• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Guest Suggestions for The Paracast

Is this the event that showed a picture of a telephone flying by in front of a young lady that is sitting down?
You're thinking of Tina Resch, a classic example of how researchers promoting paranormal activity instead of mental health can result in disaster. Her story was just a miserable one. Invariably these poltergeist stories featuring a disturbed young woman at the heart of the story need to be seen through a different set of eyes. The bigger question is how is it crowds can become deluded along with whoever else is promoting belief in the poltergeist. Who are these people who claim that it rained indoors, that the kid walked backwards up the wall or that the fridge levitated as that's the thing that needs investigation?
tina-resch-2.jpg

Never really followed up on this although I did seem to recall it involved a woman with...as you say, a very tragic history...including tbe murder of her child.

So upon doing a quick search of her name i found out there is a "clinical" term for people who are involved with this type activity. HAP (human poltergeist agent) although Tina apparently tarnished her case by using a little trickery herself.

.... although Tina apparently tarnished her case by using a little trickery herself.

As it has been observed in many other cases. In the Enfield Poltergeist case as well as the "Lindley Street" case, the girls were caught hoaxing events. Like Maurice Grosse, one of the SPR researchers in the Enfield case, the researchers in the Lindley Street case came to the conclusion that the girls liked being the center of attention, and when public interest started to wane, they tried to either provoke real phenomena or simply to hoax them, so that the people wouldn't leave and the media wouldn't give up the case.

Even if there's psychological problems to be considered with the adolescent girls, I don't think that we can just dismiss the credible witness reports. There is a written affidavit by a policewoman in the Enfield case, who saw a chair move on its own, without anyone near it. She didn't find any "strings attached". And if you read "The world's most haunted house", it has the original statements of policemen and firemen who saw TV sets and fridges being moved, again with nobody near them and no sign of trickery or natural cause to be found.

Last edited:
As far as "raining indoors" -the case in Pennsylvania has multiple witnesses to the event, including a landlord, several law enforcement, neighbor(s) -the activity centered around another troubled young adult.

As it has been observed in many other cases. In the Enfield Poltergeist case as well as the "Lindley Street" case, the girls were caught hoaxing events. Like Maurice Grosse, one of the SPR researcher in the Enfield case, the researchers in the Lindley Street case came to the conclusion that the girls liked being the center of attention, and when public interest started to wane, they tried to either provoke real phenomena or hoaxed them, so that the people wouldn't leave and the media wouldn't give up the case.

Even if there's psychological problems to be considered with the adolescent girls, I don't think that we can just dismiss the credible witness reports. There is a written affidavit by a policewoman in the Enfield case, who saw a chair move on its own, without anyone near it. She didn't find any "strings attached". And if you read "The world's most haunted house", it has the original statements of policemen and firemen who saw TV sets and fridges being moved, again with nobody near them and no sign of trickery or natural cause to be found.

That's pretty interesting The way i read that is that a cyclical feedback loop is involved in that the girl's constant need for affirmation could result in poltergeist type events if that affirmation was not being answered, thus they get all angsty and spookiness ensues. So when that affirmation DOES show up in the form of attention, the needed catalyst is absent so the need to deceive is involved to "prove" that something strange is afoot. If the girl's are not privy to their possible input in this feedback loop, in their pov, there's is nothing wrong with hoaxing because they are not lying it's just that the damn polterwurst doesn't show up at the appropriate time.

I think a peer review paper is in the works.:p
But I may have just reworded Mr. Grosses' s findings.

Last edited:
That's pretty interesting The way i read that is that a cyclical feedback loop is involved in that the girl's constant need for affirmation could result in poltergeist type events if that affirmation was not being answered, thus they get all angsty and spookiness ensues.
In the Lindley Street case, the parents said that events would occur when the girl wasn't even in the house. And it's very obvious that they were not very keen to have their things rearranged, smashed and broken and that they suffered very much from it.
As for the "focus person", the girl seems to have been quite violently attacked herself. I don't see how she would want that to happen.

....and maybe we should move this to a more fitting thread. :oops:

Gene: could we install a "DISlike" button. Sure, there are a lot of posts I like, but there are also a lot of posts that I dislike... is there any way we could get that function installed?

I'm going to LikeX10 this one. I've mentioned this possibility but I may have come across as tongue-in-cheek, don't know why anybody would think that.

It's not as if it would harm anyone's feelings, if somebody posts something not to our liking we are not afraid to say so in sometimes scathing terms, and we do have the ability to like something and then expound on it, so why not have the same capacity on things we don't like and perhaps, just perhaps, a simple "not like" button could prevent the inevitable occasional multi paged acrimonious pissing contests that pass for debates.

Last edited:
Until we figure out a way to create a dedicated button, if it's appropriate, I'm going to simply reply to some posts w/ the word DISLIKE from now on ...

Why not good old Timothy Good.He has a book to promote.

He was on not that long ago. I wasn't very impressed with him as he seemed to sound quite gullible. He did have some interesting stories to tell, but there didn't seem to be much to substantiate them other than he heard them from some sources he had. I wouldn't mind hearing some more far out stories from him.

He was on not that long ago. I wasn't very impressed with him as he seemed to sound quite gullible. He did have some interesting stories to tell, but there didn't seem to be much to substantiate them other than he heard them from some sources he had. I wouldn't mind hearing some more far out stories from him.
It probably was so good , i already forgot it.

Has Joshua P. Warren ever appeared on the show? For some reason the Amazon link isn't working, but he's got a new book out called It Was a Dark and Creepy Night about a wide variety of weird and spooky tales. This could make for a fun show.

Hi there, wasn't Ted Philipps thought to come to the show again? It's quite some time he hasn't been on! Last time he was on, he was still engaged in the Morley woods investigations if I don't mistake...It'd be interesting to learn about the new developpements there might be...

Back