• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Paleontologist "Spinosauris" on Nova Public TV ---11/05/14

Erno86

Paranormal Maven
Nova has a National Geographic special on Maryland Public Television, tonight at 9 pm EST, titled: Bigger Than T. Rex --- Where a team of paleontologists reconstruct the terrifying dinosaur dubbed Spinosauris, piece by piece. The Spinosauris was the largest predator to walk {and swim} the Earth.

Last edited:
This was another excellent Nova episode. My son loved it - a very unique Dino to be sure with its aquatic adaptations. Loved the scenes from Morocco and the whole surreal fossil trade and diggers.

I thought it was an excellent Nova episode also. It's on the same time tonight, on MPT2. I'm somewhat of an amateur paleontologist myself, though I've donated my entire Miocene fossil {Carcharodon Megalodon--- giant Great White shark's teeth and baby whale bones, that I found at Calvert Cliffs, Maryland} collection to the National Aquarium in Baltimore, Maryland.

Last edited:
excellent work, Erno! i'm still waiting to find a good trilobite. in our area we usually go once a year or so to a place called Hungry Hollow where we walk through a farmer's field's runoff that is a small creek that flows on down a large slope through the ages of time. we find a lot of bivalves, crinoids and corals of various sorts. i've found two aboriginal pounding stones - one is shaped like a large penis! we're all Paleozoic era stuff here. nothing is more enjoyable than stumbling upon ancient life forms buried in rock. i would love to go to morocco.

Hhhmmmmm... has an interest and dabbles in paleontology, apparently lives in MD. teases of evidence of a UFO base in his stomping grounds but tentatively holding back of same.

Last edited:
Here in Minnesota where i live used to be a coral reef 300-500 million years ago. I collect cephalopods from that time.
IMG_9289.jpg IMG_9291.jpg

Burnt State -- Our engineering company once had a survey job up in the Atlas mountains, Morocco --- for the NSA --- back in the seventies, but I wasn't allowed to go, because I think my fellow employee's were afraid that I was going to show the natives my ET alien entity pictures.:rolleyes: After the Moroccan job...our next job was supposed to be up in the mountains of Iran --- for the NSA -- just before the Iranian revolution. We were supposed to sleep in tents...but a massive earthquake hit Iran, thusly a shortage of tents were the result. Meanwhile...they were kidnaping foreign engineers at the same place we were supposed to survey --- Then the Iranian revolution occurred, and our company closed down our office in Tehran.

I loved the Northern Ontario countryside, when I went on a YMCA canoe trip, back in the 60's, with our base camp being on a island in Lake Temagami.

Last edited:
Climate change killed the Cephalopods and now it snows here. I assume the Cephalopods put too much CO2 in the atmosphere right BS? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's true, i've heard that cephalopods had the most massive farts of any living creature to ever to discharge gas on this planet.

Funny. But it doesn't support your current views.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back