• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Pennsylvania UFO Caught On Camera

Interesting..pretty funny how abc news is reporting and taking it as a joke it seems, If the police are saying they even saw something odd or strange then it must been something.

That vid wont play.

another headline caught my eye.

Brain-Eating Amoeba Found in Louisiana Water Supply

I thought when i saw it, the poor amoeba will starve to death in louisiana.

Interesting video, thanks for the link. I think PA is one of those hot spots in the US for unexplained things in the sky. Actually my sister lives in Hummelstown,PA not far from that location. I wonder if she saw anything.

it looks like reflective striping on a hazmat or fire suit to me.

I read your comment before I watched the video and I have to say, once you think you're seeing a human being in a fire suit with reflective stripping - it sure as all hey looks exactly like that. ;)

But then how to explain the police confirming the sighting?

The thing that "sold" me on the fire suit idea was that if you look in the middle of the unexplained light you will see another light to the left of the image almost twirl around and around as if someone in fire gear was directing traffic with a glowstick or flashlight. I would have cried hoax had not the the police acknowledged also seeing something. I am at a loss to come up with a rational reason why there would be an image of this in the sky but it was the first thing to pop onto me head.

It's kind of ironic in that there was a recent posting where the subject was once again breeched about with all the people carrying cameras in their pockets why would there not a corresponding jump in video captures of UAPs and now we have an instance where someone did just that, we get something pretty inconclusive which is not a surprise given the limitations of cellphone camera optics in capturing far away objects and in low light.

Last edited:
It's also an extremely poor showing of the relevant video: there is a news banner across the bottom of the video that blocks out part of the lights - and we never see more than one second of the video at a time.

Three oddities -

- the police claiming to see the lights, yet no video from them.

- the lights seen on subsequent nights, but no additional video and no digital camera was gotten in preparation for that event.

- someone said it was a planet but then said it couldn't be because the color changed to yellow - wtf? That video is of a whole mess of lights. No one could mistake those lights for a single planet. Something not right there.

All-in-all, it doesn't add up. I'd say it's a pre-Halloween hoax.

BTW, it's when you see the lights at first that you clearly see the outline of a person, and their feet moving. I think you're onto what it is - but the police are the problem. Unless the person in the fire suit was standing on the roof. :D ;)

The thing that "sold" me on the fire suit idea was that if you look in the middle of the unexplained light you will see another light to the left of the image almost twirl around and around as if someone in fire gear was directing traffic with a glowstick or flashlight. I would have cried hoax had not the the police acknowledged also seeing something. I am at a loss to come up with a rational reason why there would be an image of this in the sky but it was the first thing to pop onto me head.

I saw that, too - and yeah, it's the police claims that make it impossible to call.

One possibility - though I don't know the science - a mirage kind of thing, an atmospheric reflection. One would have to know what the weather was and a whole lot of other stuff, like was there some sort of activity like that happening within a certain radius?

Here is a better report on the incident - that took place in late August 2014. What is interesting is that other people have been seeing 'the thing' on other nights, and one man said he thought it was a helicopter.

The video on this report is better - they linger over the video images. It looks like a string of lights - with 'puffs' of reddish smoke-like stuff rising off to the left. Would the man in the fire suit have had a flare in his hand that was giving off smoke? It sounds like it was something in the sky identified by one person as a helicopter.

It's kind of ironic in that there was a recent posting where the subject was once again breeched about with all the people carrying cameras in their pockets why would there not a corresponding jump in video captures of UAPs and now we have an instance where someone did just that, we get something pretty inconclusive which is not a surprise given the limitations of cellphone camera optics in capturing far away objects and in low light.

What's odd to me is that 'the thing' is showing up across a week yet no one else is videotaping it - not even the news station. Very frustrating, no follow-up news report.

Since I was in that section of YouTube, I came across this -

It did cross my mind that it could of been some kind of mirage but I don't think there had ever been any kind of report of any mirages that consisted of something as small as an individual, they are usually on a bigger scale. I suppose it's not that big of a leap to consider a projection of the image it looks like ?

sera3ehu.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting..pretty funny how abc news is reporting and taking it as a joke it seems, If the police are saying they even saw something odd or strange then it must been something.

That's why I play the video with the sound down so I don't need to listen to the morons on the "news".

It did cross my mind that it could of been some kind of mirage but I don't think there had ever been any kind of report of any mirages that consisted of something as small as an individual, they are usually on a bigger scale. I suppose it's not that big of a leap to consider a projection of the image it looks like ?

sera3ehu.jpg

Wow! Wade, that's amazingly similar. Maybe something was there, like a helicopter, or lights like the police saw, but the video - or portions of it - has been hoaxed. We'll never know because they will never allow (I'll bet) the video to be analyzed - and thus enters yet another 'incident' into the annals of photographed ufos. :rolleyes:

It's also an extremely poor showing of the relevant video: there is a news banner across the bottom of the video that blocks out part of the lights - and we never see more than one second of the video at a time.

Three oddities -

- the police claiming to see the lights, yet no video from them.

- the lights seen on subsequent nights, but no additional video and no digital camera was gotten in preparation for that event.

- someone said it was a planet but then said it couldn't be because the color changed to yellow - wtf? That video is of a whole mess of lights. No one could mistake those lights for a single planet. Something not right there.

All-in-all, it doesn't add up. I'd say it's a pre-Halloween hoax.

BTW, it's when you see the lights at first that you clearly see the outline of a person, and their feet moving. I think you're onto what it is - but the police are the problem. Unless the person in the fire suit was standing on the roof. :D ;)
I agree and was mostly annoyed by her, "Im scared to death now" comment. Could you be any more dramatic by describing a video with zero excitement and less-than frightful experience!

Back