• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Journalist Michael C. Ruppert Commits Suicide

trainedobserver

Paranormally Disenchanted
Journalist Michael C. Ruppert Commits Suicide

Former LAPD narcotics investigator Michael C. Ruppert -- best known as an investigative journalist and peak oil awareness advocate -- is dead. While details are sketchy, various sources and his Facebook page say that he committed suicide.

He was 63 years old.

In the mid-1990s, Ruppert worked as an LAPD narcotics investigator, before he experienced, first hand, government corruption. He uncovered evidence that pointed to the CIA being involved in drug dealing... and would publicly confront agency director John Deutch during a town hall meeting. Deutch did not handle the confrontation very well... and was ultimately terminated from the CIA as a result.
Here is the last show he did just before committing suicide.
If you listen to the show, he sounds like he is in emotional trouble from the onset and the ensuing discussion only reenforces the idea.

Last edited:
Here is the last show he did just before committing suicide.
If you listen to the show, he sounds like he is in emotional trouble from the onset and the ensuing discussion only reenforces the idea.

What is terrible to realize is that he shot himself shortly after finishing this - we're talking hours. He did this show on the 13th (Sunday) and killed himself the same day. Here is what Wiki says: "Michael C. Ruppert committed suicide via a self-inflicted gun shot wound to the head, shortly after finishing with his weekly show on PRN on April 13 2014."

May he find peace. Clearly had gotten himself into a nose dive. We're hearing an on-air non-therapy session. :(

'The Con' - my word - this is so sad - this line of thinking. An example of how we can over-think life. And the 'they' - the paranoia - ouch! Snake oil salesman have been around since year zero. Human nature hasn't changed.

Last edited:
This is an example of how disconnected we are from the process of human development. But he was twenty one years in a 12-step program. So he had to understand something about his 'dark night'.

'Suicidal despair' is the 'dark night of the soul' - and talk about it as one might - once in that moment, no one can help you. It's our wrestling at midnight with the angel. I think he knew what he was going to do while he did this show. It's his good-bye. Very sad. Because through that despair - no matter the rationales for the despair (it's the process of thinking that is causing the despair) - is the birth into human adulthood. Before that baptism of fire, we are not fully born, not fully matured.

This is actually an important topic to discuss. The woman in the interview says it's reasonable to be 'terrified'. Michael convinced himself that people in the world are feeling 'leaden'. Hopefully we will discuss this phenomenon that is gripping so many people. The whole hour-long interview show has many points worthy of discussion.

Damn. That's a shame. I met him one time at the Bliss Cafe in beautiful downtown Crestone. He seemed to be a really nice guy, and interesting too. I didn't know anything about him, so I looked up his show and his history afterward. Yikes! It took brass balls to do some of the things he did. I had hoped to talk with him again, but never got the opportunity. I had heard last fall that he was still living up by the hot springs in the north end of the valley, but it looks like he had moved back to California. Rest in peace, Tracker.

This is an example of how disconnected we are from the process of human development. But he was twenty one years in a 12-step program. So he had to understand something about his 'dark night'.

'Suicidal despair' is the 'dark night of the soul' - and talk about it as one might - once in that moment, no one can help you. It's our wrestling at midnight with the angel. I think he knew what he was going to do while he did this show. It's his good-bye. Very sad. Because through that despair - no matter the rationales for the despair (it's the process of thinking that is causing the despair) - is the birth into human adulthood. Before that baptism of fire, we are not fully born, not fully matured.

This is actually an important topic to discuss. The woman in the interview says it's reasonable to be 'terrified'. Michael convinced himself that people in the world are feeling 'leaden'. Hopefully we will discuss this phenomenon that is gripping so many people. The whole hour-long interview show has many points worthy of discussion.

Sometimes that dark night, wherein even god will not offer a consolation, is so deep it overcomes even the bravest hearts. When all of your reserves are emptied, when all of your options have disappeared, all you can do is just be in it and remember, "This too is temporary." It is easy to loose sight of that in the darkness.

Watching Apocalypse, Man, particularly the last 20 minutes, is a chilling experience. It doesn't get more human or more real than this. Wow, just wow. I cannot disagree with anything Ruppert says in either film. He must have thought the monsters (see The Mist) were upon him and just couldn't bear it any longer.

Watching Apocalypse, Man, particularly the last 20 minutes, is a chilling experience. It doesn't get more human or more real than this. Wow, just wow. I cannot disagree with anything Ruppert says in either film. He must have thought the monsters (see The Mist) were upon him and just couldn't bear it any longer.

