• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

About Bond. James Bond!

As I'm just listening to the "Rosetta Deception" show with James Carrion, I'd like to express my relief that Ian Fleming had the intuition to give him a simpler name than his role model had.

My name is Dunderdale... Wilfred Dunderdale.

EDIT
I wonder if that name had anything to do with him coming up with the book title "Thunderball"...

...which, by the way, is the book featuring the yacht called "Disco Volante" (flying disk)... and the flying disk is where the atomic bombs are hidden.... OMG! Fleming knew about the Rosetta Deception...! Do you see the connection? It all fits the pattern!

...well, or maybe I'm deep in James Bond conspiracy land... :oops:
wasn't there some theory about Dr. No really being an alien grey...? :rolleyes:

But seriously, does Carrion write anything about Fleming, other than that Bond was based on Dunderdale who would have been an expert at deception and counter-intelligence?

Damn. I guess I'll have to head over to amazon and get both books...

Last edited:
Well hey, if we are talking about Bond, James Bond and putting up music vid's, here is my All Time Favorite James Bond flick ...

From Russia With Love ... best fight scene in cinema history ... in my opinion... and one of the best villians (Red Grant) in Bond cinema history!

Last edited:
Well hey, if we are talking about Bond, James Bond and putting up music vid's, here is my All Time Favorite James Bond flick ...

From Russia With Love ... best fight scene in cinema history ... in my opinion... and one of the best villians (Red Grant) in Bond cinema history!

....aaaah and it doesn't play here in Germany because of "copyright restrictions". But of course it's not a problem to have Tiger Tom oozing out of your loudspeakers....:mad::D

I would agree that From Russia with Love was probably the best of the classic Bond movies. With the later ones I often liked the music better than the rest of it. But I actually do like the new ones, too.

@mike: I'm still waiting for the story "The Selfish Giant" audio version read by Sean Connery.

Back