• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

December 27th - Budd Hopkins & Doug

Thanks for the update. I recently listened to this show.. been a fan of Hopkins work for 20 yrs now.
I'm curious about the remark "They walk amongst us, met them in daylight" Could this be part of the ptsd you've dealt with?

Thanks for the update. I recently listened to this show.. been a fan of Hopkins work for 20 yrs now.
I'm curious about the remark "They walk amongst us, met them in daylight" Could this be part of the ptsd you've dealt with?

No...it added to the PTSD to deal with those encounters...
Budd was a very kind man... he was there for us when we were scared shitless and had no one to talk to.

Debunkers (or jealous researchers) try to discredit him by bringing up hypnosis, which was not needed nor used by the majority of abductees... most recall vivid bookend type memories...like beginning and or end, sometimes with flashes of the repressed abduction nightmare stuff... He would help some people to try to recover the missing time as it might help them cope and work towards healing, but he warned them over and over of the problems and recommended not to do it... Kathy Marden also states that most of the abductees she has researched also have recall without hypnosis..

The statement that they walk amongst us is about encounters with hybrids - I had talked about with Budd...

I believe these hybrids are either acting as anthropologists, or they are colonizing.

No idea... no one has a clue

Do you mind me asking, how you were able to recognize or ID a hybrid? Like I said, I am a fan of Hopkins' work, and curious of your experience.

Do you mind me asking, how you were able to recognize or ID a hybrid? Like I said, I am a fan of Hopkins' work, and curious of your experience.

I listened to this show again only a few days ago & found Doug to be a convincing guest. I believe that Doug believes he's an abductee and I found his description of his encounter in the desert fascinating. His dealings with the photo processing facility made it seem as if the Aliens are now developing our film as well. How far does the conspiracy go? DB seemed to think Doug was genuine & even called him a "profoundly decent man".

T
Doug, I'm very happy to hear from you and I appreciate your update.

Thanks Gene.. I listen to your shows and enjoy them very much... Will join your Plus membership when I return from holidays. Its time for people whom enjoy the show to -in effect - buy you a coffee for all the work.

One looked grey...with large solid black eyes..was very close (10 meters) and I stared for minutes at it as I was shocked... couldn't believe what I was seeing - so I looked closely. I guess she could have been a black eyed teen... Scared the hell out of me... that was the final straw forcing me to such a radical treatment... Was very angry that I continue to have shit like this happening... I am so much better with all this.. Not so scared and OK with it now.

These things are not so unusual.. I have a friend whom met and actually had dinner with a woman whom never took off her sunglasses, but an hour after she did and gulped a large fly - her eyes changed to that of a lizard and he pushed her off his knee...She was aggressive and started yelling that she knew he was an abductee and started warning him to escape with her to the mountains around Peru where he would be safe.Long story... but I assume there are others whom also see them... maybe other researchers know... I don't read anything about this field..I just listen to podcasts and that is enough to make me stay away from all the nuts and con men..

This stuff is shockly real, they walk amongst us (yea, I and others like me have met them in broad daylight) but the majority of real abductees keep quiet over fear of ridicule...and hell the nuts rule the airwaves.... (The Paracast crew is excluded from that statement.)

To you whom understand, share this unreality...I thank you for your kind words... and higjly recomend the above ancient herbal medicine that has been used by humans since the stone age... It changed my life.. I thank Gene, as I got this crazy idea listening to a paracast show...
That's a great post to reawaken a very interesting thread that gets to the core of ufology. It's good to hear from you again.

If you appreciate that ancient herbal mix then you would really enjoy some of the many threads on entheogens and their usage in therapy of all sorts if it had such a profound effect for you. The terminally ill use it to face their mortality. It is an interesting way to approach and reconcile deep conflict, and sometimes trauma in a very permanent manner.

But regarding the other pieces, the focus of your show, are you saying that these events are ongoing for you to this day or was there a period when things suddenly ceased, and if so, was there anything of significance that preceded the end to those events?

When you say that 'they walk among us,' just what exactly do you mean here? Can you describe that a bit more in terms of recognition? That's been spoken of a lot in the literature, but it's often confirmed by a means of telepathy and sometimes rare fabrics or unique physical features might be apparent, but never is there much consistency in descriptions.

[edit] ok I just read your descriptions now, do you mean that these are human hybrids and that one was 10 metres tall or are you referring to something else. Can you describe an encounter with a hybrid?

