• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ron Regehr — October 19, 2014

At 1:08:29 into the broadcast Ron said; "Object from deep space crossed in front of a Satellite and went back out to deep space, and it never, uh, went in a stately fashion, it slowed down and sped up again."
Are you kidding me!? I can't believe you did not ask more questions about that! What kind of satellite was it? Where there pictures? Was it a satellite that was equipped with other sensors than normal, like infra red, x-ray etc.? Did Ron get to look at all the data provided by the satellite? How large was the object? If it moved under power, was the power source detectable? What did the object look like? Man I think you guys could have spent a show just on that one statement! I liked what Ron said and can not wait for his book, Were can I find the 67-page report that Ron published 1998 titled: "How to Build a $125 Million UFO Detector?" Thanks for a great show, guys.

You bring up a good point walker, I'm not sure why Gene or Chris didn't dig more on that. Listening to it made me wonder why they didn't.

the best Gene Hackman film
Theconversation.jpg

Audio quality not worthy of a Paracast. Big disappointment. If Regehr wants to be on one of the country's premier podcasts, he should travel to a friend's house or other location where there's a land-line or high-speed Internet.

So , how was the show folks ? Didn't understand a word.
At 1:08:29 into the broadcast Ron said; "Object from deep space crossed in front of a Satellite and went back out to deep space, and it never, uh, went in a stately fashion, it slowed down and sped up again."
Are you kidding me!? I can't believe you did not ask more questions about that! What kind of satellite was it? Where there pictures? Was it a satellite that was equipped with other sensors than normal, like infra red, x-ray etc.? Did Ron get to look at all the data provided by the satellite? How large was the object? If it moved under power, was the power source detectable? What did the object look like? Man I think you guys could have spent a show just on that one statement! I liked what Ron said and can not wait for his book, Were can I find the 67-page report that Ron published 1998 titled: "How to Build a $125 Million UFO Detector?" Thanks for a great show, guys.
Ron here. It was the Defense Support Program (DSP) satellite. This satellite senses infrared energy and is not a photo sat. I not only looked at the data but I wrote the report sent to the USAF regarding this sighting. Impossible to determine the size because we only see the IR returns and there is no was to correlate relative brightness with size--a flashbulb, for instance, could be the same size as an ember from your fire, but the flash would be MUCH brighter. One interesting aside is that after my presentation in Laughlin, I met John Alexander and he brought me a sketch of the object as observed from another satellite. He would share NO information about the source, but the object he showed me had a bivalve open-clam shape.
I still have several copies. $20 + shipping, say total of $25.

Audio quality not worthy of a Paracast. Big disappointment. If Regehr wants to be on one of the country's premier podcasts, he should travel to a friend's house or other location where there's a land-line or high-speed Internet.
Sorry about the poor quality. I have 3 rescue parrots (you probably heard them) and no landline service where I live. Hence, cell phone. If there is a next time I shall find a site with a land line. Again, I apologize.

So , how was the show folks ? Didn't understand a word.
SO sorry. Can you listen on the Paracast site? I live in the country where there is NO land line service--can not even get pizza delivered! If there is a next time I will find a better site, with a land line.

Hi Ron! Thanks for checking into the forum, we sure appreciate it. About the audio quality, you have to understand that Paracast listeners have been spoiled rotten by a couple of hosts that pride themselves on excellent audio quality. From the very beginning, Gene has insisted on first-class audio for the Paracast and the Tech Night Owl show. So you can see, we're used to the very best. By all means, bring us another show in the future (with a little better hook-up). Your tales are highly interesting to me and I know to many others in the large Paracast audience. Good luck with the parrots. :)

poor audio yes, but with patience you can hear the entire session pretty clearly - it's just muddied. i'm not sure if anything new was added to the discussion here though i did appreciate getting to see the petroglyphs as those are quite a rare sight and these are just stunning images. most of the show was a lot of meandering around historical corners, been there done that sort of thing with no real new insights, but then these are familiar roads for some. for others they might have had that experience i had twenty years ago catching a lone radio signal in the giant receiver dish of the lake i was camping beside at 3 am as i listened to art bell spin an interview about the Philadelphia Experiment through strange static. it was wonderful. i wonder if anyone had that experience with this episode..hmmmm, possibly not given the many paths travelled. i think i prefer to have a guest like this come on with more of a focussed topic to hone in on some clear points, or explore a detailed narrative as opposed to the smorgasbord effect.

this felt a little too much like old and new friends sitting around the bar shooting the cat while the stranger with an ear to the conversation is only making snatches of sense of it all.
Chris and I are old friends. Pleased you enjoyed the banter. Had I known there was or would be a problem with the audio I would have gone to another site. I live in the country where the is no landline service--shucks, I can't even get a pizza delivered!

I thought he was a interesting fella with some impressive credentials. If you can get passed his monotone voice that is hehe. The audio wasn't great but definitely manageable. I have to say I absolutely hate the commercials on the podcast. Gene, do something about this please. I'm gonna stop right now cause I know it will go to deaf ears, but please note that I can't stand them, and fast forwarding passed the commercials is annoying and creates a burden for the listeners.

