• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Listener Round Table TODAY! Anyone Interested??

For the record, what are the weird experiences people have had ? I am also interested in wether people place these personal experiences in the same draw all together or do they make distinctions. Should we be clear and definite about this in the paranormal world ie: Ufos are one thing. Big foot and cryptoids another. Telepathic messages one thing. Ghosts one thing. What about the cases that combine these events/experiences? Perhaps in the age of our inflated sense of technological mastery and control of the natural universe these things only serve to show us how little we really know?
I think this question was responsible for the most interesting parts of the show:)

On the absence of alien abduction cases: Just go to a UFO conference and hang out with various groups, you will find some. Stand by someone's table like Travis Walton's for example, you will see people sharing their "abductions" and other experiences. Some of these are quite emotionally told. I think the activity or claims of the activity are not publicly shared by many folks out of fear of ridicule.

Who could blame them? The CIA's Robertson Panel in 1952 rolled out ridicule as the best way to suppress all interpersonal and public sharing of ufo-related subject matter, and managed to implement it widely. Amerika has complied for the last 62 years, and who's surprised? How stupid is this if even five percent of abduction reports are accurately reported? As stupid as the suppression and ridicule of the ufo subject itself has been. Utterly blind and abysmally irrational.

Last edited:
@withoutlimits09 - It's funny how 2 people can hear the same thing and have different opinions of how it was. I do not for one second think that Chris or Gene were actually laughing at the idea of the ETH. I do not think they discount it either. It's just we have insufficient tangible evidence to convince many people that there really are non-man made craft in our skies. Even though we have photos etc of UFOs, we don't have photos of any occupants and we most certainly do not know if any possible UFO occupants actually come from another planet.

Even Randall (Ufology) would concede that the ETH is really arrived at by process of elimination, that is, we work out that it might indeed be the most probable hypothesis. It isn't because we have solid proof the ETH is the answer. Unless you can supply proof of who UFO occupants are and where they are from, we can only guess until then.

Some people believe that a great power may be masquerading as ET's visiting in ships, some believe it is a crypto-terrestrial race.

I've yet to see evidence or a rational argument to support either of those theses. Both evidence and a rational argument exist for ET species taking an interest in this planet.

I happen to think it's more than one answer myself which includes the ETH but I cannot say for sure.

How many decades should we spend weighing these options before we stop poisoning the well of the creditable ufo research that has existed for more than a half-century here and in countries around the planet? By the way, how many more years do we have to prop ourselves up as superior by pillorying LMH?

We don't even know if UFOs are occupied by beings at all, they could be automated machines etc?

Machts nichts. If they're not from here {and they're obviously not ours} some beings, intelligent and scientifically advanced considerably beyond ourselves, have manufactured and sent those automated machines to look in on this planet as we eagerly race toward self- and planetary destruction.

All I am trying to say is that I know for a fact Gene and Chris do not have a condescending attitude to anyone who supports the ETH, only that they do find the blind faith of people like Linda Moulton Howe to the ETH amusing. Even when presented with evidence to the contrary, she continues to believe that the cattle mutilation phenomenon is all UFO related, and what proof does she have to make such an assertion? It is that kind of blind faith without facts that Gene and Chris probably find amusing. I probably should not be posting as if I know their minds so you should ask them directly - you will get a reply an no-one is gonna laugh at anything you say.

Amusement at the expense of other researchers is certainly a form of ridicule and is inappropriate in my opinion. People in this always grievously disadvantaged field of private ufo research now have more to fear from one another than they do from the debunking organizations and the disinformation agencies. No wonder people in general still do not take the ufo subject seriously. No wonder there's no public demand for release of information from the parties sitting on it. No wonder there won't be a release of at least some information in our lifetimes, nor the barest official acknowledgement of what's gone on in plain view of countless human beings since the 1940s.

Back