• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

How the U.S. Created and Funds ISIS

Interesting. But what part of the "Paranormal Universe" does this fall under? Looks more like "paramilitary" than "paranormal". If that's not factually correct, please let me know. Do we really want to discuss the politics of war some more? We know it's never that simple. We know it's never that cut & dried. We know there are evil, corrupt people in the world who abuse power for their own personal gain. We don't need a whole network of people to tell us that. What's the "critical mass" going to do? Yell louder? Use larger fonts? Take up more bandwidth?

Last edited:
Interesting. But what part of the "Paranormal Universe" does this fall under?

This falls under Conspiracy Theory, the title of this forum.

For "what to do about it", I recommend people stop supporting Evil.

If people stop supporting it, there will be less of it in the world. You don't care, but in my opinion, less evil is a good thing.

This falls under Conspiracy Theory, the title of this forum.
Yes but "Conspiracy Theories" is a sub-heading under "Discuss this Paranormal Universe", which implies that the "conspiracy theory" involves some paranormal topic, e.g. Government cover-up of psychic spies.
For "what to do about it", I recommend people stop supporting Evil.
Sure, down with evil. I'm all for that. But isn't that just a little too simplistic? Evil is a rather subjective concept. Plus the people in the video portrayed as evil now were once allies in a war in the past against people who were portrayed as even more evil then. It's not like the USA ( the whole country, as your title suggests ) decided back then to create ISIS today. The sands in the Middle East are always shifting and if some faction in the US government decides for better or worse that they should back the "lesser of two evils" as part of some power play over there, then it's mainly the doing of a relatively few people, and not the USA in general. I suggest that a lot of people in the USA don't like the idea of war over there or anywhere else.
If people stop supporting it, there will be less of it in the world. You don't care, but in my opinion, less evil is a good thing.
Sure. Very well intentioned. Personally I wish that we could take all the evil and magically transport it to some remote planet out near the edge of some galaxy, and then I realize, that such a planet already exists, and it's called Earth, and we just happened to get stuck here on it along with the wackos, and what really bothers me is when those wackos from where all their problems are, come over here to the relatively sane and conflict free part of the world, and drag their stupid wars along with them.

I don't want to see more rallies and more chanting and more people trying to bring their war on the other side of the planet over here. If you ( figuratively ) come here, then leave your bloody war over there and start a new life here. If you don't like what's going on over there and want to change it, then become a mercenary, don your camo, ammo, and balaclava, and go back there and take it on yourself. Leave the rest of us out of it. YouTube documentaries ( or should I call it war propaganda ) aren't going to stop people with armored vehicles who like to execute people in public

Last edited:
... What's the "critical mass" going to do? Yell louder? Use larger fonts? Take up more bandwidth?
Naw, we'll do like we always do: roll over, sink our pinheads deep into the sand and w/ our pink little tushies wiggling in the air, we'll wait for that inevitable fascist jack boat to come along and give us a swift kick in our collective ass.
Next question?

I dont get charlie's 'collective' message, or rather i do get it, 'Amerika is evil', going by all his threads as a 'collective', i think he think's he is opening eye's, without realising we already know the depths of treachery both administrations and agencie's will go to, to achieve their agendi, and have done for decades, and will carry on doing for decades to come, and millions more people will die around the world because of it, thems with the bigest army and most guns make the rules.

Last edited:
Naw, we'll do like we always do: roll over, sink our pinheads deep into the sand and w/ our pink little tushies wiggling in the air, we'll wait for that inevitable fascist jack boat to come along and give us a swift kick in our collective ass.
Next question?

The point I'm making, and the reason I liked your post is that all these activities that we think add up to something are the metaphorical sand into which we're sticking our heads. To those with the real power, real armament, and real territory, online protests and demonstrations carry absolutely nothing in terms of weight or consequence. Our little Internet protests and discussions have less effect than a single grain of real gunpowder, and the myth that voting is going to make any substantial change in the massive global power structure that the "evil" has entwined itself in is pure fantasy.

Even if we get thrown the odd sacrificial lamb, it's barely just a drop in the bucket, and with 20 or 30 years between each drop, any fluid in that bucket will have dried up and evaporated long before the bucket gets removed from the spout and used as evidence before the justice system, which is a whole other problem in and of itself. So we make videos and complain online, and the digital sand we're sticking our heads in just gets deeper and deeper and deeper. The only ones making a real difference are the ones who actively resist, but personally, it's not my war and I have no desire to become either a martyr or a politician's tool.

