• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Skyfire Summit Conference, Nov 7th-9th

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
Travis Walton contacted me about giving a presentation at his 1st Annual Skyfire Summit Conference in November. I am planning on inviting Travis (yet again) to be a guest on the Paracast to talk about this new event. The lineup looks good and if anyone is interested in attending, it's only a hop, skip and a jump from where I live in Central AZ... Come attend, stop by and say hello! — Chris

What better addendum to the Cracked piece on Walton than adding a commemorative event to Walton's list of achievements, but not just any commemorative event, a whole UFO conference ( with some "Native American Perspectives and Insights" thrown in for good measure ), But not just any conference, it's an Annual Conference, and not just an annual conference, but "The First Annual Conference Commemorating The 39th Anniversary of Travis Walton's 1975 Incident". Are you ready? ( the teaser asks ). I know I'm not, and I doubt I'll be ready for the Second Annual Conference Commemorating The 39th Anniversary either, which means ( sadly ) I'll have to miss Chris' presentation on "Ancient Astronauts & Cattle Mutilations" at least once. Just when I thought that the ancient aliens couldn't possibly be responsible for anything else in the ancient world, Chris has stepped it up with a new angle. Could ancient astronauts be responsible for cattle mutilations? If you want to find out the answer you better get your tickets now :D.

Dear Ufology please:
stopsign51.jpg

I'll have to miss Chris' presentation on "Ancient Astronauts & Cattle Mutilations" at least once. Just when I thought that the ancient aliens couldn't possibly be responsible for anything else in the ancient world, Chris has stepped it up with a new angle. Could ancient astronauts be responsible for cattle mutilations? If you want to find out the answer you better get your tickets now :D.
Get testy in yer old age, it would seem. Your crusty brand of smarm doesn't become you Randall. The conference organizers assigned the tentative title to my presentation, not me. I will be speaking about my latest book Stalking the Herd. I do speak at length about human's ancient relationship w/ cattle—don''t know where they got the astronaut "angle," as you put it, but I do address our ancient practice of animal sacrifice, etc. When are you gonna stop w/ your attack mode behavior? That's not very becoming as well...

Get testy in yer old age, it would seem. Your crusty brand of smarm doesn't become you Randall. The conference organizers assigned the tentative title to my presentation, not me. I will be speaking about my latest book Stalking the Herd. I do speak at length about human's ancient relationship w/ cattle—don''t know where they got the astronaut "angle," as you put it, but I do address our ancient practice of animal sacrifice, etc. When are you gonna stop w/ your attack mode behavior? That's not very becoming as well...

Thanks for clearing that up. I suspected that maybe the creator of the teaser didn't have all the info quite right.

Regarding my "attack mode behavior": If I'm the one in "attack mode" how come I'm the one on the defensive :confused: ? Consider these recent non "attack mode" posts:

Plus I've activated at least two dozen "likes" on other people's posts since last Monday, and there are even more examples where those came from. The fact is. I post here a lot, so it's to be expected that not everyone will agree with or like all my posts. But I do provide honest opinions, usually backed by independent examples, and most of the time I'm willing to discuss them in detail with anyone who is interested. Frankly, I could quite easily make the claim that it is me who is being attacked. Recently I've been the focus of personal slights and attempts to have me censored by banning my participation in certain threads. But I'm writing it off largely as a consequence of participating in a forum featuring content of a highly contentious nature. Maybe these complainers should try the same thing instead of simply expecting me to fall in line or go away.

Last edited:
Stop what? Why? You mean don't post anything like this ...

Travis Walton on Moment Of Truth

Come on Ufology give me some credit...............
I was just trying to stop you from further alienating yourself, as someone who values your input to these forums (I have learned many valuable things from your writings here) I don't want you to be banned, but you have to understand that there is a time and a place for ridicule. Let us not pretend that if some one behaved in the same way towards you or your work/research/theory/pov etc you would be OK with it.
Just to be clear I am not defending Mr Walton or his claims, but I do take exception to you attacking the very platform that enables you to speak to a wider audience than you would otherwise be able to, and get your views across. The way I see it Chris and the Paracast are one and the same.
I believe that you have the greatest respect for logic so I hope that you will understand the following as I intend it: The further you advance the further you have to go back, please stop and assess the situation: You are not holding a very good hand, in terms of fire power you are outgunned and out numbered, in terms of Allies you are also at a disadvantage, the battleground is not of your choosing, your no prisoners approach will ultimately be adopted by your opponents and the more bridges you burn the more rivers you will have to cross.
my opinion and that's all it is: is that you should consider conceding the battle and focus on the war. In other words don't cut off your nose to spite your face. What is the point of being a martyr? especially on a platform that depends on your ability to communicate.
Essentially what I am asking is: for you to realise that your message will be lost unless you work with people rather than against them.
I genuinely hope that I have not offended you and that understand that I have everybody's best interests at heart.
Your sincerely Harry.

