• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Cryptid: The Swamp Beast

DaveM

Paranormal Adept
I saw that this program that was just starting on the History Channel so I recorded a few episodes. I normally skip the credits so I didn't see first bit of the show. The premise is that there is some strangeness going on in the Louisiana swamps (imagine that.) A team of three animal control people are trying to get a handle on the killings of some animals and then some people go missing. Spoiler Alert... This is about as fake as you can get. The first tip-off is the woman from animal control named Tammany. I guess she is supposed to be the bayou babe. I doubt there are too many of her wandering around the swamps.

Secondly, the accents aren't correct. If you ever see the Swamp People you know how the lingo should be. Everyone on the show seems like they are trying too hard to get the speech down. I am at episode three and I can't quite figure out where this show is trying to go. The producers do eventually say that this is a re-creation of various incidents that have taken place. It just seems like a giant mishmash of stories all thrown together. Watch it and you decide.

Thanks for the warning.

Now if the producers could convince the Swamp People cast to do some searching for something - doesn't matter what - now that would be something I would watch religiously. You just know they would take some side trips to hunt some 'gators while they were at it.

"Oh the media monkeys and the junket junkie will invite you to the plastic pantomime. Throw their invites away!"

This show has not long started in the UK and I thought I would give it a go. It was TOTAL GARBAGE.

I love a good cryptid show so was looking forward to this but just don't understand the concept. It's just as bad as that terrible mermaid documentary.

It is fake, the 3 main characters are actors. I think you can even find them in IMDB maybe? There seems to be a new category of these shows, docudramas. Megladon, mermaid, the alaskan monsters show, even the hillbilly guys. They are all fake which is fine but it seems to me the tv station loses credibility when they don't just come out and say that.

Correction: they are called “fake-umentary.” Seeing one on TV now about the shark named "submarine". Makes you wonder how heavily the other "documentary" shows are edited.

Last edited:
still fun to watch,specially how they try to think how we would act if we WERE to stumble upon these cryptos, I tell you if there are merfolk, i doubt they would be discovered in such a way, you would need to go to them..

Back