• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Hubbardsville Case

PCarr

Paranormal Adept
I wish we didn't have the high strangeness stuff. I for one would be far more comfortable with strict nuts and bolts. Now here is a humanoid encounter that sounds like its right out of the 1950s, but is in fact from the early 90s. Two very believable witnesses, apparently unedited. It looks like the investigator is one John Fava, but I know nothing about him.

I wish we didn't have the high strangeness stuff. I for one would be far more comfortable with strict nuts and bolts. Now here is a humanoid encounter that sounds like its right out of the 1950s, but is in fact from the early 90s. Two very believable witnesses, apparently unedited. It looks like the investigator is one John Fava, but I know nothing about him.

This was kind of a trip. At first , on vid 1 I see the guy kinda smirking as he gets going and then I realize how uncomfortable he is explaining the story. He gets lost in each detail almost putting off the inevitable sighting. By vid 2 it starts seeming convincing. But...this is the first time I've heard of this case or these guys so I'll have to check out what's available on them.

Too bad the two guys didn't have a background in science :( Lost opportunity to measure initial radiation, take soil samples, etc...
Considering the described sterility of the occupied space, they were very lucky that they weren't irradiated or suffered any cell mutation leading to cancer. Still 25 years later, I'm sure you could measure some kind of rad variance with the surroundings and confirm that some weird 'Chernobyl' type growth was occurring.

As for the lack of features on the aliens... just look at our radiation suits. Waving with one of these on you risk breaking up the seams and getting irradiated :))
th

3M 4650 Nuclear Radiation Protective Clothing Radiation Protection Jumpsuits & Rompers | Buy Wholesale On Line Direct from China
3m-4650-nuclear-radiation-protective-clothing.jpg

The white suit with googles gives a better effect: $24 from 3M... awesome :)

Last edited:
As a word of caution, you cannot buy branded goods from china, they are always without exception fake.

This does not mean branded goods, manufactured to a high specification are not produced in china, but you will only be able to buy them from those brands worldwide distribution networks.

DO NOT fall for 'over-runs' 'slight seconds' 'cancelled orders' etc etc.

DHgate.com is one of the worst places you will find selling chinese tat, as branded.

And just a glance at that 3m gear i can see fake tat immediately, ive handled alot of 3m workwear bundles over the years.

Last edited:
The more I look at this case... the more it looks like some kind of industrial accident. Probably some chemical/nuclear research plant employees trying to cover up/ destroy evidence of a failed experiment using nightfall to clean up LOL

The containment unit (for all organic materials in a 30ft radius) probably dropped in by helicopter and retrieved before sunrise.

mobile_explosion_containment_vessel.jpg

Three yellow bands probably highlighted the nature of the mess: Nuclear ? (highly radioactive) and guys hiding behind the containment unit were probably muttering the F word behind their masks LOL

nuclear-warning-sign-18924695.jpg

There could be some merit to the notion of a contaminant spill of some sort - but why there in the middle of the swamp? The primay witnesses also are pretty convinced they saw a naked life form without genitalia, doing some cool dance moves on the edge of the creek. The report of the ground being completely free of vegetation aside from older trees, with no grass or stone, just dirt like coffee grounds is interesting. There's the possibility that all infected materials were removed and some fine compost or processed triple mix was left at the site to promote new growth. It's an odd case with no other investigation outside of favafilms and Dolan who tags along for the return trip documentary:

I'd have to go back and listen to the account but I didn't get the sense it was a particularly large area that was cleared out. usually there is a case of overkill when containment is an objective.

Too bad the two guys didn't have a background in science :( Lost opportunity to measure initial radiation, take soil samples, etc...
Considering the described sterility of the occupied space, they were very lucky that they weren't irradiated or suffered any cell mutation leading to cancer. Still 25 years later, I'm sure you could measure some kind of rad variance with the surroundings and confirm that some weird 'Chernobyl' type growth was occurring.