Come on Ufology give me some credit...............
I was just trying to stop you from further alienating yourself, as someone who values your input to these forums (I have learned many valuable things from your writings here) I don't want you to be banned, but you have to understand that there is a time and a place for ridicule.
Han you're absolutely one of my favorite people here and thanks for sharing your concerns. Unfortunately I can't make everyone happy all the time. I've met far too many people who take Walton's claims as the gospel truth. Do you see anyone else here raising an eyebrow? I suppose I could refrain from commenting at all when something contentious comes up, but honestly, I'm just not that concerned about being banned. Some people will take my comments in the spirit in which they're intended. Others will project their own neuroses and biases into them and who can predict how that's going to turn out? Others will have their own political agendas. But I'm not here to pick sides or win a popularity contest. I comment honestly and fairly on what I see. Plain and simple. If I'm going to be banned for that, I'm not the least bit ashamed of it.
Let us not pretend that if some one behaved in the same way towards you or your work/research/theory/pov etc you would be OK with it.
When people are critical of my comments, and provide valid counterpoint, I'm the first to thank them and discuss the issue at length. I'm interested in the truth, not fame or ticket sales or guru status. Although I do admit that it feels good when I get the odd bit of fan mail ... LOL.
Just to be clear I am not defending Mr Walton or his claims, but I do take exception to you attacking the very platform that enables you to speak to a wider audience than you would otherwise be able to, and get your views across. The way I see it Chris and the Paracast are one and the same.
The Ancient Aliens crack was made in jest just to call Chris' attention to it so as to evoke a comment, which is what happened, and that is good because it's exactly what I was hoping for. Notice how I phrased it using italics? It emphasizes the way the Ancient Aliens type shows typically imply that aliens are responsible for everything by posing the theory as a question: "Could ancient aliens ... bla bla bla". Sure, it's possible that a reader may see my intent as nefarious and a slight on Chris, but that wasn't my intent, and I can't always be overly concerned with what people are going to read into my comments.

As for the issue of Walton, I'm not a believer, and personally, the whole hype for it makes me glad I'm not on the UFO lecture circuit, or have a book to sell ( at least not yet ), or any publishing company to promote, or anything else like that, because that way I'm not torn between my gut reaction to boycott the event and any desire to promote my own agenda. Given the information I've run across that questions Walton's claims, the whole theme of the event makes it look like it's hosted under the umbrella of what may very well be one of the greatest UFO shams in history. This isn't that I make any personal claim to know the truth about Walton's claims, only that from a ufology perspective, it's far from being unanimously accepted as genuine by tall hose who have studied the case.

I believe that you have the greatest respect for logic so I hope that you will understand the following as I intend it: The further you advance the further you have to go back, please stop and assess the situation: You are not holding a very good hand, in terms of fire power you are outgunned and out numbered, in terms of Allies you are also at a disadvantage, the battleground is not of your choosing, your no prisoners approach will ultimately be adopted by your opponents and the more bridges you burn the more rivers you will have to cross.
I appreciate your concern. But as I said before, If someone resorts to banning or unjustified personality attacks, then they have already revealed their incompetence and their own lack of character. There are plenty of other places I can continue to post if I really want to, including the USI flagship site, where nobody can bother me because I hold the keys there. So I'm not really at that big a disadvantage ;) . Last time I did a Google search using the keyword "ufology", the USI site was still coming up on the first page of the results.
My opinion and that's all it is: is that you should consider conceding the battle and focus on the war. In other words don't cut off your nose to spite your face. What is the point of being a martyr? especially on a platform that depends on your ability to communicate. Essentially what I am asking is: for you to realise that your message will be lost unless you work with people rather than against them. I genuinely hope that I have not offended you and that understand that I have everybody's best interests at heart.
Your sincerely Harry.
I believe you are being honest as well as concerned, and that really does mean a lot. Generally how these things go is that I'll get a lot of flak, I'll weather the storm, and then things will settle down, people will start to see where I'm really coming from, and I'll start getting "likes" again. But what I'm most grateful for are the few people like you who are willing to ride these ups and downs with me. Harry you're a credit to the cause my friend and I will certainly take your advice to heart ( whether it does any good or not ... LOL ). No really, I mean it. Thank you :) .

Last edited:
I'd love to know WHY you don't believe in Travis Walton's story?
You think every one on his crew managed to concoct the tale and then managed to pass polygraph tests with flying colours?

I'd love to know WHY you don't believe in Travis Walton's story?
You think every one on his crew managed to concoct the tale and then managed to pass polygraph tests with flying colours?
This detail has had me curious- That the entire crew has kept to their original story all these years. The only explanation (of the saucer) would be that Walton hoaxed the lot of em. I don't see how that could have been accomplished under the circumstances.

I'd love to know WHY you don't believe in Travis Walton's story? You think every one on his crew managed to concoct the tale and then managed to pass polygraph tests with flying colours?

This detail has had me curious- That the entire crew has kept to their original story all these years. The only explanation (of the saucer) would be that Walton hoaxed the lot of em. I don't see how that could have been accomplished under the circumstances.

It's probably better if you just read the short article I have on the USI website: http://ufopages.com/Content/Reference/Walton-01a.htm

Travis Walton contacted me about giving a presentation at his 1st Annual Skyfire Summit Conference in November. I am planning on inviting Travis (yet again) to be a guest on the Paracast to talk about this new event. The lineup looks good and if anyone is interested in attending, it's only a hop, skip and a jump from where I live in Central AZ... Come attend, stop by and say hello! — Chris

I few seasons ago, I organized the first ever Travis Walton Event in the "White Mountains" of Arizona, (about 30 miles from where the SkyFire Summit is taking place this November. We had a sold out crowd and many requests for another one. Fortunately Travis got some great backers this time to produce a much bigger and more comprehensive multi-speaker event, and I'm rooting for it to be a Raving Success! A few days ago I created an 8 min. info video for Travis' SkyFire Conference, and you are welcome to watch it and even post it on your site, if you like. So here's the link:

Back