Sadly, for me, nope. He had constructed his own world. The world is not ending in 20 years - 'scientifically' not likely. Further, after watching 'Apocalypse, Man' - my hunch is the cause of his demise is far more personal than because of the world ending, or Fukishima or Climate Collapse. I would not be surprised if he lost a personal connection he depended on. My impression only.

What people need is a sense of history. Perspective would go a long way. Less romanticizing of the past (as he was doing with the Native American Indian). A less western ethnocentric view of events, as well. Just some thoughts. Wouldn't be the first time I scramble my impressions.

May he R.I.P.

I am more comfortable with scientific analysis rather than passions and ego.....more interesting. (Note: at the commercial break, scroll through to 15:00 if you want to avoid the pretty girls).

Last edited:
One thing that struck me was an impression of isolation and loneliness. That could be false, but that was my impression. His observations are valid, only time will tell about his conclusions.

i dont know how he lived as long as he did, the people he went after in print are/were powerful and dirty men.
without a doubt he would have been sued if he was wrong, and did'nt have the evidence on them, i liked him alot, i came across him shortly after 911.

maybe they bided their time, kept the pressure on, until he sounded ripe for suiciding.

i dont know how he lived as long as he did, the people he went after in print are/were powerful and dirty men.
without a doubt he would have been sued if he was wrong, and did'nt have the evidence on them, i liked him alot, i came across him shortly after 911.

maybe they bided their time, kept the pressure on, until he sounded ripe for suiciding.

I'm pretty sure this was his choice. He says, "I came up here to die or commit suicide." in Apocalypse, Man. It doesn't get any more overt than that. To me, it seems like he was looking for a reason to live, having lost all hope for humanity at large. My impression of his last broadcast was that he found more reasons to despair than to live. There is a lot we don't know. He may have been ill. Cancer and other chronic and or terminal diseases can make suicide look like a viable alternative for some.

Listening to his previous shows, it seems like he was working on a new project, having been flown to Seattle the week before, for which he was expecting a big paycheck. Maybe the experience, as he describes in the final broadcast, was too much for him to take. It sounds like he was on a spiritual journey possibly fueled by entheogens as he was a big fan of Terrance McKenna.

I interviewed Ruppert when I was doing Strange Daze on the Liberty Works Radio Network. If interested here is a link to my show with Michael Ruppert.

http://www.dqrm.com/shows/DMR/2010/wk40/dmr-46-t.mp3

Decker

Great interview Don!

I thought the idea that Casey may have "fallen on his sword", taking some sort of CIA cancer assassination drug to be very interesting. The Christians In Action smuggling drugs seems unbelievable until you hear it enough times coming from ex-law enforcement and so on. Is there any evidence that anything has changed?

Last edited:
Great interview Don!

I thought the idea that Casey may have "fallen on his sword", taking some sort of CIA cancer assassination drug to be very interesting. The Christians In Action smuggling drugs seems unbelievable until you hear it enough times coming from ex-law enforcement and so on. Is there any evidence that anything has changed?

I have seen nothing to suggest anything has changed. And, not to beat a "dead horse" but IMHO things are worse now than I ever recall seeing in the past. TIFWIW

Decker

oliver north, a small spoke, in a big wheel.

mike reckoned he could prove it was around $600 billion the Christians were facilitating the laundering off, thru wall str, after afghanistan went back to full production a year after american occupation, but you need to own your own bank/s for that, and it took a few years to get afghanistan upto 8000 tons by 2007 [see attatched UN graph].

3901-cf7adc33fb502e47729ad5203f1e5e09.jpg

as by 2001 the taliban had banned production, under the penalty of death, and it was less than 185 tons then.
under american protection, production went back to normal in 2002, the same as when the christians run it under the mujahideen management, and doubled it over the next 4 years to 6000 tons, in 2006, then 8000+ ton 2007.

let not be forgetting the Saving's and Investment's Bank [ BCCI bank of credit & commerce int ], and then enron.
and when the ChristIAns pulled the plug on these, they had stolen many more billions of ordinary peoples savings.

You imagine someone in the CIA as thinking about protecting the country, or at least imagine the intelligence community as something that's ordered around national security. What do you think it is that triggers them to want to reconcile drug shipments in the country in line with that pursuit?

Well, they don't even have to reconcile it. That's what took so long to figure out, but what we teach now with From The Wilderness is that it wasn't just CIA dealing some drugs to fund covert operations. It is that drug money is an inherent part of the American economy. It has always been so, as it was with the British in the 1600s when they introduced opium into China to fund the triangular trade with the British East India Company.

The point about the drug trade is not that the CIA dealt a few drugs during the Contra years to fund the covert operation that Congress didn't want it to engage in. The CIA has dealt drugs for all 50 years of its existence--50 plus years, even before it was the CIA. And the point is that with 250 billion dollars a year in illegal drug money moved, laundered through the American economy, that money benefits Wall Street. That's the point of having the prohibitive drug trade, which the CIA effectively manages for the benefit of Wall Street.

