• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Regarding abduction stories.

@Bananas I've never heard of abnormal dmt excretion until you started this post. A quick Google search came up with a few abstracts (increased excretion of....) worth looking at. Is this a phenomenon of which you are familiar with? Do you know what conditions are involved as to whether someone may be under this affliction? I assume schizophrenia is one but I wonder if it's possible to simulate a schizophrenic-like state in an individual.

It's just something I've read about a bit, nothing in-depth or anything you couldn't find with google. As to stimulating such symptoms, certain medications can induce hallucinations, but you'd have to research that as well. My only aim here was to get people interested, but I have nothing of worth to contribute to the conversation on a personal level.

No, not at all just curious. but I've posted before in this forum about my "problems" with alien abduction as it's frequently accepted. I can personally relate to some of your posts as far as lucid dreaming obe experiences and somewhat related, hypnogogia abd it's not a big leap to go the next level (alien abduction) I've never been one to mess with drugs but I am curious about the experience and would like to see what it's like outside of a sleeping state experience.

No, not at all just curious. but I've posted before in this forum about my "problems" with alien abduction as it's frequently accepted. I can personally relate to some of your posts as far as lucid dreaming obe experiences and somewhat related, hypnogogia. I've never been one to mess with drugs but I am curious about the experience and would like to see what it's like outside of a sleeping state experience.

Well, considering that Ayahuasca tourism is a booming industry at the moment, I'd say it's pretty safe. I mean, sure, you can have some harrowing trips I'd imagine, but actual health/mental health risks are incredibly low with most hallucinogenics according to what tests have been done by scientists. Mostly positive effects, like people dropping heroin addicitons on a dime with ibogaine, for example.

I've never done anything stronger than shrooms myself, and those only once. It's not that easy to get access here in Finland to such things, there's no market for them.

Could very well be mild Schizophrenia. Hard to say, but audiotory hallucinations are the most common symptoms with it. If you're worried, raise up the point with your doctor and get tested. Or it could be something else, kind of hard to say you know? Do
Well, considering that Ayahuasca tourism is a booming industry at the moment, I'd say it's pretty safe. I mean, sure, you can have some harrowing trips I'd imagine, but actual health/mental health risks are incredibly low with most hallucinogenics according to what tests have been done by scientists. Mostly positive effects, like people dropping heroin addicitons on a dime with ibogaine, for example.

I've never done anything stronger than shrooms myself, and those only once. It's not that easy to get access here in Finland to such things, there's no market for them.

Regarding Ibogaine & Heroin addiction I have some experience with individuals who've recovered from Heroin & or Opiate medications. The folks I've been in contact with who've attempted to "kick" with Ibogaine reported poor "long term" results & an overall shady experience. That may be different elsewhere but here in South Florida I've yet to meet anyone who experienced long term recovery by way of Ibogaine.

Also regarding the suggestion that the voices I've heard while falling asleep may be due to "mild schizophrenia", I might suggest that it's more likely Hypnagogic speech which appears to be more common than I thought according to a quick internet search. I'll look into the Schizophrenia angle you suggested and I appreciate the suggestion.

Get checked by a Brazilian psychiatrist. They know when it is schizophrenia and when its psychic abilities.
It is a bless being here and choose medical doctors with PhD and everything that believe in other realms!
http://www.amebrasil.org.br/
This doctor below wrote a dissertation in which he proves mediums are as healthy as normal people. My objection to his thesis is only one: what is normal? LOL just a joke! He is serious and respected.
Dr. Sérgio Felipe de Oliveira realiza palestra em Los Angeles, CA, EUA | Uniespírito Universidade Internacional de Ciências do Espírito

Either way, seeing things and hearing voices is no big deal, as long as you don't listen and do what they want. Unless you want become a crazy ufologist or internet psychic, or worse, someone on heavy meds for the rest of your life.

Although i don't know if it involves a DMT release but does not "mastering" kundalini yoga provide similar results ?
I have practiced Swasthya Yoga, a Brazilian compilation of ancient yoga, but I rather do Ballet or Pilates. Meditation? I sleep.
I am lazy, and as much as I am curious, I am not that curious to get out of my way to find the truth.
My life philosophy says that I will find out when I die: either there is an ultradimensional after life that explains it all, or it will be nothing. I give a 50% chance to it and live my life enjoying it as much as I can. I do pray to my mentor/guardian angel and thank the universe for all the things we have, the beautiful nature, the sun, the ocean, my kids, etc. I also ask to enlighten me and keep the greys away (just in case they are real). The bottom line is: if this planet is a school, we are not going EVER to discover the truth, because it would be like cheating on an exam. But it does not keep me away from enjoying my here and there paranormal experiences, my UFO sightings, etc.
BTW: I don't think I would ever go after UFOs, because what if they are not the nice kind? But if they want to come and visit, I will let them in. They can park in my backyard and we could exchange small talk about the universe.But I will not go into their spaceships ever. And I think that the ones who did took a great risk.

