• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Important Forum Style Changes!

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
With the help of a forum add-on/style designer, I've made a few major changes in the look and feel of our forums, though most of you will only see minor differences.

As a part of those changes, I've removed the extra themes. I realize some of you won't be happy with that decision, but it makes sense in lots of ways. For one thing, when the forum software from XenForo changes — and a biggie is coming up shortly — the templates and other style attributes of the extra styles sometimes become incompatible. It makes for random glitches in getting around the forums. Worse, the people who develop those themes don't always keep them up to date either, because they are just volunteers who are experimenting with new designs.

To keep things consistent, and avoid lots of work that I just don't have the time, and probably the knowledge to do, I opted to keep it simple.

The standard forum design is slightly different, with text sizes and other properties changed. It will make for a somewhat cleaner appearance overall, and we'll work on other changes going forward.

Your choice.

124733i2B063C70240C6082

To be honest and I have said this before I like different platforms for different reasons.

One more thing: The updated forum design is now responsive. That means it will work acceptably on a smartphone without the Tapatalk app.

With the help of a forum add-on/style designer, I've made a few major changes in the look and feel of our forums, though most of you will only see minor differences.

As a part of those changes, I've removed the extra themes. I realize some of you won't be happy with that decision, but it makes sense in lots of ways. For one thing, when the forum software from XenForo changes — and a biggie is coming up shortly — the templates and other style attributes of the extra styles sometimes become incompatible. It makes for random glitches in getting around the forums. Worse, the people who develop those themes don't always keep them up to date either, because they are just volunteers who are experimenting with new designs.

To keep things consistent, and avoid lots of work that I just don't have the time, and probably the knowledge to do, I opted to keep it simple.

The standard forum design is slightly different, with text sizes and other properties changed. It will make for a somewhat cleaner appearance overall, and we'll work on other changes going forward.

maybe have a random ufo icon scroll through the screen every few often....

Font's are abit small to be honest, everything has shrunk.

Cannot read it without glass's.

[ that was abit of debunker-esque mis-direction, as i couldnt read it before without glass's either ]

Last edited:
Hey gene - in a month I will eventually join the right side!
I am getting a brand new 27" Imac with 3.7 GHz processor and plenty RAM etc. Basically getting best of whats available. There are many options to choose from when ordering new Mac and I am far from getting the whole package possible but I figured for the price id be as well to get something really good as I intend it to be an investment to last years - no more cycle of laptops getting crap and getting a new one every few years.

The biggest selling point for me was that I needed something that can handle the best music studio software available which I already own but cannot use on my crappy slow laptop! I've been recording a lot of guitar jams with my mate but we wanna go the next step and produce proper finished tunes etc.

I use a somewhat older iMac. Once I have some actual cash here, an upgrade would be put on the wish list.

Yes, you got an ideal computer for what you want to do.

fwiw posting is much vastly improved when using a phone Web browser but unlike previously none of your stats show up underneath your avi.

Back