• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I Tawt I Taw a...

Sentry

Paranormal Adept
Have you ever seen something weird, but then after a closer look it was only just something ordinary?

It's happened to me a several times over the years. Back in January, I noticed a star-like object flying on a northeastern path. On closer inspection, it seemed to be a "cigar" about the length of 8 or 9 stars in a row. Then, after about two seconds it just vanished. I have no doubt that it was the morning sun reflecting of the fuselage of an airplane. When it lost the angle, it seemed to vanish when the reflection was lost.

As a kid of about nine I had a similar cigar sighting in the late afternoon, but instead of vanishing, the wings and tail of the plane became visible, killing my UFO sighting stone cold dead- bummer!

Here's a piece I wrote up about a more terrestrial encounter:
Not a UFO, Not Bigfoot, but a Mysterious sighting of a Vanishing Cat

In all these cases, if not for the finale, I would have gone to court and testified under oath that , "I know what I saw!"

I'm sure it's happened to most of us. What's your story?

My story.
I was out front of my home one summer evening, when I noticed an orange globe of light heading in the direction of my house. I called my wife out front, and we watched this thing float over our house about 20 stories high. It then flickered out like a candle. I thought I might have witnessed my first uap, but after a google search came to the conclusion this object was a Chinese lantern. I suppose the strangest thing overall, was my wife convincing herself she was looking at a silent, low flying plane. Made me wonder just how many people witness strange aerial objects only to dismiss them without a second thought.

What I would like to contribute was definitely weird and probably mundane but I never got closure, that is i never identified what it so it doesn't really qualify for this thread but you're going to have to read it anyhow :)

About a week before Christmas 2009, I had just parked my truck and was getting out of it...after determining the coast was clear of course...(I tried to approximate the view in this picture) I was just sort of taking in the view when i saw a very brilliant streak of light (yellow arrow) that for all intents and purposes was probably a fireball. It was brilliantly white and short lasting but it announced it's appearance with a burst or strobe of sorts. The thing is, i don't know if it disappeared because of the typical "life span" of a fireball or because it had disappeared behind the tree ( from my perspective ) BUT as soon as it did, i saw another streak, (black arrow) this one much closer and larger and it flew out of the tree across the street into another tree, now removed but you can see the stump next to the silver Kia on the right.

Here's the funny thing though, this now removed tree was immature and topped out right about at the level of the black arrow, the point being i could clearly take in the whole tree and whatever it was that took off from the tree on the left flew right into the now removed tree on the right but it apparently disappeared.

Even if my perspective was off and even if the largish bird sized object flew pass the tree it disappeared as it either entered the tree or as it flew past it. I could quite easily take in the whole tree and even if something had flown past it i would have been able to note it. And for the record i did go over to the tree to make sure that the bird was perched in there. It wasn't, the tree was devoid of any bird life.

Also i keep using the word bird, but i truly couldn't make out much details. It was very fast and quick and even though it was quite close i couldn't discern any features such as wings or anything which i should have because it seemed to approximate a raven sized bird and considering how close it was i should have been able to make out more details despite it's quickness. It didn't appear to be uniformly round but it did seem sort of streamlined, somewhat ovalish as it seemed to taper off on what would have been the front, go up and taper off on the rear, picture two very large nilla wafers concave sections on top and bottom. Also, it was silent there was no identifing call to be heard.

uploadfromtaptalk1414768756849.jpg

Last edited:
Back