• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Grey's

Pigsinzen

Skilled Investigator
I wanted to pose the question to the forum & hosts asking when the extraterrestrial race of aliens known as The Grey's first appeared?

I was 14 when Mr. Streiber penned his novel "Communion" and I remember that alien face and those black eyes staring back at me from the supermarket bookshelf & being honestly a little bit frightened. That said I've seen some of the rock paintings in Australia & a glyph on an ancient Egyptian tomb wall that depict what appears to look a lot like a Grey Alien. The assumption being that they've been a part of our culture for a very, very long time.

Good luck and pick one of your choice:
( ) soulless creatures trying to steal our soul
( ) zeta reticuli inhabitants
( )robots
( ) a race that cannot procreate stealing human genes too make hybrids and take over our planet
( ) loving space brothers
( ) all of the above

The eqyptian one

alien1.gif

If we zoom in its clearly a Lotus flower in a vase

alien2.gif

The Wanjina are impressive imo

wandjina2.jpg

WALLUNGUNDER, the big boss WANDJINA, came down from the Milky Way during DREAMTIME and created the earth and all its inhabitants. Then he took one look at those inhabitants and headed back home for reinforcements. This was going to be a tricky job.

These entities were so powerful that they didn’t need to speak. So they didn’t bother to have mouths. Eye-witness reports are thin on the ground, but many ancient cave paintings still exist and show eerie creatures with large heads, huge black eyes and suspiciously spacesuit-like garments. In fact, they look just like Grey aliens from modern U.F.O. abduction scenarios.

WANDJINA: Gods of Creation from Australian mythology

I find the aspect of coming down from the milky way and the legend they didnt speak (telepathic ?) very interesting given modern abduction narratives often mention telepathic communication too

In modern times the Mekon is one of the oldest i can find

mekon.gif

He turns up in the Dan Dare comic serial in 1950

One of my favorite movies is Paul. I've watched it almost as much as I've watched Star Wars (Episode Four). Paul's a Grey, and he confirms that we've been drip-fed images of grey's on coffee cups and t-shirts and sh*t in case our species' come in contact. (Taken from the movie). So yeah, they're real.

At least in the movies. I'd like to think they're 'real real', but I'd have to see one..preferably not on the other end of an anal probe, though.

Legends of small humanoids with extraordinary powers are as old as mankind. But as to when the classic 'grey' became entrenched in UFOlogy is a great question for UFO historians.

Great find on the Mekon, Mike!

Someone should have a Grey collection somewhere, so we can see the evolution of the grey's. Just like Man coming from the primates to stand upright...

Just have to dig in the literature and media...

Not too difficult for actual modern greys, since the ancient ones are more likely from drugs and trance induced ceremonial rites or worship. The lotus flowers were used in relation to some kind of drug the Egyptians took, so I'm betting those Alien looks are coming from that drug inducement. Whereas, the modern greys are coming from Flying Saucer Lore.

Do the Greys appear before 1947?

I should clarify the egyptian example isnt a depiction of a grey coming from the effects of drugs, its simply a depiction of the lotus that via facial pareidolia has been interpreted as looking like a grey

The motif was not uncommon

0198606788.lotus.1.jpg

As per bottom left

Blurry versions got thrown up as pictures of a grey

8.jpg

But the clearer version shows a common lotus motif used at that time

Heres another example

alien3.gif

The big black eyes are simply the leaves

But some ppl see this

02.jpg

In the blurry version i guess it does kinda look like one, but the clearer pics show a lotus motif that was quite common at the time

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to pose the question to the forum & hosts asking when the extraterrestrial race of aliens known as The Grey's first appeared?

I was 14 when Mr. Streiber penned his novel "Communion" and I remember that alien face and those black eyes staring back at me from the supermarket bookshelf & being honestly a little bit frightened. That said I've seen some of the rock paintings in Australia & a glyph on an ancient Egyptian tomb wall that depict what appears to look a lot like a Grey Alien. The assumption being that they've been a part of our culture for a very, very long time.

Check out this website ( in addition to Mike's suggestions above ): http://www.ancient-origins.net/human-origins-folklore/mysterious-aboriginal-rock-art-wandjinas-extraterrestrial-or-not-00701#!bki13g

Those are some great pictures & links. I absolutely see the lotus flower in the egyptian tomb painting referenced in my original message. That's a great example of facial pareidolia as indicated by Mike. Wasn't the lotus also mistaken for a light bulb by some Ancient Alien proponents? I believe it was. I find the Aboriginal rock art & their folklore compelling & hard to ignore.

Wikipedia has some interesting information regarding the origin of the Grey Alien in pop culture. Here's the link Grey alien - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back