• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

recent post didn't make it to latest threads timeline ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wade

FeralNormal master
Posted something yesterday evening in the STH forum and it never made it's way on to the latest threads timeline?

Ah, if only these tools were perfect. We do what we can with what we have, and sometimes things don't always work. There's a new version of our forum software coming in a few days — maybe it'll be better.

No biggie Morpheus, I just detected a glitch in the matrix and thought I would bring it to your attention.

Likewise... I posted feedback for the Rojas episode in Paracast+ but I didn't see the entry.

Likewise... I posted feedback for the Rojas episode in Paracast+ but I didn't see the entry.

Your post was probably deleted without explanation.

This week my posts and threads have been being deleted. They simply vanish, without even a one-line private message saying "I deleted your thread because I didn't like it."

Last edited:
You post was probably deleted without explanation.

This week my posts and threads have been being deleted. They simply vanish, without even a one-line private message saying "I deleted your thread because I didn't like it."
Very serious questions for Gene:

1) Gene, I noticed you upgraded your Forum Software this last week between February 15-20, 2015 due to an "updating notice" being posted. Can you tell us what the upgrade was for? Any security issues or fixes?

2) Are you Gene and Chris the only Forum Moderators here?

3) Are there other people authorized to go "under the hood" able to delete posts or do Forum software maintenance too?

4) Do you Gene use the same hosting service for this Forum Software that you also advertise on your show??? Who is the hosting service?

Thanks for being open with us about your forum... :)

Last edited:
Serious answers:
  1. It was just a routine maintenance update from XenForo. If you go to XenForo - Compelling Community Forum Software you can check the various releases and the list of changes. We're currently using version 1.4.5 of the XenForo forum script, and version 1.1.6 of Resource Manager, which handles our Paracast+ content.
  2. We're not the only ones. We have several others who handle the day-to-day operations, and you'll see their names on the forum under Staff Online Now, including Don Ecker (Decker), Goggs Mackay, Jeff Crowell, Ron Collins and Sean Elifritz. Since they are volunteers, all, the amount of time they spend online may vary from day to day or week to week. Sometimes they take time off to have real lives.
  3. Yes. But I do most of the backend stuff, with help, as needed, from a web developer.
  4. We carry ads for two hosting partners where we have powerful blade servers: iWeb and Namecheap. Both offer exemplary service and support and are highly recommended. We are also testing a Mac mini server at MacStadium for backup.
Is that open enough for you?

Your post was probably deleted without explanation.

We don't just delete posts without cause. And there is no reason why a post would be deleted by a moderator without telling the poster. If I got this from other members, I would look to see if there was a problem with the forum script, but no complaints. Nobody is being targeted. But if the first post in a thread is deleted for any reason, the entire thread goes with it regardless of who posted the message.

Long and short of it is that, in the past month, I only recall deleting a single thread and maybe one or two posts for different reasons explained to the posters. You can edit and delete your own posts for approximately one day, after which you have to ask a forum moderator to do it for you. We reduced the time from unlimited because of abuse from one or two members, who shall not be named.

Serious answers:
  1. It was just a routine maintenance update from XenForo. If you go to XenForo - Compelling Community Forum Software you can check the various releases and the list of changes. We're currently using version 1.4.5 of the XenForo forum script, and version 1.1.6 of Resource Manager, which handles our Paracast+ content.
  2. We're not the only ones. We have several others who handle the day-to-day operations, and you'll see their names on the forum under Staff Online Now, including Don Ecker (Decker), Goggs Mackay, Jeff Crowell, Ron Collins and Sean Elifritz. Since they are volunteers, all, the amount of time they spend online may vary from day to day or week to week. Sometimes they take time off to have real lives.
  3. Yes. But I do most of the backend stuff, with help, as needed, from a web developer.
  4. We carry ads for two hosting partners where we have powerful blade servers: iWeb and Namecheap. Both offer exemplary service and support and are highly recommended. We are also testing a Mac mini server at MacStadium for backup.
Is that open enough for you?
Yes, and thanks!

One last "important question" about this forum software... I will ask you about in a PM for privacy reasons. Thanks.

When the moderators have occasion to delete a member's post, there is a function for informing the member why the post was deleted. I can assure everyone that speaking for myself, I would/have always give a member a reason why - even if that reason is plainly obvious. To my knowledge, the other moderators operate on the same principal.
No-one is deliberately deleting posts for no reason and if you find is has happened, contact a mod and state your case. It's all perfectly in the open.

You have dissapeared several of mine latelely Goggs, without as much as s a kiss my azz from you. [several= about 6/7], last one was only 2 days ago.

Tyger whines 'off topic' and you delete, sometimes days later, posts just dissapear, posts that take half an hour to put together just dissapear, now you see it, now you dont .

And charlies thread yesterday, just dissapeared several posts in.

Funny that the threads and posts that vanish are to, or about our global warming warrior.

I would be checking if angelo still has the ability to delete, then i would put 2 + 2 together

Last edited:
Actually guys , something like this happened to me last week where I posted something and it was gone within seconds. I never once considered it moderator deleted because there was no reason to do so and I reposted it and it still exists. It was there, after posting I checked out a few threads and after I went to main page I saw no indication that there was a newest post for that subforum and when I went back it was gone. I don't even think there was any moderators on at all in that time.

But I don't think it had anything to do with something not "taking" because it was clearly there...at least initially...so I'm quite certain that it wasn't browser related, and I definitely didn't accidentally delete it myself.

Last edited:
Actually guys , something like this happened to me last week where I posted something and it was gone within seconds. I never once considered it moderator deleted because there was no reason to do so and I reposted it and it still exists. It was there, after posting I checked out a few threads and after I went to main page I saw no indication that there was a newest post for that subforum and when I went back it was gone. I don't even think there was any moderators on at all in that time.

But I don't think it had anything to do with something not "taking" because it was clearly there...at least initially...so I'm quite certain that it wasn't browser related, and I definitely didn't accidentally delete it myself.
Maybe it's time to change the passwords for the Forum software to make certain no unauthorized people could "hack-in", or, if possible, just check the log files [if such a thing exists] and see who is accessing these software functions? Maybe some security feature is turned off or not set high enough?

Btw, I'm just suggesting a "safety check", as I have no idea how the Forum software works, etc. I have no idea if these are just some "glitches" caused by Forum upgrade bugs. But, consider this...

Since the Roswell Slide threads have become so controversial, 'here' and elsewhere, there is a possibility some attempted hacking could definitely be related to targeting the Forum too. Why? Research what happened to Nick Redfern and those two other UFO Roswell "experts" that made all kinds of claims and counter-claims about being hacked. It's "insane".

Is it too far fetched to believe that this Forum would be targeted too? Considering Gene's and Chris's [and Open Minds] very skeptical and outspoken viewpoints about the slides and these subjects were spoken about it at length on Paracast show(s) too, then it's possible some targeting of the Forum might be happening too.

Everyone should use a strong password. And change it every so often. Go to your member control panel to change it.

But nobody has ever complained to us about hacked passwords.

Which thread? Which posts?

This was charlies thread that was deleted, i made the 4th reply to it.

https://www.theparacast.com/forum/threads/why-is-tyger-allowed-to-spam-this-forum.15940/

And my 6 or 7 reply's were to his/her thread here New World: Climate Change | Page 14 | The Paracast Community Forums

Do you want me to find the missing post numbers in my browser history Gene ?, same as i found charlies.

Check Angelo's account doesnt have still have mod privileges, because i have suspected the tyger account is angelo taking the piss for awhile now, so did pixel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back