• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

A Challenge to You All ...

BenFromCanada

Paranormal Novice
Hello to you all.

My name is Ben and I am a family doctor from a small town called Hatley in Canada.
I am 52 years old, married with 2 children.

I have been listening to the paracast shows for 2 years now.
You guys (Gene and Chris) have the best paranormal show around.

I have downloaded every episode of the last 2 years and I listen to the shows
on my iphone in my car during my many travels.

I started being interested in UFO when I was 12 years old after a sighting
by a member of my family. I immediately got interested in the subject and
since then I have read almost everything on the subject.

Whit the internet, I have seen almost all of the conferences on UFO's made
by all the researchers, author, debunkers ...

With the paracast, it was the cherry on the ice cream. I have been hooked for
2 years now. You guys kept me uptodate on everything happening in the
UFO field.

In the last couple of weeks, while I was buying music from the Apple iTunes's Store
at $ 1.29 a song, I thought that it was unfair to you that I could download any
episodes of your shows for free.

So I decided today to search my computer and I found out that I had downloaded
104 episodes of the Paracast shows. At $ 1.29 an episode, the total amount was
$ 134.16.

A couple of minutes ago, I donated $ 134.16 to the Paracast and I will continue in
the future to do the same.

I also registered to the forum and decided to become a member.

Yes, I am out of the closet.

Finally, I want to challenge every person who download and listen to the Paracast
shows to do the same as me. Give $1.29 to the paracast for each download.

The shows are as good as a good song on iTunes and I really think our hosts deserve it.

I hope Gene and Chris will read this post in one of their shows and send my challenge
to every listener of the Paracast shows.

Many thank to you and continue the excellent work.

BenFromCanada

Thank you for your support. We would love to be able to offer something special for those who pay for the show — such as an ad-free version — but that's up to the network. At least they are taking the concept seriously right now.

Thank you for your support. We would love to be able to offer something special for those who pay for the show — such as an ad-free version — but that's up to the network. At least they are taking the concept seriously right now.

Hi Gene,

Since you have shared a bit about your situation I am hoping you will share what the issue is with GCN. Do they have an exclusive with you or are you free to do what you want with your show? If so, I would recommend getting away from them and setting up some sort of pay situation and eliminate commercials. And take this in the best possible way. i enjoy the shows more or less and would be willing to pay for them. what irks me at times is and I will only speak for myself, others can if they choose. I like you have bills and at times getting through a month is hard. Car payment, mortgage, etc. We are all in similar circumstances is I guess what i am trying to say. make it a pay program, maybe something like Dreamland, free and more content for pay and eliminate the asking for money and disclosure of your personal situation, just a thought.

GCN, despite the sometimes wacky commercials and the usual high number for a radio network, gives us credibility. And our audience has grown tremendously since we set up with them (like several hundred percent on our server alone). It doesn't give us revenue, unfortunately, unless we can sell the small number of ad slots they give us for our own spots. If we had a crack sales/marketing person, that could be taken care of.

Problem with a paid show is that we'd lose most of our listeners overnight. Too many people are suffering from financial woes, and they can't afford to commit to even $5 or so a month for such a setup. But if the network approves a premium version that we can offer ad-free, we'd make it available for those who are willing to pay.

I always invite suggestions, of course. Nothing is perfect. If we had the marketing help — and assuming the network will let us offer the ad-free premium version — we could move past this.

Hi Gene,

I appreciate the clarification and so you know you're not alone, the mortgage comes out late on the 31st and me and the aging cat have another months’ worth of shelter over our heads.

I can find $ 5-7 a month and I am sure a lot of people here can as well.
:)

Hi there
You meant the rogue star?
I could not understand what was interesting.

Thanks

Hello UFOcurious,

The interesting part is not the blinking white dot in the sky, its the explanation from the Toronto policemen: its a drone !

We will see more and more of that.

BenFromCanada

Bad news for you: drones are cheap and everywhere.
Last year, during this manifestation in Sao Paulo, people were all excited that they saw an OVNI. It was a drone from GO CAM, an aerial image company working for one of the big newspapers in Sao Paulo.
GoCam |
But it could be a cover up. Who knows? As someone who has seen UFOs, including a rogue star that kept flying doing 90 degrees "curves" in the Summer sky years ago, I am open to anything. Really!
I saw that with my aunt, my 2 cousins. We were outside on a hot night looking for shooting stars, and I saw this star kind of moving straight and then changing directions in angles. People with me refused to think it was an UFO. They guessed it was either a satellite, or a really high up helicopter. People have been programmed to think it is more sophisticated/intelligent to think it is not an UFO. Since I am into weird stuff I rather think it was an UFO. LOL
Nevertheless, and don't even count that "star"as one of my sightings.

Hello to you all.

My name is Ben and I am a family doctor from a small town called Hatley in Canada.
I am 52 years old, married with 2 children.

I have been listening to the paracast shows for 2 years now.
You guys (Gene and Chris) have the best paranormal show around.

I have downloaded every episode of the last 2 years and I listen to the shows
on my iphone in my car during my many travels.

I started being interested in UFO when I was 12 years old after a sighting
by a member of my family. I immediately got interested in the subject and
since then I have read almost everything on the subject.

Whit the internet, I have seen almost all of the conferences on UFO's made
by all the researchers, author, debunkers ...

With the paracast, it was the cherry on the ice cream. I have been hooked for
2 years now. You guys kept me uptodate on everything happening in the
UFO field.

In the last couple of weeks, while I was buying music from the Apple iTunes's Store
at $ 1.29 a song, I thought that it was unfair to you that I could download any
episodes of your shows for free.

So I decided today to search my computer and I found out that I had downloaded
104 episodes of the Paracast shows. At $ 1.29 an episode, the total amount was
$ 134.16.

A couple of minutes ago, I donated $ 134.16 to the Paracast and I will continue in
the future to do the same.

I also registered to the forum and decided to become a member.

Yes, I am out of the closet.

Finally, I want to challenge every person who download and listen to the Paracast
shows to do the same as me. Give $1.29 to the paracast for each download.

The shows are as good as a good song on iTunes and I really think our hosts deserve it.

I hope Gene and Chris will read this post in one of their shows and send my challenge
to every listener of the Paracast shows.

Many thank to you and continue the excellent work.

BenFromCanada

Welcome Ben! I, like you began listening to the Paracast two years ago during a long commute to work. I was immediately impressed at the skeptical approach on the part of the hosts as I'd grown weary of the "true believers" on C2C. I think you'll enjoy the forums as much as I do! See ya around!

Back