• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ray Stanford — May 18, 2014 Episode

It also reminds me of something Whitley Strieber has written about his impressions re. the Visitors: that when they for example look at a tree, they are not just 'seeing' the tree; they are observing EVERY single aspect in the existence of that tree, from when it was just a tiny seed to when it dies & falls to the ground, SIMULTANEOUSLY. Like watching ALL the frames in a movie film at the same time.

LoBuono makes a similar statement in his book too

Alien Mind

When you talk about UFO's being here to make us think, cleave our minds and get us to see through new lenses, why does it always centre around a moral vision of the alien occupants? (Seeing the tree as seed and sapling; mammal as sperm and egg union etc.) Is it a true respect for all life that might set apart a higher level civilization from the infant species called humanity. (what is it again: "corporate fascisistic patriarchal racist backwater" or close to that. it's all true.) Or is it that all the aliens, who can bend time and space freely, can mentally feed any desire or lack with ease? Perhaps that's what makes them mostly indifferent and non-violent in their response towards us.

And if there really are civilizations a plenty out there I wonder how many are also fumbling about in the dark like us freaking out over strange lights in the sky?

Not sure morals have anything to do with it, LoBuono talks about them having a topographical view on reality.
This idea that if they look at a particular moment in what we percieve as linear time, they can see all the associated points related to that event.

His free E book does a better job of explaining it

But i can imagine for example any species that can step outside of linear time, into the dimension above where what we see as co-ordinate "points" on a line, they then see the entire line.

Compare a man on a raft being washed down a long river, he sees features on the banks as they go past and are then gone replaced by new features as he moves.

But a man in a helicopter above, sees the whole event , sees all the river as a line not a set of sequential points

Last edited by a moderator:
The intrusions at ICBM bases may be some of the strongest and best documented evidence available. Hastings work is great. There is also a treasure trove of printed interview material on the Project Sign Oral History website:
Interview Index | Sign Oral History Project

That interview is well worth reading. {edit to add: meant this one: Robert Hastings • Articles -- Three Former U.S. Air Force ICBM Launch Officers Speak Out About UFOs }
I was halfway through it the other night when a tropical storm took down the internet and all other communications, including the telephone. Will return to finish it.

I'm wondering if we know even the half of what has taken place at such sites. A quote from the McCaslin interview concerning one of the intrusions at Minot ( A classic Blue Book case, BTW):
'Ah, yeah. But I did hear the pilot say something like “the missile guys are seeing things again.” Because it was kind of a standard thing that the missile guys reported stuff apparently on a fairly routine basis that looked strange.'

A "standard thing" ? Amazing ! I'm really looking forward to the Hastings documentary.

So am I. I wonder if Chris and Gene could get Hastings on for an interview at the Paracast.

-----------
ADD: I had to take another look at the Oral Sign website. If you have the time, this is one helluva' discussion between officers involved in the Minot incident:

http://sohp.us/sites/default/files/documents/Goduto-Thomas-2001.pdf[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
If humanity could see trees as seeds, break out of their linear thought and recognize their connectivity to all that lives at all points in time we would be much more gentle and collaborative with nature (& each other).

I don't know, maybe it's my own wishful thinking about what rational is.

When you talk about UFO's being here to make us think, cleave our minds and get us to see through new lenses, why does it always centre around a moral vision of the alien occupants? (Seeing the tree as seed and sapling; mammal as sperm and egg union etc.) Is it a true respect for all life that might set apart a higher level civilization from the infant species called humanity. (what is it again: "corporate fascisistic patriarchal racist backwater" or close to that. it's all true.) Or is it that all the aliens, who can bend time and space freely, can mentally feed any desire or lack with ease? Perhaps that's what makes them mostly indifferent and non-violent in their response towards us.

And if there really are civilizations a plenty out there I wonder how many are also fumbling about in the dark like us freaking out over strange lights in the sky?
Say what you want about Strieber, but I love his idea that they are interested in new ways of thinking.

Consider a species that has developed beyond material need, and can travel and bend the universe to it's wishes. It may have also answered all the questions that it's mind is capable of asking.

What would it want next?

To understand new ways of thinking, perhaps. Think of V'Ger... needing to transcend itself to ask new questions. Our newness and naiveté may be exactly what they're interested in.