Just before the Contra war, the annual cocaine consumption in this country was about 50 metric tons a year; let's say back in 1979. By 1985, it was 600 metric tons a year. We are still consuming 550 metric tons of cocaine a year in this country, and the money that's generated from that is used...let's say some drug dealer in Colombia calls General Motors and buys a thousand Suburbans--GM doesn't ask where it came from. Philip Morris is now being sued by 28 departments (the same thing as states) in Colombia for smuggling two billion dollars worth of Marlboro cigarettes into Colombia and getting paid for it with cocaine money! That money boosts Philip Morris's stock value on Wall Street; General Electric the same way...it's documented in the US Department of Justice.

So the purpose of the Agency being involved in the drug trade has been to generate illegal cash, fluid liquid capital, which gives those who can get their hands on it an unfair advantage in the marketplace.

So when you hear the term "War on Drugs"...

Well, it's not a War on Drugs. It's a War on People. Consider this: Joseph McNamara, a former chief of San Jose from the Hoover Institute at Stanford University, published some really telling figures. In 1972, when Richard Nixon started the War on Drugs, the annual federal budget allocation was 110 million dollars a year for enforcement. In fiscal year 2000, 28 years later, the budget allocation was 17 billion dollars a year, and yet, in the year 2000, there are more drugs in this country, they are cheaper, and they are more potent than they were in 1972. That has to tell you that there's some other agenda going on here.

a must read for anyone introducing themselves to mr ruppert for the first time.
WALL ST, CIA & THE GLOBAL DRUG TRADE - by Mike Ruppert
written in 2000, its almost clairvoyance'y.

that short piece may be a bit 'misty' to anyone not familiar, so.

The guy who goes and buys the house at the cheap rate, how is he really connected to the CIA who are bringing in drugs from Nicaragua? Some people would say that's a simplified version of a conspiracy theory. How would you respond to those people?

This is all documentable, this is provable, this is not speculation. We can trace this money very quickly; it's very easy to do. That's one of the reasons we've been so dangerous at From The Wilderness, because this is not speculation. Did the guy who was operating the roundhouse that turned around the train that was rolling to Auschwitz know what was going on in the shower room? I'm not making that argument, but it was all part of the system that produced the same net result. And what you find repeatedly--one of the things that we'll be seeing more of, I think, in From The Wilderness and certainly I've seen excellent research on this--is that one of the biggest investors in HUD multi-family units and HUD mortgages is Harvard University. It is a huge corporation that has a long list of ties to organised crime. Well, you take major firms like Harvard or related investment firms that also turn out to be huge campaign contributors, and they find out that there are 200 houses on the market for 20 cents in the dollar and they don't ask how it got that way; they just follow the money.

I was at the Shadow Convention where I interviewed a number of very famous people--Jesse Jackson, John Conyers, Maxine Waters, Arianna Huffington, Scott Harshbarger of Common Cause, a great many very important American people. I talked to them about the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in July of 2000 confirming that there was evidence that CIA was ordering drug dealing by a Contra leader, Reynato Peña. And it was funny, because I got all these political answers.

But one guy I talked to was a guy named Rex Nutting, who was the bureau chief of CBS Market Watch--he is the head guy for CBS for the stock market. And we're sitting back in the room--I'm waiting for Huffington to get free--and I'm talking to this guy about the fact that Richard Grasso, the Chairman of the New York Stock Exchange, last July went to Colombia and cold-called on the FARC guerrillas and asked them to invest their drug money in Wall Street. And Rex Nutting says: "Well, of course they always go where the money is. It's obvious."

The drug money is always going through Wall Street. Wall Street smells money and doesn't care where the money comes from; they'll go for the drug money.

And we jokingly laughed that the National Security Act that created the CIA in '47 was written by a guy called Clark Clifford, who was a Wall Street banker and lawyer. He's the guy that brought us BCCI. The job of writing the outline for CIA, the design for the Agency, was given to Clark Clifford by John Foster Dulles and Allen Dulles--both law partners in the Wall Street law firm of Sullivan and Cromwell. In '69 after Nixon came in, the Chairman of SEC [Securities and Exchange Commission] was William Casey--the same guy who was Ronald Reagan's Director of Central Intelligence. And the current Vice President in charge of enforcement for the New York Stock Exchange, Dave Dougherty, is a retired CIA General Counsel. The CIA is Wall Street, and vice versa. When you understand that, and that money is the primary objective, everything else just falls into place.

R.I.P.

Attachments

• Afghanistan opium production.jpg
    Afghanistan opium production.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back