• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

April 13, 2014 Listener Roundtable

I was a bit leery when I heard there would be three guests and two hosts all together. That usually leads to everyone talking over one another. That didn't happen this time and the discussion was quite interesting as well.

The credit all goes to Gene's mastery of the medium. The times where we stepped too badly over one another, he'd flag the play, and we'd run it again. The topics discussed were interesting, but often outside my comfort zone, and I hope that they will be explored in further depth here, or in other conversations.

One thing that springs to mind is Ufology's citing a radar-visual Project Blue Book case that he thought was exceptional, and I'd like to know which one, to be able to read the file. I was impressed at his confidence, but do not share his conclusions. Having said that, I've looked at the way government operations make decisions, and they often take grave military action based on far less evidence than what we have on UFOs.

Great listening guys, especially at 32 minutes in when talked turned to the contact/abduction eperience and the emotional state afterwards of the percipients. This is a subject i've mentioned a few times is what i feel is...and as Chris has pointed out many times...one of the most important yet really unspoken aspects of the whole phenomena. Gene's mention of a p.t.s.d.-like scenario best describes what i think would be at play in a few cases as well, and of course the severity of this condition is not necessarilly equally shared throughout all the experiencers, as is the case...I'm assuming...for war veterans as well.

I really liked hearing Chris's observation of his time at the Jicarilla Apache Reservation and the observation made by one of the tribal elders when he mentioned that the abduction experience is more akin to having the ship appear to form around you more so than you were physicallly transported up to the ship. This observation is not really too surprising to me inasmuch as some people have reported That the insides of the vessels always appear larger than the outsides. thanks to Randall for pointing out John Mack's work on this subject. I
knew John did work with alleged abductees but i didn't know that he completed any post experience sumnaions or followed up on them to see how things have changed for them. Also thanks to Curt for his mention that Chris Rutkowski did as well.

If i could do a "do-over" I'd go back and ask you guys what is your opinion on cases where you have multiple witnesses and how sometimes people report different observations and in some cases the observations are the same. As for myself, while I don't deny that people don't always make for great witnesses, I also don't think it would always come down to one person being a much better witness than the other, I do wonder if in some caes if multiple witness's report somewhat differnt experiences is it because of the physcological aspect. Perhaps some were preloaded with certain expectations and were already primed to perceive the event in a somewhat different way.

At any rate, it's episodes like this and forums like this that just reaffirm my feeling that I chose wisely when I decided to seek a place in which to discuss this phenomena.

Now if only Gene and Chris would get off this whole Ultra terrestrial kick...It's turtles guys, all the way down.

uploadfromtaptalk1397491303657.jpg

Last edited:
It was a lot of fun and I think it turned out great. I enjoyed the chat with fellow listeners. By default, I've never been much for being an active participant in online forums of any sort, but getting to know a few of you makes me want to be more active here. I read the forums all the time but usually sit back and do my own research quietly on the side.

Perhaps I will be more vocal now, so in the future you don't have to wonder "who is this guy?" .

Thanks again guys, loved it.

I have to say I was quite astonished to hear your story about the air force guy. If I had someone like that clearly trying to intimidate me, I think I would be very reluctant to have anything to do with this stuff at all...

Thanks for appearing on the show and thanks to Sentry and Ufology, too. Great show, even if it was improvised. I thought I had heard everything but there's always surprises ahead in these shows. Especially Ufology's experiences, which I'm once more totally baffled by.

Last edited:
Yeah...I didn't talk about that for 5 or 6 years. I lost interest in the subject and dropped it all. It wasn't until some drunken night of swapping stories with friends that I first told the story out loud. It was quite the relief. Even though it has been 15 years, I have occasionally emailed the person I was corresponding with at the time and never get any reply. Not even a undeliverable bounce. It makes me wonder what happened to the other guy to scare him so much.

I believe that it was my phone call to the ex-NASA worker that tipped off the powers that be and sent them to visit me.

Interesting show and a great change of pace.

Question: Doesn't the "I saw a talking rabbit" story invalidate the previous assertion that human beings are excellent eye-witnesses and can be believed when they relate stories of what they think they saw, be that alien produced UFOs or articulate rodents?

The personal testimonies were most excellent. Thanks @ufology particularly for telling us about your unique, key experiences. I dont mean anything by it but they sound very "abductery/faery ring". Anyway very kewl people.

Just wanted to thank all participants, good show :) . Glad to to have you guys around here to intervene when needed. ;) That said, I personally like them all.

I whipped up a recreation of my sighting, I found it hard to describe without using my hands :)

Wow, that is excellent. So, you saw a single object leave to be replaced by the triangle formation?

You might want to put "this is a simulation" in the description. Otherwise, folks are going to want to take it as the real thing. Not that anything will prevent that for some I guess.

Description updated. That was a good point, I put it up just for this post, so I didn't think about other Youtubers finding it and thinking I was trying to pass it off as real.

As far as the sighting goes, I got the impression it was 1 object that was moving slowly, stopped and hovered before changing direction and flying off at incredible speeds over my head. By the time I turned around to follow it, it had joined up with 2 other objects in a triangular formation.

@HoJack - Fantastic post - it's brilliant that you took the time to create a simulation to illustrate your sighting. To my knowledge, you are the first forum member to have made an animated video to describe a sighting and post it in the forum so top marks for effort and top marks for the video.
Things like that are why I come here.

Oh and great appearance on the show. There was plenty of interesting discussion from all - exactly what a listener roundtable should be like!

Thanks Goggs! I have a background in film, so it's always fun to do stuff like that. If you liked that clip, I will share some other work. I am working on a documentary project and have created about 20 recreations of UFO videos (to avoid rights issues) for the kickstarter video. Here is one that I particularly liked how it turned out. It's my own version of those hoax drones from a few years ago. The 3D model took some time, but it turned out good I think.

Back