• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Questions Fans! Spend Holloween Weekend with Micah Hanks!

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
If it's paranormal, Micah Hanks is covering it on his various blogs and his radio show, The Gralien Report. So you'll hear about his fundamental philosophy not just on UFOs, but about hauntings and the like. He'll also cover the latest scuttlebutt in the UFO field, such as the renewed MJ-12 debate with Stanton Friedman and Robert Hastings (Hastings doesn't want to debate the subject on radio), Mirage Men, sightings, disclosure, and all the rest.

And, no, Micah will not be showing up with a Hazmat suit.

But we will be joined by one of our friendly moderators and occasional show guest, Goggs Mackay

Since he dismissed it last time, I'd like to know if he's looked up or maybe read "Tomy and the Planet of Lies" by Erich von Däniken. It's written as a novel but von Däniken claims it happened. It reads like a mixture of secret service thriller and "Starman" (the 1984 movie), but I guess if you could accept the basic premise it's actually not a bad novel.

Coincidentally I've just recently stumbled upon a 30-year-old german book, a collection of allegedly real paranormal experiences by well-known people in the german-speaking countries, where von Däniken starts to tell the exact same story (only the name of his assistant is different) , indicates that something miraculous happened, but then brings the story to a rather disappointing end, leaving out everything about the alleged "visitor".

EDIT: I deleted the rest of this post because I realized the question about the ongoing nuts & bolts vs consciousness phenomena debate sounded offending. But it was too late...

Last edited:
Since he dismissed it last time, I'd like to know if he's looked up or maybe read "Tomy and the Planet of Lies" by Erich von Däniken. It's written as a novel but von Däniken claims it happened and it reads like a mixture of secret service thriller and "Starman" (the 1984 movie).
Coincidentally I've just recently stumbled upon a 30-year-old german book, a collection of allegedly real paranormal experiences by well-known people in the german-speaking countries, where von Däniken starts to tell the exact same story (only the name of his assistant is different) , indicates that something miraculous happened, but then brings the story to a rather disappointing end, leaving out everything about the alleged "visitor".

Also I'd like to hear about his opinion on our ongoing "nuts-and-bolts" vs. "consciousness phenomena" in the forums. People just don't seem to get tired of posting argument after counter argument.

As I tend to see myself in the consciousness camp, I sometimes get the feeling that we are regarded as potential cultists, esotericists, religious fanatics, which I'm quite the opposite of, though. I've made some observations which seem to indicate that consciousness is independent of the body, and I'm wondering if there's more evidence for that, does that make me a potential kool aid drinker who wants to take a ride on the next passing comet?

You see one of these

bicycle.jpg

"nuts-and-bolts" or "consciousness phenomena" ?

One of these

bmw-car-wallpaper.jpg

One of these

boeing-747-8.jpg

One of these

space_shuttle_10.jpg

What exactly is it about a possible craft from another planet, that cant be nuts and bolts and makes you lean towards consciousness phenomena as the default answer ?

flying-saucer-wallpaper-1.jpg

If you were to see something like this come zipping across the sky and land in front of you, to all appearances a solid structured craft, whats the cue that makes you leap from nuts and bolts to consciousness phenomena ?

Last edited by a moderator:
In hoping that this may fit into the “all the rest’ category, Mike has brought up a good point here, and I’d like to ask an opinion, (if not too late), of anyone on the show who’d dare attempt to take a stab at this question: what type of nuts and bolts craft may behave like a time machine, in having the ability to materialize or dematerialize? BTW, this question isn’t suggesting in some type of saucer cloaking capability.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the risk of sounding like a complete moron I didn't even realize that this was an actual Q&A thread for this weekend until I came back and saw the addition of Goggs. I actually thought it was a promo for Micah's show this weekend

so in that spirit I would like to hear Micah's lnput on Loren Coleman's postings on the Trident meme that was apparently running rampant this past spring, summer and fall.

Happy Halloween y'all

Oh and can you get Micah and Goggs to sing happy birthday to me?

Last edited:
I've just downloaded the gralien report "featuring" Edgar Allan Poe, as I'm fascinated by the whole era he lived in and by the man himself. What do you think was the reason for the quite outrageous accusations which came up after his death? Just someone taking personal revenge?

One theory I found cropping up from time to time is that his story "The Mystery of Marie Roget" is basically him confessing to the real murder of Mary Rogers, and thumbing his nose to the police investigators who couldn't find the murderer. What do you think?

Last edited:
In hoping that this may fit into the “all the rest’ category, Mike has brought up a good point here, and I’d like to ask an opinion, (if not too late), of anyone on the show who’d dare attempt to take a stab at this question: what type of nuts and bolts craft may behave like a time machine, in having the ability to materialize or dematerialize? BTW, this question isn’t suggesting in some type of saucer cloaking capability.

If time travel is possible. and i think it is. It stands to reason that any sufficently advanced technological craft would incorporate an ability to traverse both axis of the universe.

That is distance and duration.

The capability not only to travel to anywhere, but also any when.

The universe can be measured on both axis, ie from one side of it to the other, and also from the beginning to the end.

If the nature of the universe is Big Bang/expansion/big crunch or Gnab Gib as its sometimes refered to
Or Big bang/expansion/eventual heat death of the universe.

Then any species bent on survival will have to develop that capability if its at all possible to do so

Back