As for the lack of features on the aliens... just look at our radiation suits. Waving with one of these on you risk breaking up the seams and getting irradiated :))

Those suits don't really protect from radiation, but might help reduce the risk of getting anything contaminated on you. A real radiation suit is a bulky affair with an air tank, and uses positive pressure to protect you from breathing anything in. Besides, it's hard to see how a nuke weapon or fuel would get to that spot.

More likely we would be talking about some kind of toxic spill.

I am not aware of any clear evidence of radioactive residue associated with a UFO landing, although the landing evidence in general is pretty muddled.

It just seems weird, this case. There's a huge lack of any other investigators picking up on it or taking it in any further. If the story is taken on face value then there's this gap for me between why all the vegetation is gone with only fine particulate left behind and the humanoid communication at the river bank.

I find it a huge stretch that all this matter would be taken, or processed in the ship to take up to the stars, so the notion of a toxic spill recovery and land repair makes sense. But the whole arm waving of the humanoid and the appearance of it as 'naked without genitals' points to the high strange features of an alien encounter. Something's just not clicking here.

There's also the power of narrative at work. UFO/alien encounter takes seem to have a life of their own with no real internal logic to them. For most of the first testimonial I could not tell if this was a well rehearsed narrative by an actor vs. an actual retold, personal tale. The inclusion of the missing paddle is like a dangling red herring that points to...

.....that maybe Robert Schaffer was right when he speaks of ufo contactee as liars ?

On this case I would probably go down that route before considering a toxic clean up. If it was a clean up I would think that SOMEONE would have uncovered it up by now. remember also in their accounts they mentioned they saw no tracks going in or out.

At the same time there are reports of ufo witnesses who sat on their stories for awhile before coming out, possible to protect their careers. Then after retirement there isn't as much concern about their future aside from putting up with some ridicule. If in this case they had come across an clean up event and sat on it out of fear of persecution why come out with a ufo story so much later ? There would be no point unless you wanted to argue that their intent was for a ufo researcher to take up the yolk on this case and stumble across some grand cover up instead. Plus remember that crazy light that didn't really illuminate anything. If there was a spill then these two guys must have inhaled some of it and hallucinated the whole thing.

Last edited:
I think a healthy chunk of the contactees are fantastic confabulators, others are delusional due to physiological effects and possibly a very, very small percentage may have seen humanoids from elsewhere.

There is the possibility, as suggested, that a helicopter drop and retreival may satisfy the lack of tracks in and out for the toxic cleanup but who spills something in the middle of nowhere?

Thanks for bringing up the non-illuminating light - another "strange" detail. I suppose I personally have a very hard time believing that absolutely no one bought a camera to document the first return visit and the stripped vegetation.

My money is on UFO film fabrication - that would be the "liars" option. In order to believe the tellers of the tale you need to know more about them as the fact that the person documenting all of this is an indy filmmaker makes it all the more doubtful.

Think alien "boo" video…though this is not a short wacko one off Third Phase of Romanek video at all, nor is it a slick production looking to go viral. it appears to be what it is - two source documents with witnesses and then a more formalized return video with Dolan. The intention appears to be innocent, to simply document the experience. Still it just does not seem to add up. What do you think - is it legit or is it a construction? How about you, @PCarr , what's your thoughts?

Last edited:
Just as an addition by way of the Long Island UFO crash where all local officials denied ever being there (sounds like their jobs were threatened) I found this very curious similarity to this case in terms of what the ground looked like after everyone cleaned up and went home:

"He finally ventured down the road and peered into the park. He told us the park seemed dusted of even dirt after that happened. It was like they came in and took every twig and log and leaf that was lying around in the woods. It was as if the whole place had been swept and a false fake wooded area was left behind."

From:How Quickly We Forget - The UFO Crash South Haven Park New York 1992

The way this one went down, with a large retrieval that was hushed up, it insulates that there is an intentionality to hide certain objects that crash to the ground, whatever they may be, and no one is allowed to talk about it afterwards.

Back