• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

On an unrelated note...

Great idea in theory. But will the public at large have free access without a MUFON membership? How much access will the MUFON members themselves have? Where exactly is the money going? Will they be tendering independent bids from non-biased service providers? Or will they be patronage appointments based on who's buddies with who? It's not like there haven't been concerns over these kinds of issues before. Personally, I'm loathe to send money to MUFON, though I have considered purchasing one of their investigator manuals, just to have it on-hand for reference sake. But besides all that, this is the kind of thing a small team of dedicated volunteers could put together at very little expense, but nobody wants to put in the time. Either that or they argue about how it should be done and consequently nothing gets done. I wouldn't be surprised if half the money raised gets spent on board meetings to decide exactly how it should be done and who is going to do it.

Last edited:
Here's a prototype of the new home page: www.mufonredesign.com for your perusal. I believe that yes, full access will be for MUFON members, but the public will also be able to access stuff, including digital back issues of the journal.

The Kickstarter page now has a video, and more in-depth explanation of the project.

Our current system IS " the kind of thing a small team of dedicated volunteers could put together at very little expense", and it shows. I'm a cynical son of a gun myself, but I do think this is a good idea. Even a few dollars helps.

I'm sorry, while I very much welcome the idea, the 'Star team' and other related 'occurrences' soiled Mufon, at least to me, for a time to come. Good luck. :)

I'm sorry, while I very much welcome the idea, the 'Star team' and other related 'occurrences' soiled Mufon, at least to me, for a time to come. Good luck. :)

Hey, fair enough. I fully agree that (as with any other group composed of humans) mistakes have been made. But we're trying.

Don't forget to upgrade your forum membership here, though. :)

Back