• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bending Logic

I have to say this feature is very clever

wave-hoax-apple-wireless-charging.png

That's pretty funny, I wonder if people are walking into Apple stores asking where the microwave ovens are at.

Or a scam perpetrated by a competitor. :)

More likely just someone with a wonderful sense of humor, after all there are any number of individuals out there only all to happy to dick with apple. It goes without saying if apple had developed this technology it would have been mentioned ad infinitum by now...

Cupertino on a lovely September Monday ; Tim Cook " Oh, and one more thing..."

It would have been tweeted, instagramed, tumbled, and promoted in every possible medium (with the notable exception of LP records) and yet many of the apple faithful are such true believers they jumped onto this...unless of course the people that supposedly fell for this are red herrings and part of the deceit in which case I love it even more, but I tend to think that the true believers did get burned or maybe it's "microwaved"

Last edited:
More likely just someone with a wonderful sense of humor, after all there are any number of individuals out there only all to happy to dick with apple. It goes without saying if apple had developed this technology it would have been mentioned ad infinitum by now...

Cupertino on a lovely September Monday ; Tim Cook " Oh, and one more thing..."

It would have been tweeted, instagramed, tumbled, and promoted in every possible medium (with the notable exception of LP records) and yet many of the apple faithful are such true believers they jumped onto this...unless of course the people that supposedly fell for this are red herrings and part of the deceit in which case I love it even more, but I tend to think that the true believers did get burned or maybe it's "microwaved"

This comment on one of the news articles plays into it too

You CAN actually charge your phone this way. Nokia figured out how to do it years ago, but they never implmented it and I'll explain why. The problem has always been that microwaves heat the battery too quickly. You can easily fix this problem by wrapping the entire phone in tinfoil and placing it in the microwave. The phone will charge in less than 3 minutes. All of the phone companies have known about this for years after Nokia figured it out, but no one implements it because it would cost them millions in accessories sales. iPhone chargers cost $50 at the Apple store and they sell millions of them every year. I have been charging my phone in the microwave like this since the iPhone 3 was released

iOS 8: 'Wave' Wireless Microwave Charging Feature for iPad and iPhone is Not Real

It has that ring of conspiratorial truth to it, that cynical they knew about this but didnt say anything because they could lose money, we see it in the Tesla and water powered engines narrative, the idea that something good but free would be suppressed in order to make money.

That some people did microwave their new phones is pretty funny. I dont own a microwave oven, never liked the way food tasted after being zapped.
And as an entusiastic cook myself i consider it cheating, i got a look at the back end of a local indian resturant the other day, he had 8 of them on a shelf.
The food was all precooked and refrigerated, and when an order was placed the dishes went into these ovens and zapped, he had 6 of them running on a single order

Culinary sacrilege

I agree that Samsung, Apple, and Windows each market directly against one another, but scams like this usually come from online geeks who have been predetermined to bash a competitor product from the onset of its release.

It's a dirty shame.

I take it, that iphones dont 'micowave too good then.

That post of mike's is pretty funny, even has the recharge times

60 secs at 700w etc etc

Funny shit, cos you just know some dumb ass has believed and has tried it.

Back