer cases...so this isn't really disappearances per say...and the Elisa Lam case where like the smiley face killer victims she was found in a body of water. that's the connection I guess. BTW did you guys ever google Elisa Lam + vaccine ? Give it a try. Now that's a coincidence worthy of Twilight Language.

Back