• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ryan Skinner - Skinwalker Ranch

lol, you have no clue how editing works

I'm sorry what was I supposed to show? also are you aware of how "Hollywood" and editing works? Your opinion is your own and I will respect it, however I'm not sure what I'm supposed to show you as I am merely a solo investigative journalist. I don't work at the Ranch, I don't have a contract with Bigelow/ or the government, and for some reasons the "visitors" don't seem agreeable to a photo op, maybe you can ask them yourself rather than wagging your finger at me demanding proof.

I know how it works... I'm going by what Joe said on his podcast about you... Nice guy, no proof of anything.
And yes, Joe was not happy with the way the show was edited in some respects. However, he was pretty clear about you on his show. Someone posted the podcast in this thread.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. Wow this Skinwalker ranch topic has sparked some heated discussion...

I have huge respect for Ryan and D.L. - They wrote an amazing book (that I'll be reviewing shortly) and they've stuck with this tread in spite of a lot of nonsense. I don't like to say this too often, but this is one of the best Paranormal books published this year. His book and "Close Encounters Of The Fatal Kind" are essential Sumer 2014 reading.

very kind words, thank you. Hope to write about more adventures i *may have in the near future out west.

Hi Ryan, I'm sorry for the repetition if this question being brought up before. I'm reading your book now and I've got a question about the orbs that we're captured by Tripod, Ranch Hand and other guards. Were they aware about this famous effect produced by dust particles floating close to the camera lenses? Did they rule it out doing the situation analysis?

And I gotta tell you - it's brilliant work! I thought after reading the Colm's book that the story was told. Wrong!

Last edited:
I do not personally know all (if not most) of the individuals pseudonymed in the book. Great risks were taken to present the material contained within the book. Sorry I do not have a definitive answer for you regarding your question. My assumption is they were amateurs in that regard. Please keep in mind the ranch has scientists that work there and then they have the guards. The guards are NOT trained researchers in any regard. They do however come from a professional law enforcement and military background. Does that alone make them qualified to conduct paranormal research? Not in my opinion, however they are trained observers.

It was just a question, Ryan, without any critic. It's just given the number of orbs they saw and photos taken, I would really like to know more details. I completely understand the risk you took providing this information and I do understand the difference between scientists and guards with respect to being ablaze to analyze such events.

Again, I really appreciate your effort with this book!

I'll be very close the ranch on Tuesday. Hope I can bring back some new information. Ryan do you know which gas station gives the river permits?

Went to the ranch right up to the gate. Had a great time trying to see something, but I came up empty. I would have needed much more time. The stories of the skin walker were know all the way in Moab. It's interesting how quickly everyone recalls a story they've heard. Much respect to Ryan, Chris and other researchers who have taken the time to really check this area out.

Just curious: Has anyone had the chance to read LOST ON SKINWALKER RANCH by Erick T. Rhetts? I haven't bought it yet, but it looks interesting.

Just finished The Rosetta Deception and started on UFOs for 21st Century. Noticed your and Ryan's book is available on Kindle so I'll look into it.
Vance, my apologies for never getting back to you. I have been deeply involved with multiple other projects. I'm looking into a book written by Erick T. Rhetts called LOST ON SKINWALKER RANCH. The intro reads well. Love to know if you read our book and what you think. We have received some very positive reviews. Will be updating the version in response to some of the criticism. Some people don't like the fact that we left the "grammar" as it was written by the indirect contributors and others would have enjoyed a more narrative approach in parts.

Just curious: Has anyone had the chance to read LOST ON SKINWALKER RANCH by Erick T. Rhetts? I haven't bought it yet, but it looks interesting.

Yes, I've just completed it.

If one were to treat it as a short work of genre fiction then you shouldn't be too disappointed; there are some good atmospheric moments in the briskly told tale. If one however was to read it as what it purports to be, the testimony of a security guard who worked on Skinwalker ranch in the employ of Bigelow, you may find the work slightly more problematic.

Back