• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

My Colorado Trip Has Some....

Do I have something unusual here?

• Nope. Camera glitches or natural occurrences.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dude, get your head examined.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SiGiL

Paranormal Maven
Hey everyone! New here as you all can tell. I've been listening to the show for a few years now but I never felt compelled to say anything till now. So I suppose I'll get started.

Ok, I'll try to make this brief and if you guys have any questions feel free to grill me later, cool? (Hell, maybe I can find some answers to) This is the first time I'm sharing this publicly for the world to see. Some of my friends saw this privately. They think it's military, but I'm not so sure. They also say take it to the media but I can give a rats ass about the media. Also, if you really want to help me determine what I have here, I'm more then willing to talk to you privately and send out the RAW files as well. I have seen one or two other strange things in the sky over in NY, but it's the first time I actually caught it on camera.

Alright, so I'm from NY, and I decided to go take an adventure to Colorado (Denver) for the weekend with my girl. This is fairly recent, October 3, 2014 (Friday) We landed in Denver International Airport and rented a car that same day of course. We decided to stay around downtown Denver for the night, and take some shots with my camera phone, we also ate some great food. (love the steak and calamari) After all that, we headed to our hotel, and the next day we wanted to see some fine mountains and go hiking. We headed northwest towards Rocky Mtn National Park/Estes Park.

So once we were there (Saturday and Sunday 4-5th of October, 2014) that's when I caught things that were quite interesting on my DSLR and other camera gear. (I have a GoPro Hero 2 and Canon 6D with a bunch of lenses and of course my Samsung S5 camera phone) Now, mind you, I didn't notice any of the,"anomalies" if you want to call them that, in the shots that same day. It's only when I was on the airplane coming back to LGA going through my shots is when I noticed something odd in one of my S5 pics. I didn't see a damn thing weird with my own eyes that weekend (my girl didn't either) just my gear caught things. Initially, I thought its probably an insect or a camera glitch/dead pixel but this thing looks like it's way out in the distance. Dead pixels would have been seen on my other images, but they were nowhere to be seen in my other shots. If it was an insect that far out, I don't think my camera phone would have picked it up. Furthermore, it was nearly 12,ooo ft., 33 degrees fahrenheit, and very windy. I didn't see any birds up there whatsoever, only down about 8,500 ft near Bear Lake is when I saw blue jays and some other nice looking birds. Also, no birds that size for that matter. So now that I caught that, I figured there must by more strange things in my shots, and sure enough there was. (and video, but video I might be stretching it a bit, I'll post it some time later)
20141005_115924.jpg
Trail Ridge Rd., Rocky Mtn National park. taken by me in the rental car. Samsung S5 SM-G900T1
Glowing Edges.jpg
Cropped glowing edges version.
Inverted.jpg Cropped inverted version.
Solarize UFO.jpg
Cropped solarized.Reg crop.jpg
Cropped.
super crop.jpg
It has a tail fin :) it sorta reminds me of a penguin.

Guys....guys... this story gets stranger...OhhhMyy..... as I'm typing this up, I went on google maps to show exactly where I took the photo in the moving car. and I found this..... (0)____(o)

Google Maps

WTF google 2.jpg

WTF google.jpg

It looks like a mouse or a...hate to say it.. but a black tampon :] See the string? I'm I nuts?? Check the link yourselfs.

IMG_2208.JPG
I was driving, my girl took the photo. Can you spot where the objects are? I'll give you a hint.... there are 3 of them.... but I'm not sure if its house's up in the mountains or 3 orbs. Help me out here folks. (This image has been edited to make the objects stand out more, RAW file on demand)

edit.jpg Cropped.jpg WTF again.jpg

Did some more research and apparently Colorado is experiencing some strange things in the sky. I saw Chris O'Brien's thread as well and apparently it's that time year where strange things happen in the sky.

Police investigate UFO spotted over Breckenridge

I checked the shutter speed on the first pic I showed you guys (Trail Ridge Rd. Black object/flying penguin) and whatever it was - it was pretty fast. Exposure time 1/1832 at ISO 40 F stop 2.2. I also have pics taken literally 1-2 seconds before and after with nothing unusual in them to correspond to that image.

*Sorry if I have any spelling/grammatical errors. Don't have time to double check ATM.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
20141005_113007.jpg
I wanted to show you guys where that first object was. It was right in front of Stones Peak above the Forest Canyon as shown in this image I took.

Also, I noticed that this location is almost adjacent to the infamous Skinwalker ranch, coincidence? I don't know. Maybe I'm trying too hard to connect the dots here.

Cool pix!

Welcome to the UFO club. :)

From my limited experience, it seems like a very frustrating club to join. Your story seems very normal; people find unidentifiable objects in their holiday photos, and never really figure out what they are. The objects are too much like craft to dismiss as photographic quirks, but not clear enough to identify.

Hopefully some of the more experienced folks here can link those objects to similar craft seen elsewhere.

Thank you for sharing your photographs. I'm jealous. I would like some myself.

Thanks prime. I'm using Adobe Lightroom 5.6 and PS CS6. Actually, I got the whole Adobe master collection, but those 2 programs is what I use mainly. I do like to take shots and panoramas wherever I go, so this software is vital for editing/stitching images. What do you think of the google maps object? I mean I can't make this stuff up haha.