10 mters away... very human looking but grey tinged skin and hair.. Solid black eyes..no white...that' s what shocked me and had me staring... her face had no muscle tone... slack like someone dead..

Did I talk about the two I met in the street and talked to..? I talked to Budd and David about that one.. she came back and abducted me in broad daylight right out of a bus.. Had months of medical treatments to take care of growths from 2 inch surgical wound and half inch scoop mark... which looked more like someone took a cigar and burned a wet hole into my skin next to the surgery. .

A year later saw 3 of them cross infront of my bumper at the crosswalk.... walking so slow...I have to look back and forth from normal people walking around and these 3 whom looked like they just got out of a concentration camp.. very simular to the one whom assisted the grey in my sperm collection that I do remember talking about on the show...

Let me point out...these guys were moving so slow it was impossible to be so smooth if acting...I just felt that that is their normal speed part of why no one sees this stuff... it is just outside of the normal visual range... When they finally got across and got a few meters down the side walk... one of them turned around and sneered/ could be smile and stared right at me and gave me the finger.....The wrong finger!!!!!

Any how...I really don't want to go over all my experiences... I came back to participate... voice my 2 cents and maybe help others whom are suffering...

I don't know shit... all I know is whats happened to me and have opinions because of how I may have felt during or after the incidents..

Sorry..got to go board a flight to Manila... damn it is hot here..

Doug if you are still checking in here, I am not asking you to relive your experience but I would appreciate your insight. I am very(!) intrigued by your statement that many abductees do not need hypnosis to recall their ordeals. Speaking as a very open minded and receptive person when it comes to most things paranormal I have always had reservations about the abduction experience as it is generally relayed.

The fact that many people recall their respective experiences without undergoing hypnotic regression leads me to think that these same individuals were/are fully conscious and alert during their ordeals. And It is this aspect of the abduction experience that troubles me. Why do you think these aliens that do this insist on performing whatever needs to be done on fully alert humans ? What is it they need to ascertain or what tests would they need to do that necessitates performing painful tests on an alert, frightened, traumatized test subject versus one that has been euthanized and less hysterical and 100% cooperative. It would seem to me that any test subject under duress would be a less than ideal subject for any kind of tests. Why do you think that would not induce some kind of unconsciousness right at the outset from the time they show up? It would seem so much easier. When humans perform experiments on most most animals they put the animal to sleep not just for human reasons but more importantly it makes them easier to work with. No biting, chewing, clawing.

Some people have hypothesized that the intent is that there is a statement to be made. That is to induce fear and trauma, To let us know we are at their mercy, anytime anywhere. That explaination rings pretty shallow to me but I can't outright dismiss it. I would be interested in knowing what a participant thinks.

Last edited:
To answer your question..I was referring to "Bookend" memories”... Either a shocking close encounter that suddenly ends and that's where the conscious memories abruptly end (probably on purpose for our sanity) and / or the person comes to at the ending where they watch it leave.

People may have flashes and nightmares about the missing time…. and a few undergo hypnosis to try to make sense and come to grips with the reality of their experiences and work towards healing…

Budd and other researchers like Kathy Marsden know that most…. I repeat the vast majority of abductees have close encounters that they remember these bookend parts and these are shocking up- close, even daytime encounters while they are working, driving, walking….everything BUT sleeping…. The people whom seem to think they are abductees and have never seen a UFO up close while awake are suspect…

Damn, I even had discussions with John Ventre of that tv show, and he finally admitted that he thought he was an abductee, but after pressing him found out his reasons were a joke…. Long before he really had anything to do with this field he attended his first UFO conference and after days of guest speakers scaring the hell out of him talking about abductions etc…. which he had no idea about prior to the conferences…. he said he had nightmares about hybrids flying about his bed in the hotel… and it was two nights in a row…. TOO much of a coincidence he said…. and with out of body experience near the same time… he suspects that means he was abducted.????

Are you kidding me… I have nightmares about a new job… damn, nightmares about being naked in class at a new school…. that means nothing… I told him, of course after being scared all day in the conference, it would be normal to have nightmares about it….I used to have nightmares about vampires after movies about them, but that does not make them or the dream real.... I don't understand why it does when ufos or abductions are considered.

This stupidity is from one of MUFONs experts… It is a joke… that is why people stay quiet and hide...

Back