• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Thoughts on conscience, entities, ufos plus AYAHUASCA

Ufocurious,
I am now curious. If you don't mind me asking, in what way was your father in law a pioneer of lsd study? I considered myself something of a student of experiencing the effects of music after ingesting- back in the late 80's and early 90's.
I would love to hear of your research.
The Ayahuasca rituals in Brazil use music to guide the experience. There are special hymns, but also native, oriental, and umbanda music is heavily used. One of the qualities of a good Padrinho is to select music that will make the experience worthwhile. Usually, each ritual has a theme.Padrinho M. likes to have this one around 40 minutes, the time the Aya hits. Around 2:50 is the highlight.

Lyrics - I am not put the whole thing because it is too long but you can find it here: Hinário CNSC--Gideon Lakota

01 SIMPLE AS THAT

In this temple the sun comes shining
doing everything to integrate
Mixes with acts and deeds
that testify to the love of place
Grandfather Sun , Mother Earth Sister Moon
Here you will experience

Chorus
Simple as that , you are who will decide
Just feel I'm already inside you

It is the reason and intuition ,
together walking
Breaking taboos and dogmas
For you solidify
In the spiritual truths
That will make you shine

Santo daime and Barquinha is all about the songs they use and dance while on the force.
Santo Daime is not my kind of ritual but I am curious to go at least once:

This is a long video about Barquinha but with bit of UDV and Catimbo Jurema
This video you see at 5:39 - Barquinha
At 6:39 UDV - Uniao do vegetal
At 9:39 Catimbó Jurema
All delightful research material for an anthropologist. ;)

Thanks for the response regarding your father in law. I never considered myself a "researcher" in those days of my youth- but for "us" ingesting before a concert was a way to connect and experience the music in a way that is not easily explainable in words. Of the 60 concerts I had attended, there was one that has stayed with me these past 22 years since. During the show I watched as a cloud formed that had a bit of a shine to it, and I felt as though this apparition was scanning the crowd of 20,000 individuals. When it focused on me, I got the impression it was annoyed for some reason- I also got the impression "it" wanted to answer questions I had. I was in great fear and ready to run out of the theatre, but was able to at least ask "it" if there was life after death. This communication was done through thought, and the response in my head was a simple yes to my question.
There are days I shrug the whole thing off as one big hallucination. There are some days I believe it was more than that. Either way, that was one crazy 3 hour experience.

Graham Hancock - The War on Consciousness @ TEDxWhitechapel

GRAHAM HANCOCK – THE WAR ON CONSCIOUSNESS
"Hancock’s TED Talk, “The War on Consciousness”, was deliberately removed from YouTube: “Graham Hancock’s talk, again, shares a compelling and unorthodox worldview, but one that strays well beyond the realm of reasonable science. While attempting to critique the scientific worldview, he misrepresents what scientists actually think…”

"Chris Anderson, [TED]. After some debate, this presentation was not fully re-posted to TED’s site, but rather subjugated to a new, unseen basement corner on TED’s site, limiting its future visibility. Graham Hancock is the author of major international bestsellers, his books have sold more than five million copies worldwide and have been translated into 27 languages. His works present the nature of consciousness, Ayahuasca, and altered states of consciousness and offer an essential examination of our culture."

May I add here that I agree with ufology rather that Chris. As I've said already, I've taken huge quantities of psychedelic drugs. .. But I think I should point out that, if you take any psychedelic drugs at all, your chance of gaining massive insights into what is really going on, and being granted amazing yet rather vague psychic powers, is massively smaller than the risk of permanently damaging your sanity. Just saying.
What an excellent post. And what a pity it received so little considerating.

Here is another ridicule attempt on UFO Abduction encounter of a British Police Officer and agree hypnotic process can lead the witness and might mix reality with fog. So a veteran MET police officer can't tell the difference of object being moved on top of a lorry trailer and object flying on its own propulsion. Has Britain's most baffling alien abduction UFO case involving police man been solved? The fact there was a big and ongoing sighting during the 1970s and 80s which made the authorities clampdown.

Back