Welcome to the forum and I must say, what a great first post. I'm afraid I'm no help with analysing your photos but there will be people who can. I think Chris probably can but if not, he definitely knows who can.

So stick around, post and get involved in all threads that interest you.

Goggs

I turn that feature off on my phone, I don't know - makes me paranoid and wastes battery I guess. But yes, Google does do that. But that is very odd to say the least IMO. What you think it is? Did you click on the link and zoom in?

Did you click on the link and zoom in?

Yes. I love Google Maps and Google Earth.

I also like to document my wanderings on vacation. My GPS records my position every three seconds. I upload that data to Google, then I can zoom in to see exactly where I was.

Here's me wandering around Lake Travis near Austin, Texas looking for Indian mounds...
austintrack.png

I love the zoom! Here I zoomed into the track above. You can see were I had to drive around the block twice downtown searching for a darn parking spot so I could buy a train ticket to ride the Metro. Also listed are videos I took at different recreation areas.

austindowntown.png

I wish I had more time to mess with this data.

Nice catch on the pic. I live in Colorado Springs, and I hate to say it, but I think you might have caught a falcon or crow. I dont think its any type of aircraft, since you usually see some type of sun reflection at that elevation. Living next to AFA, Shriever AFB, Peterson, and COS airport, you get very aquainted with all different types of aircrafts (including stealths), but those damn birds have a habit of photo bombing nice landscape shots here. I was shocked a couple years ago when I saw a huge black vulture perched on a fence just outside of Boulder.

I stare at the sky hours a day (not exaggerating) and Im still waiting to see my first real close up of a UFO. In the meantime, Im usually in awe with our more identifiable flying objects. [emoji4]

I think you might have caught a falcon or crow
I thought so as well initially. Let me explain why I don't think it's a bird or a penguin for that matter. :) But of course I can't be 100% sure.

1.) Lucky for me, this was one pic that was taken literally a second or seconds from the next pic. Basically, what I'm saying is 1-2 second intervals per shot which had to have the object in it - in the previous shots that is. Well...where is it then? The object only appears in that one shot. If it was a real bird, I would have at least catched it in my previous shots taken literally 1-2 seconds from each other. The bird would have to have been flying at insane speeds for me not to catch it flying down, or even increasing altitude from the previous shots to the next.

Here's the proof:

As mentioned before these were taken literally 1-2 seconds of each other. * Some photo's I didn't post due to them being slightly blurry. (I was in a moving passenger side of a car and holding my camera phone with one hand moving very slightly left and right)20141005_115917.jpg 20141005_115917.jpg 20141005_115922.jpg
20141005_115924.jpg
Nothing, nothing, nothing... BAM!

2.) Look at the distance from where the object is from me. I'm gonna guesstimate here and say its about half a mile from me. Maybe less, maybe more, but it looks like it's in the middle of the valley directly over Forrest Canyon about 11,500 ft.- 13,000 ft. max. So to make a long story short here, what size do you think that thing is if I were to take it from that distance, and bring it lets say... 5 ft. from me? Personally, I have seen crows and falcons out west (in Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Zion) and I know they can get pretty big - much bigger then out east here. We have Turkey vultures in NJ that I know are huge lol However, I do think it would be bigger then a falcon or crow, or even a vulture if you were to move it 5 ft. closer to me. But that's just me.

3.) Why didn't I see it with my own eyes?? I was directly looking at Stones Peak. Plus it's freaking black - a complete contrast to the sky.

Also, what about the 3 objects in the mountains? I could be reaching here.

Attachments

• 20141005_115918.jpg
    20141005_115918.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 3
Cool find. Just impossible distance to be certain. If you could say, see the sun reflecting, you could be sure it was a real object. Your pics remind me of my visit to Rocky National Park. Very cool.

Sorry, having looked at the 1st photos you've posted, I do agree it appears like you have some type of object. Also does not look like any type of wild life. It's too bad you didn't see it at the time, it would go a long way in helping to identify what it is not.

The 3 objects your girl caught in that pic. They remind me of how helicopters converge on an area where there is an accident- were you able to rule that out?

@lee Thanks, I love national parks. It's a shame that most Americans don't even know what they have in their own backyard. Also, what is the coincidence that I also found something odd on Google maps too. At the same location! Google Maps It's low resolution so it's very hard to make out what they have their.

The 3 objects your girl caught in that pic. They remind me of how helicopters converge on an area where there is an accident- were you able to rule that out?

No. I'll have to do some more digging and find out. That could be it, not ruling that out.

I'm digging through some more and found this video.... a hour from where I was at nearly the same date Oct 3,2014. I was in colorado on the 4-5th of Oct. 2014 Coincidence? Don't think so.

I give the reporter props cause he even mentions that "I was the only person to get in front of a camera and talk about the UFO's flying over head" My hat goes off to him.

Ya know what, when you first posted this, i looked and thought just land features, at long distance.

But looking closer, im now pretty sure that they are casting shadows, so they must be pretty big, and independent from the back-ground features..

cropped-jpg.4194

I thought so as well. That's why I cropped this image to compare the background to the 3 objects. They just stand out. I have 3 other objects in another shot that are cylindrical but they could be part of the power lines so I'm not gonna bother posting them.

wtf-again-jpg.4195

Back