Say what you want about Strieber, but I love his idea that they are interested in new ways of thinking.

Consider a species that has developed beyond material need, and can travel and bend the universe to it's wishes. It may have also answered all the questions that it's mind is capable of asking.

What would it want next?

To understand new ways of thinking, perhaps. Think of V'Ger... needing to transcend itself to ask new questions. Our newness and naiveté may be exactly what they're interested in.

I remember something Whitley wrote, that one day he tried to formulate a question in his mind for the Visitors; he wanted to know the way they looked at the Universe.

An image appeared on his head. The image was that of a closed coffin.

That was a very interesting idea, to think how an intelligence that may be incredibly ancient, that has learned all there is to know about the Universe, and may have even solved the problem of Death itself, would see reality as a prison from which there is no escape --so yeah, your mentioning of V'Ger is right on the money in my book :)

It made me think: Perhaps what they seek in us is Novelty: The chance to re-experience the thrill of discovery in a younger species. The same way a parent gets to experience the wonder of Xmas & Halloween by proxy through his children, the joy of seeing your son or daughter take its first steps, or to see the look in their eyes the 1st time you let them watch Star Wars.

ecf9_vader_and_son_reading.jpg

Of course, you could also see it from another perspective, like when you see some old fart dating a beautiful girl 20 or 30 years younger than him, and you know he's using her in order to feel young again, as some sort of creepy vampire.

hugh-hefner-dirty-old-man.jpg

Patient parents or creepy vampires? I admit the jury is still out with regards to the Visitors & their intentions.

Vger.jpg

It always comes back to V'Ger's way of thinking in the end doesn't it? As for Whitely's confabulations. I think that once he embraced the 'contactee spread the love' position in his journey was the moment he lost me. I would have preferred him stay confused and rambly about the whole experience and then go back to horror writing instead of appearing to be touched by the mind of V'Ger. But maybe he just couldn't do that?

Last edited:
I have to admit I am of two minds about Ray Stanford. I have heard him speak about his paleontology work, and he is clearly the real deal. Everything he's done there has been reviewed by the professionals in the field and they are very impressed that he has found so much with nothing but some geological maps and his own eyes. The fossils he found on the Goddard campus many, many people had walked right past for decades. There is something special about his perceptual faculties and the way his brain processes information that I find very interesting.

The UFO stuff though, if it were half as well documented as his trace fossil work, we'd be in a different place. I just don't know what is going on there, but I am willing to help tell the story. I work just down the road from Berwyn Heights and live in Silver Spring. I can digitize tapes and such like. Will attempt once again to contact him.

I have to admit I am of two minds about Ray Stanford. I have heard him speak about his paleontology work, and he is clearly the real deal. Everything he's done there has been reviewed by the professionals in the field and they are very impressed that he has found so much with nothing but some geological maps and his own eyes. The fossils he found on the Goddard campus many, many people had walked right past for decades. There is something special about his perceptual faculties and the way his brain processes information that I find very interesting.

The UFO stuff though, if it were half as well documented as his trace fossil work, we'd be in a different place. I just don't know what is going on there, but I am willing to help tell the story. I work just down the road from Berwyn Heights and live in Silver Spring. I can digitize tapes and such like. Will attempt once again to contact him.

Best of luck Paul but I believe any such effort to be in vain. I think I understand Ray's mindset on this and basically there is nothing with which we can entice him to share some goodies.

One thing strongly in his favour is that he isn't courting publicity and trying to make money off his work/evidence, so we cannot put him in the same basket as others who claim all and deliver nothing. I just hope he does something before ill health prevents it.

Loved the bit about Giant fruit bats in NZ

He got the wrong nation I think as yes we do have bats here and they are very endangered and about the size of a mouse :p

Australia has larger bats than us I think.

p9763doc.jpg

Overall loved the show it was fun and great to hear him on the show.

Had a six month or so break from listening to the show and just grabbed this episode. He is always a great guest and this time was no exception. He is passionate and interesting with great stories. Can we have him on every week please?

Any recommendations of any other great shows from 2014?

Mr Stanford, if you read this, please release your material before I explode in anticipation :cool:

Back