• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Welcome to Our New Members

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Everyone who joins our community will be sent a message in a private conversation, and be officially welcomed here. Feel free to guide our new visitors to becoming active members of our forum.

Hi people

I'm from Victoria Aus and have been listening to your podcast for some time and find most of it very interesting.
From a small boy I have always had a fascination with UFOs and each night I would scan the skies in the hope of seeing one. I had a special room prepared, where from newspapers I would plot all the reported sighting in the hope that some sort of pattern would emerge.
This was way back in the late 50s early 60s I would have 8 or 9 at the time.
I once believed that one night I was visited and the next morning found a mark or indent on my left calf which is still there today. I put it down to it being birth mark but I don't know. My mother didn't know either and couldn't remember seeing it before.
The fascination for the skies never left me and I made my career in the sky becoming a pilot.
Even now that I'm semi retired, each night I look up and wonder what's up there.
Keep the great work going and well done boys.

Hello Gene and Chris, hi to all the forum members,
I have been listening to this show and pretty much every other internet radio station on the topic of the paranormal for a long time now finally decided to jump a little deeper into it by joining the forum, it is just an amazing show, every week I get excited to listen to the show, so thanks guys!

I am in Brisbane Australia, have experienced many paranormal events, ( ufo/ spirit) and am looking forward to sharing what the site and forum has to offer.

Is there a live chat during the shows? Or do people post in the forum to ask questions of the guest or show topic?

Keep up the great work Gene and Chris you guys do a great job!!!
Aussie

Hi people

I'm from Victoria Aus and have been listening to your podcast for some time and find most of it very interesting.
From a small boy I have always had a fascination with UFOs and each night I would scan the skies in the hope of seeing one. I had a special room prepared, where from newspapers I would plot all the reported sighting in the hope that some sort of pattern would emerge.
This was way back in the late 50s early 60s I would have 8 or 9 at the time.
I once believed that one night I was visited and the next morning found a mark or indent on my left calf which is still there today. I put it down to it being birth mark but I don't know. My mother didn't know either and couldn't remember seeing it before.
The fascination for the skies never left me and I made my career in the sky becoming a pilot.
Even now that I'm semi retired, each night I look up and wonder what's up there.
Keep the great work going and well done boys.

Could you give us any insight into aircrew sighting's please Alfa13, for instance is it really possible for venus to appear as a nuts and bolts craft, pursuing your aircraft, or doing a few fancy manouvres as fighter jet pilots report etc, be interested to hearing/reading your view/s.

Hi Manxman,

On a couple of occasions I have experienced what I believed to be Venus following us. The the most recent was approx 18 months while we I was traveling from Flinders Is in to Launceston Tasmania. It is a very short flight of only 20 mins over Bass Straight.

Approx half way a cross an extremely bright light from the East appeared just above the horizon. It appeared like a landing light of a large aircraft. The light also appeared to get closer at an alarming rate and I was tempted to ask Air Traffic Control if there was another aircraft in the vicinity, but decided (to save embarrassment) against it.

As we descended we were occupied with our descent checks and lost sight of it.

Another time was appox 5 years ago again over Bass Straight when a similar incident occurred this coincided with a very strong Aurora Australis exhibition.

Apart from the above I regret that I have not experienced any other abnormal occurrences.

thanks.

could experienced fighter pilots get confused enough to try and lock on it, what do you think ?.

what is the embarrassment factor with commercial pilots ?, would reporting a ufo still be detrimental to a pilots carreer ?, and how did the situation arise that it could of been detrimental in the first place ?, theres been whole flight crews perplexed by strange events how far does an investigation go under these circumstances ?, and who investigates ?.

i appreciate your time helping me, thanks.

Last edited:
Hello to all forum members, Gene and Chris.

I am a coast and Art Bell refuge and a new listener to the show and I've gotta say you gentlemen have it together. I have been a law enforcement officer for the past 17 years and it always erked me when I heard hosts on other programs not calling out a guest on a obviously bs story. I have found your show a refreshing change from the ( Ill believe anything you say ) style of other popular paranormal shows. I have found a new home on the Paracast. As I was forced into retirement due to medical reasons I found myself with quite a lot of free time, as such I have been listening to your archived shows pretty much 24/7. Your show has helped me cope in what has been a difficult transition in my life. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greetings from Scotland,

After listening to the podcast for a year or so, I finally decided to join the forum.

I echo the sentiments of johnnyblotto's post; it is indeed refreshing to hear hosts take people to task over some spurious claims.

Looking forward to debates on the forum in the days and weeks to come!

hello all!
dexter here from england. ive always been "weird" according to the mainstream media believing, sport crazed, drones around me :)

i have an interest in everything especially the unexplained (at least by consensus).

started listening last december and i am now going through all the old podcast. remarkably i was listening to one from 2006 with some remote viewer/psycic type who predicted the 2008 crash!

peace to all you fellow travellers...shalom.