Guerilla Betrayed
Bruce Cockburn

Ships moving into this cave of cloud
Out of the white light up river
At a certain point you can only die

High contrast resolution
Of wet rock and new snow
These bodies remind me
Of tire marks frozen in the mud

We thought we could change something
We helped them win
We changed the slogans
We get hunted again
When you're the fighter
You're the politicians tool
When you're the fighter
You're everybody's fool

They move like bears through city streets
They've got a flag flying over every factory
I'd like to put a bullet through the world

Wagon full of logs with one flat tire
Armed men moving down through the bush
Up river at a certain point you can... Ships... white light... only

Last edited:
Next question?

Nice post Chris.

This thread should really be in General Freewheeling Chit-Chat but I see no reason not to chat about it either way.
Going to have to face the fact some time that thanks to the dirty dealings/politics etc that have created groups like ISIS by the West (specifically America) the West is coming up on the wrong side of history people. Think long and hard on it because the truth is we have become the Fascist boot like it or not.

No No, it's not 'the west' that has 200 odd military bases around the world looking after its strategic interest's, it isnt 'the west' spending billions of dollars arming rebels and destabilising oil and gas rich regions..

There is no way I'm buying into anything that simplistic. If obtaining oil and gas were the aim, then a stable peaceful region would make it that much easier to manage. It couldn't possibly be that some people over there are the ones fighting for control of it, or could it? I've also heard more than one report that said funding and weaponry is also coming from places other than "the West", like Arabia, China, and Russia. Oh but wait! I heard that on the "Western News" so it must be false. There are also large weapons manufacturers elsewhere in the world besides "the West". But that info came from a "western source" too, so that must be some kind of propaganda too I suppose.

Blaming all the worlds conflicts on "the West" when "the West" itself ranks as some of the most peaceful places to be on Earth is absurd. If those in "the East" don't want war with each other, then they don't have to fight each other. No wait! "The West" is secretly forcing them all to fight each other using some sort of mind control right? That's what HAARP was for right? I forgot. If it weren't for that, they'd all be happy and just tell the arms dealers to go away. Right? Why don't they? Why don't all these poor helpless victims just lay down all their weapons and live normal lives? Oh let me guess, it's all "the West's" fault. No matter what ... do I have that straight now?

Last edited:
Paranormal Universe", which implies that the "conspiracy theory" involves some paranormal topic,

Oh. Okay. Now I understand you.

In this case, you should file a formal complaint with the owners of this establishment requesting that they censor my post above for failure to abide forum topic headings.

A formal letter of complaint to corporate headquarters in Scottsdale, Arizona will help assuage your anger.

Interesting how this latest outbreak of ebola cropped up in west African nations that now appear to have newly-discovered vast oil and gas reserves right off their coastlines. I know, it's just a coincidence—so is the strange way the virus is rapidly mutating and appears to spread in a previously unseen airborne fashion. Yeah, I know, it's just a coincidence...

Gee, I don't know Chris. While I do agree with your assessment and sentiment about the find and the mad dash to stake a claim the powers that be have never been shy about going about it in more conventional ways.

I don't blame them for thinking that they are untouchable and why mess with a formula that has worked so well in the past and at the same time gotten the war profiteers fattened up as well ?

I don't see any reason to question the official reason behind the outbreak. That societal (spl?) conditions in West Africa are just as worse as they have ever been.

I could just see where this outbreak could be considered one big inconvenience by the players as it brings the whole region under scrutiny from the international community which is not in the favor of the people that would otherwise be working on undermining the region. I would think that any interested parties would instead chip away..bit by bit...at the political infrastructure to achieve their means.

But I am curious about the whole cause and effect dynamics at play here, what advantage is there for an oil company to foster instabity ?, what do they get out of it ? ....other than enriching arms and munitions dealers and manufacturers. I would think that oil companies would prefer a stable situation to extract their bread and butter, oh and oil as well, but then as we've seen pretty much everywhere else conflict and oil make for strange bedfellows. What's next, civil unrest...or an outbreak...in North Dakota ?

Last edited:
I would think that any interested parties would instead chip away..bit by bit...the political infrastructure to achieve their means. ...what advantage is there for an oil company to foster instabity ?, what do they get out of it ? ...I would think that oil companies would prefer a stable situation

John Perkins details the methodology corporations use to rape nations in his book Confessions of an Economic Hitman.

Stable, strong governments demand higher prices when they sell natural resources to corporations. They are more independent.

