• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

iceland supervolcano possable eruption..

The reason it probably isn't huge news is that it's not big enough to do anything major except in Iceland. Europe will get ash if it blows but beyond that, not much else.

Probably. ;)

I gotta find it, i watched somethin on TV or read something, that if a super volcanoe erupts the result would be some chaos around the world due to the ash and weather effects, cant remember if it was discovery or Natgeo( Ill have to reference this) They been watching and studying these "supervolcanoes"

Well... there are supervolcanoes, and then there are SUPER volcanoes. It's a rather loose term. It's no Yellowstone or anything, and the damage depends largely on how long the eruption lasts.

Yeah not a good scenario.

Well... there are supervolcanoes, and then there are SUPER volcanoes. It's a rather loose term. It's no Yellowstone or anything, and the damage depends largely on how long the eruption lasts.

Just out of interest watch the vid on Laki eruption 1783 .. Laki is smaller than this volcanic zone. But you are correct on it depending on eruption length.
Icelandic volcanoes should not be taken lightly ever because of the type they are and where they are positioned.

I could be wrong but I expect this eruption will be like many that happen under the ice in Antarctica... it will stay under the ice.

Last edited:
Back