Hello to members of the Paracast. Phew, finally did it after weeks of lurking! I enjoy the repartee and interesting threads put out there...I find that a lot of folks are coming from the same place I am in the paranormal world. Tired of the same retread stories, some of which were hardly discussed in the early 80's when I started reading, now they have traction and have gotten stale to me. I will admit to watching every UFO show out there. UFOs are my passion, but a modicum of sensibility is present, thank God. I've seen discussed the Hangar 1 show, but not Close Encounters on the Science channel. I've seen them all and am shocked that the old stories are trotted out once again; but this time with blatant mistakes. The worst offender was called Men in Black and it was about the Socorro, NM case! The were no men in black and the description of the encounter was all wrong according to history. WHY, WHY, WHY? The powers that be must know we have all these cases known by heart...end of rant.

Tidings,
Dorette

Welcome, LegendTripper! "Close Encounters" shows what happens when you try and fall short. The show is well produced visually and tries to take a serious approach to the sightings and witnesses. They put together a good collection of experts to discuss UFOs, stuck to well-documented cases, and avoided the really nutty stuff. Somewhere along the line, they fell short and mistakes crept in and the re-enactments can be overly dramatic.

I think the fact-checking was flawed, so what got filmed also suffered. Sometimes the casting was off, too. The actors playing Lonnie Zamora and Colby Landrum were way, way off. Another serious problem with the show is that episodes are only 30 minutes, and they typically have two segments on different cases. That's just not enough time to cover complex cases. True to their name, they focus almost exclusively on the encounter and barely touch on the investigation or skeptical solutions. I know this is aimed at the general public, not UFO mavens, but why go to all this trouble and then almost get things right?

The show has been renewed for another season, so I'm hoping some of these flaws can be corrected. I've bent the ear of one of the show experts, Chris Rutkowski and he shares many of my concerns. I've asked in particular that the producers provide links on where to learn more about the cases presented.

They have also solicited viewers to suggest what cases they'd like to see featured on the second season, so heres' your opportunity to get some fresh cases presented.
I'm not sure this is the best way to reach the producers, but there's the email address I have:
Discovery Channel: [email protected] They also have a Facebook page: Close Encounters | Facebook

I think everyone interested should give "Close Encounters" some positive suggestions. Most of these shows are beyond redemption, but this one has a chance.

hey guys sorry did not introduce my self before well been into ufos for years now and recently been privvy to an abduction case which i have been lead investigator on.i have had a few experiences from a young age i was brought up in inverness (scotland)there were lots of ufo sightings there during the 90s and i was fortunate to whitness a lot of them along with my friends as well i joind the british army and still have on and off sightings to this day even when on exercise or on OPs in Afgahn or iraq i have documented some of these experiences with alejandro rojas. but im happy to answer any questions regarding this subject , even had a question read out on air with loren coleman so im chuffed about that lol thanks again guys.long time listener of the paracast.

Hello everybody, I've been an avid listener for quite some time now. Been into UFOs and the paranormal from a young age and love how you all present the subject on air. I'm an Ex Brit now living in Michigan for the last seven years and love photography. Thanks again for all that you do to make the show a must to listen to.

Everyone who joins our community will be sent a message in a private conversation, and be officially welcomed here. Feel free to guide our new visitors to becoming active members of our forum.

Hello all. So, I'm new to posting in forums, however I have been listening to the show for several months. I guess you could say that I was once all about Ufology, but I currently lean a little more toward skepticism nowadays. I have great concerns regarding folks that continue to beat the, all but faded drum, of Roswell and any incident that is not in this decade.

That is why I started listening to the show because I need contemporary evidence to really feel vindicated in ever believing. Of course one can always fall back on the argument of "How could anyone think that there isn't other forms of life", but I tend to think that with the governments of the world controlling everything, there is little hope for us to really get to know the truth.

Maybe the show will lead me back in the right direction.

Has there ever been a show about Scientology? Would be interesting to learn about. The only thing ever in the media about it usually has something to do with Tom Cruise :p

I am a coast and Art Bell refuge and a new listener to the show and I've gotta say you gentlemen have it together.

Like johnnyblotto, I'm also an Art Bell & C2C refugee. I'm really glad to have found The Paracast... It is in IMO, the smartest show of it's kind anywhere.

More about me: I am a Los Angeles native now living in the Pacific Northwest, with a brief stop in the Southwest. I am a business professional in mfg./aerospace and something of an aviation geek ("avgeek"). I've been able to use my knowledge of aircraft to debunk a handful of hoaxed videos on YouTube. Far from being a "debunker" however, I have a longstanding interest in UFOs and the Paranormal.

