• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Book list for the UFO neophyte

Chris Talbert

Paranormal Novice
I've listened to a few episodes of para-cast. Let me give GREAT credit for the hosts making sure all the goofy stuff is outed for the listener.

Could I make an individual request from the readers of the forum?

To begin with, I noticed that guests are invariably hawking a book. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with that. A man should be paid for his work. But, as a newcomer all the book references are daunting????

I would like a few book recommendations, for a person who prefers verifiable evidence, stuff that is in the official record, or hard to dispute. Stuff that makes an inquisitive person curious. I used to be a voracious reader of books until the internet came along. I hold my hand up, I have abandoned print and I do feel guilty. I can read a few books here and there, but I have a full time job and three teenage kids.

I would prefer books that are on ebook form or even better on audio. Although my reading time is limited, I can listen to audio at work. The one benefit of the economy is that I've been left with a mindless job. The upside is I can listen to my mp3 player, intently, without fear I will do a bad job.

Thanks guys,
Chris

p.s. I think it is a shame that ufo researchers are being left with the archaic model of print to fund their work. I wish there was better way for these guys to get resources without being sellouts, but benefiting from the internet age.

Hey, just love the free library.;) Reading the summaries from that first link I posted might give you a way to choose. I'm kind of hooked on Vallee as a starting point. Google search free PDF for Jaques Vallee and see what comes up. Even his core brief articles are good solid starting points. A wider search of his name here in the forums will yield his core books posted for free as pdf's as well.

... I would like a few book recommendations, for a person who prefers verifiable evidence, stuff that is in the official record, or hard to dispute. Stuff that makes an inquisitive person curious.

Welcome to the forum :) . Some suggestions are here: https://www.theparacast.com/forum/threads/recommended-books.5216/#post-144321

And of course, don't forget the classics. e.g The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects by E.J. Ruppelt, and titles by Frank Edwards and Donald Keyhoe. Clarke's UFO Encyclopedia is another great addition, but if you don't have the funds for that, try getting a copy of Timothy Good's Beyond Top Secret. It's a bit dated now, but still an excellent work covering the Modern Era.

NOTE: Verifiable material scientifically valid evidence is not available to the public and we are not certain that even the governments have such evidence, so beware of authors who claim to have definitive proof of that nature. The best authors cite official records, studies, and the testimony of believable witnesses.

More book here: Ufology Casebooks

Last edited:
- Dolan's UFO and the National Security state Vol. 1 & 2 will get you about 90 percent there in terms of your general overall knowledge of all the major cases and players. These are good reference manuals because you can cherry pick specific cases and time periods to look at.

- Clear Intent: The Government Coverup of the Ufo Experience, by Greenwood and Fawcett

Both these book give you a solid foundation to conclude SOMETHING is clearly happening and the Government is without question suppressing information and engaging in a deep conspiracy for reasons yet to be known.
-----

If your interest is in examining what all of this means and what are some possible causes, both metaphysical and physical, I would recommend the books by Jaques Valle. Namely,

-CONFRONTATIONS: A Scientist's Search for Alien Contact (Alien Contact Trilogy Book 2)
-REVELATIONS: Alien Contact and Human Deception (Alien Contact Trilogy Book 3)
-Messengers of Deception: UFO Contacts and Cults

-----

Finally, I would then venture into some of the more interesting individual cases and possibilities, so there I would recommend:

- Project Beta by Greg Bishop
- Final Events - Nick Redfern
- The Hunt For the Skinwalker - Kelleher and Knapp

When I began developing more than a passing interest in UFO's, my wife gave me a book titled "The Total Novice's Guide to UFO's, published in 2010 by T.L. Keller". It covered a wide range of topics within the UFO topic such as abductions, early & modern sightings, Roswell, the "supposed" secret space program, Hollywood's portrayal of UFO's, Skunkworks and so on & so on. I still thumb through it from time to time.

Back