Regarding Ibogaine & Heroin addiction I have some experience with individuals who've recovered from Heroin & or Opiate medications. The folks I've been in contact with who've attempted to "kick" with Ibogaine reported poor "long term" results & an overall shady experience. That may be different elsewhere but here in South Florida I've yet to meet anyone who experienced long term recovery by way of Ibogaine.

Well, that's kind of a silly thing to say, in my opinion. I mean... if they can kick the habit in the first place for any period of time, it's hardly the fault of Ibogaine if they are stupid enough to start doing it again, don't you think? I mean, it's hardly thefault of the excercise regiment and diet if a person become morbidly obese again afterwards, right? In my experience, addictions of any kind are a psychological problem at it's root, Ibogaine only helps with the physical one. I know something about substance abuse in the form of Alcoholism (my father literally drank himself to death) and there is no magical cure for the mental side of addiction. If a person at their core doesn't want to stop, nothing on this planet will make them do so in the long run.

Also regarding the suggestion that the voices I've heard while falling asleep may be due to "mild schizophrenia", I might suggest that it's more likely Hypnagogic speech which appears to be more common than I thought according to a quick internet search. I'll look into the Schizophrenia angle you suggested and I appreciate the suggestion.

Nono, don't put any weight into anything I say, look into it yourself. Nothing I say has any real weight, and I don't want anyone to think otherwise.

Get checked by a Brazilian psychiatrist. They know when it is schizophrenia and when its psychic abilities.
It is a bless being here and choose medical doctors with PhD and everything that believe in other realms!
http://www.amebrasil.org.br/
This doctor below wrote a dissertation in which he proves mediums are as healthy as normal people. My objection to his thesis is only one: what is normal? LOL just a joke! He is serious and respected.
Dr. Sérgio Felipe de Oliveira realiza palestra em Los Angeles, CA, EUA | Uniespírito Universidade Internacional de Ciências do Espírito

Either way, seeing things and hearing voices is no big deal, as long as you don't listen and do what they want. Unless you want become a crazy ufologist or internet psychic, or worse, someone on heavy meds for the rest of your life.
Thank you for the suggestions. :)

This is not a good thing to say, seriously. Often these symptoms escalate over time, and simply ignoring them has a high chance of causing serious problems in the future. I'm not saying you should immediately get medicated, but you *should* visit a psychotherapist to check your mental health otherwise. You cannot possibly know the severity of your mental state on your own.

But, please, let's get back on topic.

The DMT book is dry, and since I am sick I watched the documentary instead. It is good! Thanks Burnt Space.
The only thing that bothered me was that my thoughts kept screaming...MATRIX, MATRIX, MATRIX; the DMT induced state is the reality and we are one of its manifestations. Too complicated to my poor human brain to get. I rather think that drugs are nature way to telling us our brain is much more powerful than we think. The DMT documentary is showing me it is the other way around. OH NO!I will have to actually think!

Well, that's kind of a silly thing to say, in my opinion. I mean... if they can kick the habit in the first place for any period of time, it's hardly the fault of Ibogaine if they are stupid enough to start doing it again, don't you think? I mean, it's hardly thefault of the excercise regiment and diet if a person become morbidly obese again afterwards, right? In my experience, addictions of any kind are a psychological problem at it's root, Ibogaine only helps with the physical one. I know something about substance abuse in the form of Alcoholism (my father literally drank himself to death) and there is no magical cure for the mental side of addiction. If a person at their core doesn't want to stop, nothing on this planet will make them do so in the long run.

Nono, don't put any weight into anything I say, look into it yourself. Nothing I say has any real weight, and I don't want anyone to think otherwise.
Ditto! Thank you for your insight, I think what I meant to express is that Ibogaine alone won't cure someone. It may have it's benefits but as you stated, there are no magical cures. It's an inside job.

Pigsinzen
I am glad you are in South Florida, our Brazil extension. We actually bit the Canadians in sheer number at Disneyworld.
Check this site and ask for Brazilian doctors in your area:
Florida ::: U.S. Spiritist Council ::
I know it looks crazy for eyes of people that are not Brazilian, but trust me. we do keep one foot in science and the other in the "world of possibilities". It does no harm. Spiritists are nice and less religious than your average American.
If you were here I could direct to ICEF - ICEF :: Instituto de Cultura Espírita de Florianópolis
And because of this video I pray to keep greys away

Back