• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Hello!

Tanith14

Paranormal Novice
Hi and greetings!

I discovered The Paracast a couple of days ago. It's great to have finally found such an intelligent, objective, analytical and research-based show conducted by two knowledgeable and inquisitive hosts. I particularly appreciate their probing and incisive questions to guests.

I don't want to believe at all costs. But I do want to try and understand what is happening around us.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks for the kind words and hello to you. I hope you'll be able to extend these feelings to the forum. The members and discussions here are just that IMO: knowledgeable and inquisitive. Occasional exceptions occur, but in my time here, it has always been much more civil, tolerant and cooperative than in most other forums I've been to.
I don't want to believe at all costs. But I do want to try and understand what is happening around us.
So, do you have specific reasons (personal experiences) to think that the explanations for what's happening, given in modern western society and mainstream science might not be the whole story? Or is it more of a general gut feeling?

Good times - I totally agree that I want to believe but not at the cost of looking like an idiot and buying into everyone's claim that could be a hoax.

Thanks for your replies :)

To answer your question Polterwurst, I just feel that with so many different unexplained manifestations/phenomena occuring everywhere around us, we should really be looking for answers. However, this doesn't mean simply following a theory (e.g unexplained aerial phenomena = extraterrestrials) and trying to prove that one theory at all costs. I believe that serious investigation and research have to eliminate all possible explanations to any given phenomena before considering what is "outside the normal"as a possible answer.

Many of the American podcasts I've listened to tend to start from the "I want to believe" premise. This doesn't seem the case with The Paracast. I like that it's so discerning.

Looking forward to more podcasts and forum discussions in such an intelligent and well-informed community.

Lots of complements here. People will like you. That discernment will be very appreciaed here. Welcome to the forum and all the weirdness it has to offer.

Thanks for your replies :)

To answer your question Polterwurst, I just feel that with so many different unexplained manifestations/phenomena occuring everywhere around us, we should really be looking for answers. However, this doesn't mean simply following a theory (e.g unexplained aerial phenomena = extraterrestrials) and trying to prove that one theory at all costs. I believe that serious investigation and research have to eliminate all possible explanations to any given phenomena before considering what is "outside the normal"as a possible answer.

The guest from this week's show said that there are too many people in UFOlogy that don't want to solve anything, they just want to perpetuate the mystery and I've noticed that phenomenon, too. It's like "The X-Files" after a few seasons you're going to have to put some things to rest and move on with new plot lines.

Looking forward to more podcasts and forum discussions in such an intelligent and well-informed community.
It's a trap! Save yourself! RUN! It's too late for us, but for you there's still time!

Back