• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO spotted on an unrelated British TV show.

mosherj

Paranormal Novice
Hello everyone,
Ive been listening to the Paracast for about a year but this is my first post on the forum.
Last night on a local TV station, ITV Wales, there was a programme about amateur surveyors who were trying to determine the exact height of Snowdon, one of the highest peaks in the UK. Whilst watching I noticed an anomaly that wasn't part of the programmes content and nothing was mentioned about it.
The area in North Wales has been a UFO hotspot for decades, I've cut the segment into a short video, what do you think.

Nice find brother, looks really interesting. I'm beginning to see a pattern with ufo's and valleys. Maybe there is something in mountainous parts of the world that they seek or require. Just form my own personal observations. Oh and welcome aboard. I'm new here too.

Very cool, I mean, it could just be a chopper, but it doesn't look like it at first glance.

I think you should contact the TV station in a lo-key manner (nothing about alien invasion etc) and simply ask them if they know what it is, or if they could forward your info to the camera-man, because you're curious if it could be one of the UFOs you've heard about in the area. You'll need the camera man's opinion if he think it's a chopper. If he's familiar with the camera, maybe he's seen something similar before.

If it's local TV, if you're lucky they might show it as a curiousity in the news.

I have the impression of motions similar to wings flapping at fairly regular intervals. It looks organic to me. fwiw

Did you or anyone with you see it with unassisted eyesight who could estimate its distance from the camera?

Good catch so please keep us informed if you take it further. It doesn't immediately strike me as a helo or plane and if anything normal, I'd guess flock of birds.
But definitely worth going the distance on and I'd second what Jimi H recommended about contacting the TV station who commissioned the show or the production company who made it in the first place.

The Snowdonia National Park is something of a wilderness, not on the scale of any wilderness in the U.S.A or some other parts of the world, but by British standards, its pretty sparsely populated and the terrain is mostly grass upland, very mountainous and would lend itself nicely to a clandestine flying vehicle being able to maneuver without many people observing it. That region of Wales has been something of a UFO hotspot for decades and isn't that far from the Berwyn Mountains Incident where a UFO allegedly crashed in 1974. (See Wikipedia for details).
I've managed to track down the camera operator who filmed the original footage and have emailed him to ask if the original, unedited footage is available for review and if he or the team noticed anything at the time.
The footage I posted was filmed from my TV screen using a HD cam, the original screened footage was a little clearer but unfortunately, the programme is no longer available on the BBC iPlayer service. I do have it recorded onto my SKY+ box (similar to a TIVO box in the U.S.) but there is no way that I know of to transfer from that hardrive to a PC.

Thanks to everyone who has shown interest in this thread, please be assured I shall keep you posted of any responses from the production crew.

Lee..

I have the impression of motions similar to wings flapping at fairly regular intervals. It looks organic to me. fwiw

Did you or anyone with you see it with unassisted eyesight who could estimate its distance from the camera?
Hi Constance,
I wasn't there at the time, I noticed it on a TV show about a team that were measuring the height of Snowdonia, the highest peak in Wales.

Very cool, I mean, it could just be a chopper, but it doesn't look like it at first glance.

I think you should contact the TV station in a lo-key manner (nothing about alien invasion etc) and simply ask them if they know what it is, or if they could forward your info to the camera-man, because you're curious if it could be one of the UFOs you've heard about in the area. You'll need the camera man's opinion if he think it's a chopper. If he's familiar with the camera, maybe he's seen something similar before.

If it's local TV, if you're lucky they might show it as a curiousity in the news.
Hey Jimi,
I did send my thoughts to ITV Wales but didn't receive any replies. The Welsh news is obsessed with cuts to the health service at the moment so there's not much room for 'and finally' stories, unfortunately......

Update on the UFO near Snowdonia. It's now an I.F.O
I had an email back from the camera operator and he was good enough to send me about 30 seconds of his raw footage in full HD. It's a helicopter, probably mountain rescue or military on some kind of exercise. The quality of the raw footage is so good that you can even see a dude hanging from the winch line about 30 feet below the helicopter.
I'm not disappointed in the result, the fact that the cameraman, Aled Llyr went to the trouble of sorting out the footage is a result in itself. I'm sure the vast majority of people would have ignored it and regarded me as a 'crank in a tin foil hat'.
If anyone wants to take a look at the HD footage, you can find it at the link below. It's about a 189MB download.
Case closed..... The search continues....

Download - Hightail

That is indeed a good outcome and I commend you for bothering to do what many of us do not - follow up. Instead of relying on other armchair Ufologists to do some work, you did some work yourself and it paid off bigtime in that you got a response from the cameraman. I think it is brilliant he didn't dismiss you and was kind enough to help out. Just goes to show that sometimes the effort in doing a bit of digging can pay off.

And thanks for the update.

Well, I'm glad you pursued the footage and found out it was merely a helicopter, most people would have left it at that.

Back