As far as Utah - I never adventured to northern Utah. I mostly stayed in southern Utah around Bryce and Zion. I would like to go back next year to northern Utah and go exploring. I've seen those petroglyphs somewhere before; I think it was Ancient Aliens show and some book I don't recall.

Thanks for the pics Chris. I found a video of the area as well.
These glyphs are in SE Utah, about 30 miles north of Moab. I-70 exit 187, I believe, and head north about 3 miles.

Chris and I are old friends. Pleased you enjoyed the banter. Had I known there was or would be a problem with the audio I would have gone to another site. I live in the country where the is no landline service--shucks, I can't even get a pizza delivered!
Here's to doubling up on pong's thanks for showing up on the forum, Ron. You and Chris seem to have some good history. The whole story with the poison dart incident was rather curious. But then again, there's always strange things that happen in one's life over time. Life's just an accumulation of friendly, familiar and bizarre events.

But as a long time investigator can you tell me something, please? We often hear from some folks that the longer you stare into the mystery the more likely it is to start staring back at you. You mentioned during the show a very famous investigator of one specific abduction incident that resulted in him feeling that he was also the subject of abductions and the whole process started to affect him psychologically. Have you ever had such experiences and/or do you have any thoughts on why it is this material seems to have the capacity to handily destabilize both witness and investigator alike?

The audio is not that bad. I almost didn't listen to this one based on the comments about how no one could understand what was being said. Glad I went ahead and listened. Great interview. Maybe if English is your second language it was difficult to understand but I don't know how a native speaker could not understand what was being said. Would I have preferred a better connection, of course, but some of you folks need to lighten up.

The audio is not that bad... Would I have preferred a better connection, of course, but some of you folks need to lighten up.
I didn't think it was THAT bad either... thanks for your comments. I agree, some folks should cut the show a bit of slack—one show (out of necessity) conducted on a cell phone out of the hundreds that aren't isn't a bad ratio.
Excuse us if we can't maintain our level of quality and excellence. I've heard many other shows that have horrendous audio as the norm!

I didn't think it was THAT bad either... thanks for your comments. I agree, some folks should cut the show a bit of slack—one show (out of necessity) conducted on a cell phone out of the hundreds that aren't isn't a bad ratio.
Excuse us if we can't maintain our level of quality and excellence. I've heard many other shows that have horrendous audio as the norm!
I would stop listening to those shows altogether then. I prefer shows that have really clean audio and consistently high production values. Those ones monetize better, from paying subscribers to volunteer Patreons, and they maintain & grow listenership when a commonly strong & consistent format and quality content is established. Just something to consider. I enjoy the occasional rustic charm episode but if it was always like that it would be pretty hard to continue listening, no matter who the guests were. The Paracast has already established an incredible archive that reads like the true, unfettered history of Ufology. It only gets better when form & content are always creamy.

Too bad Ron wasn't on in the wake of the Antares rocket explosion. Would've been interesting to get his thoughts on it. He has some impressive credentials.

Dear Ron Regehr,

Thank you very much for all the information you provided. I'm freaking-out that you have many letters you shared with Bennewitz!!! I'm freaking-out that you talked to him about many things going on at Kirtland!!!

Oh man, oh man, you must have many more stories to tell...

I can't believe that loon, I'm guessing Linda Moulton Howe, sent you off on that insane trip to the UFO base in UT. Oh god, you've been to the Twilight Zone. I'm glad you made it back safe and sound. haha Someone should get Linda a Yagi Antenna, so she can continue the ET conversations! :D

Did you have much contact with any of the other people involved regarding Bennewitz like Kirtland OSI/Doty types, or Gabe Valdez, or Robert Collins, or Bill Moore, etc. Did you know these people from the beginning of the 1980's or when?

Can you elaborate more about the letters you shared with Bennewitz?

Mr. Bennewitz was onto the idea (seemingly correctly) that specialized aerial craft were "flying" [or lifting upward/vertical then off towards the mountains] from Kirtland in the wee hours of nighttime. He may have called these UFO's, but these craft were really man made.

Can you PLEASE at least confirm there were these specialized aerial craft he was seeing come and go off the base? Gabe Valdez said he saw such aerial craft too independently of Bennewitz. There are some night photos Bennewitz took of these "flying objects" on the ground at Kirtland from the rooftop of his house. These were not photos of "nothing" [like many were from Dulce] but clearly the Kirtland photos had some very unusual objects in the photos.

I wish you would write about what all you knew with anything to do with Bennewitz, Kirtland, those aerial objects, Valdez, Kirtland characters, etc.

Did you see the Movie Mirage Men??? You MUST see it, please.

Thank you very much again for your appearance, and I hope to learn much more about the subjects I wrote about above.

Also, based on your interests in Native American lore and IF you enjoy detective mystery stories, then you might enjoy reading books by Tony Hillerman.

Last edited:
Back