In October of 2003 I had a UFO sighting in Chandler, Arizona, which I reported to 1. Sky Harbor Airport, and 2. Luke AFB. Although I am open to the possibility of a prosaic explanation, I've yet to come up with one that makes any sense. It was very definite, and very bizarre, whatever it was.

My favorite books/writers in this field are Vallee, the early stuff by Tim Good, the Richard Dolan histories, and some of the old books by Jim and Coral Lorenzen. I most recently finished Stan Gordon's latest, and I enjoyed that too.

Last edited:
In October of 2003 I had a UFO sighting in Chandler, Arizona, which I reported to [...]
Did you check the MUFON and Davenport free online databases for any possible matches? It's easy to file a late report too with both of those.

Are you familiar with probable light-air triangle aircraft? Possibly using helium and extremely light-weight materials for skins and hollow structures, etc. So, these triangles can be large or small and hover and move at extremely slow walking speeds too. Possibly using exotic silent propulsion methods such as creating "vacuum areas" in front of these lightweight craft to suck its movement into the vacuum direction moving silently, and/or using electrostatic methods to "float directionally" too. Comments? Or, electric air propulsion [motor props?] driven by exotic light-weight rechargeable batteries.

Thanks and Welcome too! :)

Did you check the MUFON and Davenport free online databases for any possible matches? It's easy to file a late report too with both of those.

Are you familiar with probable light-air triangle aircraft? Possibly using helium and extremely light-weight materials for skins and hollow structures, etc. So, these triangles can be large or small and hover and move at extremely slow walking speeds too. Possibly using exotic silent propulsion methods such as creating "vacuum areas" in front of these lightweight craft to suck its movement into the vacuum direction moving silently, and/or using electrostatic methods to "float directionally" too. Comments? Or, electric air propulsion [motor props?] driven by exotic light-weight rechargeable batteries.

Thanks and Welcome too! :)

I posted my sighting to a website called "Ufoevidence.org", however I don't know if this is connected to Peter Davenport or MUFON..

W/re: to lighter-than-air triangular shaped a/c, I only know what everyone else does. There was a story about these dirigibles on MSNBC.com 10 or more years ago.. (or maybe it was CNN.com, I can't be sure). I remember thinking, "well, this explains that", and also feeling a bit of disbelief that something so large could hide in the stratosphere.. There was also a very cool rendering of a black triangle flying on the edge of space. I wish I could find the link now.

In my line of work, 100% of what we do for the aerospace industry is decidedly conventional :) If anything is ever sensitive or classified it is for very down-to-earth reasons; i.e., industrial espionage, trade embargos, anti-terror laws, etc.. We have been offered to work on some secretive projects in the past, but declined due to certain personal restrictions (e.g., travel) that are typical of this kind of work.

When people figure out I'm in aerospace they open up a bit. This industry has a very rich heritage and there is a fraternal aspect to it I had not experienced in previous jobs. Anyway, I have heard a lot of very cool anecdotal stories from other people, mostly in the course of casual conversation.. I did once meet a retired airline exec. who claims to have seen a black triangle type of a/c accompanied by F-16's. This was a chance meeting & conversation we had on a golf course in 2006. I have not stayed in touch with the gentleman.

It took me 5 YEARS to register!

Hi everyone @the paracast forum. Yes the above holds true, 5 years to finaly be able to register here. Long story short i moved to China just over 5 years ago and for the last 6 years i have been an avid fan of the show. Anyway when i arrived here at my new home i decided to to join the community to pass some of the time here. So thats where i found out that i could not connect to the theparacast.com EVER. Browser would just time out to the server. Different browsers, ipod, pc, laptop no luck. Moved a few years later so new IP, new ipad, new laptop and still no luck. Every now and again moved location and would try but still no luck. So now I decided to try again after about 4 months and WHAM! No more connection issues from behind the great firewall.
I look forward to giving some input and meeting the members here.

Finaly!!!!!! :)

p.s do i win an award for longest trying member to join?

Last edited:
It took me 5 YEARS to register! win an award for longest trying member to join?
Indeed you do! Welcome aboard matey. "Persistence alone is omnipotent."
So, are you still in China? If so, I (plus I'm sure other Paracasters) have some questions for you. I have heard that the largest civilian UFO group is in China. Is this true and how open is the society about reporting and commenting on AAP/UAP/UFO phenomena? Is there some kind of available public-accessible database? I've always wondered how much activity is actually going on over there. You hear about the odd report or two, but never from the outer regions—the equivalent of our SW USA, for instance. Are there "hot-spot" areas that seem to have more variety and intensity of unusual reports (of all kinds, i.e., crypto-creatures, sightings, haunted sites, etc) So many questions... China is a big egg to crack! ;)

Back