• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

"10 Places As Mysterious As The Bermuda Triangle"

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
I'm not convinced that the so-called "Bermuda Triangle" is really all that mysterious, but the listverse author subjectively lists ten locales that are said to be "mysterious." The San Luis Valley garnered a #3 listing...

It should be #1 (IMO) but I'm prejudiced being the investigator that logged most of the mutes and ufo reports (and other unexplained events) from the region to which they refer, etc...

"#3 The San Luis Valley
[The] San Luis Valley, in southern Colorado, is an area high in inexplicable phenomena including UFO sightings and hundreds of unexplained farm animal mutilations. UFO sightings are so common that a woman named Judy Messoline has even set up a UFO watchtower on her property, which has witnessed over 50 UFO sightings since 2000 alone. Some of these are observed by dozens of people at a time.

"For the UFO skeptics out there, far more chilling are the tales of animal mutilations from the region. They began in 1967, with a horse named Snippy. Snippy was found one morning with her brain missing, and her neck bones completely cleaned. Since then, hundreds if not thousands of inexplicable animal mutilations have occurred in the region, [Thousands!? I don't think so—chris] sharing several things in common—firstly, there is never a trace of blood around the animals, [Never?! I don't think so! —chris] and secondly, the animals are all damaged with precise cuts, distinctly not the work of predators. Finally, all of the mutilations happen overnight to otherwise healthy creatures. [What a load of pop-culture BS! ALL the animals have precise cuts done overnight? I don't think so... —chris]

"Investigations into the incidents haven’t wielded any results, yet they continue to this day. Some farmers report seeing strange lights in the sky the nights before finding a carcass, leading some to believe that extraterrestrials are involved. Though it’s hard to imagine aliens caring so much about farm animals in Colorado, the alternative isn’t much more appealing—that humans are the so-called “Phantom Surgeons of the Plains”. Personally, I’d rather it was aliens."

Yeah, me too pal! If only it were that simple...

Back