Weak, unstable governments accept lower prices, and are more dependant on the continued grace of a transnational corporation to stay in power.

This is why corporations prefer weak, unstable governments, and work to create them.

Couple of Examples:

Lybia. Gaddafi sold oil at world market prices and provided his citizens with free, world-class housing, education, healthcare, and public infrastructure. Wall Street's CIA took him out. Citizens now suffer horror, but Libyan oil flows out cheap.

Syria. Assad is the least onerous dictatorship in the region. Women have freedom. It's very secular. CIA proxy armies are working to overthrow him.

Russia. Was making good money selling natural gas to freezing Europeans. American-installed government in Ukraine is now working to cut their pipelines, so bank-owned Qatari dictatorship can sell gas to Europe.

It's an old, tried-and-true formula...
  1. Pay terrorists to create chaos so western soldiers are needed.

2. Install corporate-friendly brutal dictator.

3. $Profit$

Interesting how this latest outbreak of ebola cropped up in west African nations that now appear to have newly-discovered vast oil and gas reserves right off their coastlines. I know, it's just a coincidence—so is the strange way the virus is rapidly mutating and appears to spread in a previously unseen airborne fashion. Yeah, I know, it's just a coincidence...

Regional depopulation and bio warfare testing with some seriously good oil deposits thrown into the bargain?
When things don't make sense follow the money, old but such a very tried and try statement.

I am going to sound like a dooms man here but I think we have only just seen the start of what this Ebola outbreak will do. Not so much of a problem to the west for now due to hygiene standards etc but as Chris has pointed out it is mutating and what is more very fast. What I am worried about is it getting into the slums of India.. That would be catastrophic for all of us.

Last edited:
Oh. Okay. Now I understand you.

In this case, you should file a formal complaint with the owners of this establishment requesting that they censor my post above for failure to abide forum topic headings.

A formal letter of complaint to corporate headquarters in Scottsdale, Arizona will help assuage your anger.

Not at all. I appreciate your posts and I wouldn't dream of censoring your comments. My comment was an expression of my own frustration with the state of affairs "out there" where politics and power are the focus. In contrast the core subject matter of UFOs and the paranormal transcends that in a way that allows us to focus on something else, something we hope might have relevance beyond these Earthly atrocities that we have no control over. No doubt some would say that's burying one's head in the sand. Maybe that's true for some. Maybe not for others.

It's not like we don't know the world is rife with corruption that causes suffering. It's that I'm not interested in getting involved in it while it's far away in someone else's country. We've earned our peace here and have the right to have the space to pursue interests that don't have to do with sticking our nose in other people's wars and politics. There are plenty of political websites and talk forums out there, so when it gets brought in here, sometimes I just react in that way. It's not like I don't get the point you're trying to make, or that I think it shouldn't matter. It's that it's not relevant to why I come to this forum.

Last edited:

You're not implying that because someone wants to extract oil, their plan is to first start a deadly disease are you? Because that would make getting at the oil all that much more risky and expensive. It would be one of the stupidest things anyone exploring for oil reserves could possibly do if they wanted easy and inexpensive access to the reservoirs. If you were going to go all conspiracy theory on it, I would say it's more like covert bio-weapons testing, and because the West already has Ebola figured out, it's probably some other up-and-coming group.

Or maybe it's the drug companies who now have effective treatment and wanted to start a panic over it to get huge government contracts to produce the anti-Ebola medicine. Or maybe, just maybe, it comes from over there in the first place, where they still practice witch doctor medicine in some places, and have serious issues getting modernized and organized to minimize the risks associated with contracting and spreading the disease.

... Lybia. Gaddafi sold oil at world market prices and provided his citizens with free, world-class housing, education, healthcare, and public infrastructure. Wall Street's CIA took him out. Citizens now suffer horror, but Libyan oil flows out cheap ...
You're talking about Muammar Gaddafi right? The internationally condemned dictator and autocrat whose authoritarian administration violated the human rights of Libyan citizens, and supported tribal warfare and terrorism in many other nations ( Wikipedia ), right? But you're suggesting that the UN sanctions were all about the oil. Seriously? Then why did those sanctions cap the amount foreign companies can invest in Libya, the same companies that would be able to profit from oil production, and how would lower oil prices benefit those companies? The conspiracy theory falls apart pretty fast doesn't it? Not to mention you're implying that the citizens never suffered horror under Gaddafi right? I think you really mean well, but again, it's just not as simple as wrapping all up in nice neat oil conspiracy package.

Last edited:
Back