• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Duncan Lunan debunks the Black Knight UFO myth

PCarr

Paranormal Adept
Funny how inaccurate news stories can propagate. I spoke to Mr. Lunan today about many interesting things, including the Black Knight.

Go here for the .mp3 of the relevant excerpt of our conversation.

So yet again, another wonderfully anomalous, potentially alien object, is another misidentified bit of speculation and oft repeated myth. When you do look closer and closer at classic cases it seems that what was once highly compelling just fades away into purely inaccurate repetition.

So yet again, another wonderfully anomalous, potentially alien object, is another misidentified bit of speculation and oft repeated myth. When you do look closer and closer at classic cases it seems that what was once highly compelling just fades away into purely inaccurate repetition.

You might be pleased to know that Duncan Lunan thinks that there may well be a Bracewell Probe out there. I frankly can't follow all his reasoning, but he has some interesting tidbits.

Yes, I heard a little of that in the clip you posted. Does he discuss the rest of that elsewhere in the show? Sending probes out into space seems to be the thing to do if you are a curious species. In fact the lack of seeing more examples of probes compared to the incredible volume of alien crafts we have supposedly seen should be an indicator about the reality of the phenomenon should it not?

Yes, I heard a little of that in the clip you posted. Does he discuss the rest of that elsewhere in the show? Sending probes out into space seems to be the thing to do if you are a curious species. In fact the lack of seeing more examples of probes compared to the incredible volume of alien crafts we have supposedly seen should be an indicator about the reality of the phenomenon should it not?

You can pretty much get the whole story from his website. I was mainly interested in the Long Delay Echoes that have been reported and that he first wrote about in 1974, but he went into Stonehenge, Jerusalem, the Great Pyramids, and the Green Children. I frankly think some of the connections are quite tenuous.

Last edited:
There are some interesting new theories about Long Delay Echoes.

The five most likely (supposedly) here. None include the Black Knight satellite - the myth also nicely explained away at Skeptoid.com

Some German radio amateur made some LDE recordings of himself - not just the 0.7 seconds round-the-world echo, but of some seconds. Will post if I can find the link.

Ian

There are some interesting new theories about Long Delay Echoes.

The five most likely (supposedly) here. None include the Black Knight satellite - the myth also nicely explained away at Skeptoid.com

Some German radio amateur made some LDE recordings of himself - not just the 0.7 seconds round-the-world echo, but of some seconds. Will post if I can find the link.

Ian

I would certainly like to know about recent LDEs - especially those longer than 2 seconds or so.

German radio ham DJ6NP (or DK6NP) as reported here. Unfortunately the link in the article to the audio file is dead. I tried Archive.org, Google cache, all dead.

Just a note about using HF radio stations (VOA, BBC, etc) as sources to monitor LDEs. Don't! I've seen a couple of Youtube examples. Any particular HF broadcast with an echo is most likely to also come from another transmitter in another part of the world, carrying the same service to a different target area, but getting its audio via an internet feed, with god knows how much delay!

Ian

You can pretty much get the whole story from his website. I was mainly interested in the Long Delay Echoes that have been reported and that he first wrote about in 1974, but he went into Stonehenge, Jerusalem, the Great Pyramids, and the Green Children. I frankly think some of the connections are quite tenuous.
Well, I'm a big fan of children going green but you lost me at Stonehenge. Too bad as it's an interesting notion, but without any real evidence of such probes in our history then it seems to me that we may well have been probing ourselves all this years. How is it we have alien visitation on a high order of diversity but not one probe floating around?

Were these the sickly looking, supposedly alien, green children that stumbled into an English village long ago and claimed that they came from very far away? (I'm probably getting most of that wrong.)

Were these the sickly looking, supposedly alien, green children that stumbled into an English village long ago and claimed that they came from very far away? (I'm probably getting most of that wrong.)

I believe that's more or less correct. They were human children, but talked of visiting another planet are said to have been green skinned. Apparently this story has more than one source, although I am not clear why the sources are thought to be independent. The only connection that I cold follow to the LDEs was that the children were taken to a knight of the day who had been to Jerusalem in the crusades.In those days the galactic center passed over Jerusalem.

Talk about connecting dots at great distances.
Yes, well if you can come up with some connection to the galactic center, you can make an argument that ancient people wouldn't have known about it, and therefore there was some ET influence, but it has to be unambiguous. "The Horseshoe" at Stonehenge 1 is interesting, but I'm not sure that it's for real or that the galactic alignment is the only interpretation.

Soylent indigo, it's children!

The Black Knight always SOUNDED like bunk to me, but I never looked into it, thinking it was disinfo to cover an old NSA bird, or phantom radio signals from a lost Soviet spacecraft in one of their abortive attempts to send people into space. The proponents just always sounded so full of it, the whole story seemed bunk from beginning to end. I will listen to the audio file, it sounds interesting. Black Knight was basically picked up on by Phil Dick in his later novels Radio Free Albemuth and VALIS. In one passage it's an ET AI TTY system relaying mssgs poorly, in another it's an ancient pitted sat abandoned in Earth orbit, maybe it's supposed to be both at the same time, old Phil always kept it mercifully vague.

Black Knight Satellite Debunked & Mystery Satellite Documentary

Note that some of the info in the longer documentary is questionable. For example at least
one of Vallée's reports corresponded to classified Russian rocket launches that he knew

nothing about, and the records were destroyed to preserve counterintelligence activities.

Last edited:
Back