• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Nick Redfern on the Real Men in Black

I agree with everyone, that was a great show with Nick Redfern.

Gene, you really think you have to point out "Now, everyone, these are not Nick's personal beliefs, but roads his research took him down" (loosely paraphrased)

I mean, if any "skeptics" or "non-skeptics" can't put that together in their heads without the host telling them, then they probably won't figure out how to log on to your site. (Unless their mommy or daddy is helping them)

It's like people saying "...but, I don't agree with everything he's saying" WTF!? Do you really have to point that out? Have you ever met a person that you agree with 100%? I haven't.

Just saying....

I agree with everyone, that was a great show with Nick Redfern.

Gene, you really think you have to point out "Now, everyone, these are not Nick's personal beliefs, but roads his research took him down" (loosely paraphrased)

I mean, if any "skeptics" or "non-skeptics" can't put that together in their heads without the host telling them, then they probably won't figure out how to log on to your site. (Unless their mommy or daddy is helping them)

It's like people saying "...but, I don't agree with everything he's saying" WTF!? Do you really have to point that out? Have you ever met a person that you agree with 100%? I haven't.

Just saying....

Gene took that road because in the past listeners have panned guests on the program without knowing the entire truth, many blaming Gene and Chris for not cornering the guest and, "getting the truth out of him" because they weren't listening, or came into the program late....the fact that Gene did this bespeaks of a host who cares enough about the listener to present us with this valuable advantage, versus a SNOORY who would much rather lead on the guest without position, and have others fall in line like dummies.

I think your angst against Gene is unfounded and you should better present this with the Coast to Coast forum instead. Only there will you find those who allow guests to run roughshod with self belief as supplemented for truth, unquestioned that is, until someone on the phone has to do their jobs for them.

Just finished listening to the show on my ipod...Nick Redfern is terrific...as usual. Also, this topic is fascinating.

I think your angst against Gene is unfounded and you should better present this with the Coast to Coast forum instead. Only there will you find those who allow guests to run roughshod with self belief as supplemented for truth, unquestioned that is, until someone on the phone has to do their jobs for them.

There is no "angst against Gene" in my post.

Gene took that road because in the past listeners have panned guests on the program without knowing the entire truth, many blaming Gene and Chris for not cornering the guest and, "getting the truth out of him" because they weren't listening, or came into the program late....the fact that Gene did this bespeaks of a host who cares enough about the listener to present us with this valuable advantage, versus a SNOORY who would much rather lead on the guest without position, and have others fall in line like dummies.

Yes. There are people who have trouble comprehending spoken language and ideas expressed within. That doesn't mean you have to hold their hand every step of the way just in case they might blame you for not doing so. Especially with a guest like Nick Redfern, especially on a show like Paracast.

There is no "angst against Gene" in my post.

"Misguided", "critique", whatever word you wish to use to describe it. The fact still remains that Gene did this as a favor to us, the listener, and if it doesn't agree with how you feel on the matter, fine. I was just showing you why it was done and for whose benefit.

Yes. There are people who have trouble comprehending spoken language and ideas expressed within. That doesn't mean you have to hold their hand every step of the way just in case they might blame you for not doing so. Especially with a guest like Nick Redfern, especially on a show like Paracast.

Again, Gene does this with every guest he feels the need to do it for. Not because he's looking to hold any hands, or because of the language barriers, but simply because the context of the discussion needs position in order to be viable within the circle of the listener's sometimes lack of relative understanding. All to many times a listener will hear a statement he or she will hold forth as the "fact of belief" that guest had stated, and not know that the words were exclaimed in the context by which they were meant to show "another" opinion of, and not those directly expressed by the guest. In the case with Nick Redfern, a great many of his books are written without his direct personal belief in the material...a good example would be the idea of demonic dimensionality. Here he has drawn the line many times and said that there just might be "aliens" extraterrestrial life out there in the universe abducting humans....But if you were to have heard him over the radio, and the way in which he initially explained his book, without prior knowledge as to his writing, you could have EASILY mistaken his input to be a personal belief that Demons are the only culprits as to his reasoning.

Gene ensures this isn't the case for us and for that we should be expressing our approval, not our disapproval.

Savy?

Have you ever met a person that you agree with 100%?

Well yes of course ... I met the original Batman once at a convention and I can't think of anything I disagreed with ... at least not at the time ... maybe now as an adult I might have an issue with the tights ...

Batman003.jpg

What I really want to know is how you got your signature to appear backwards and upside down.

j.r.

I have just listened and this was a great show, Nick is very articulated and focused, he doesn`t come with conclusions, he is a great researcher who has done his homework.

I found his story about researcher Albert K. Bender particularly fascinating.

I while ago I had a very strange vivid dream about MIB, - three men in dark suits walking along a lonely street in a synchronized robotic like manner and in the sky a very bright ball of light.
Their faces was definitively not human, they had almost like some kind of android/alien feature - pale and lifeless, a weird eerie dream I remember very well...

So who knows maybe MIB has an extraterrestrial origin, artificial made and controlled by aliens.

Well yes of course ... I met the original Batman once at a convention and I can't think of anything I disagreed with ... at least not at the time ... maybe now as an adult I might have an issue with the tights ...

uploadfromtaptalk1347572857906.jpg

What I really want to know is how you got your signature to appear backwards and upside down.

j.r.

Adam West Rocks.....Tights or no Tights the Man ROCKS!

Glad I stumbled across this episode. Definitely one of my favourite recent episodes, loved it. Thanks!:redface:

uploadfromtaptalk1347572857906.jpg

j.r.

I, Uhhh always liked the tights. :redface: Which was a little confusing for a 10 year old. But, then I saw Raquel Welsh in a caveman/woman movie and all the confusion cleared right up for me. :cool:

maybe now as an adult I might have an issue with the tights ... j.r.
8) Slightly more seriously: I have come across people (and writers) with whom I've had little to no occasion to disagree, although that's not saying I never would if I ever heard more of their opinions. (Desmond Morris and Joseph Campbell, to name a couple -- although of course I have not actually met either.) Second: I see no harm in Gene's disclaimer. (Think though that this episode may have been one that I missed. Bummer.)

I really have to apologize ... If a thread has ever been unintentionally derailed ... this has got to take the cake. We've gone from Men In Black to Men In Tights ... hilarious ... how do we get this back on track?

If anyone is interested, I had an MIB sighting back in 1977 before I even knew what the MIB were. At that time my interest in ufology had been limited to the mainstream stuff. An outline of my experience is located on my bio page along with most of the other weird stuff I've experienced. I'm surprised that Nick didn't run across it during the research for his book.

http://ufopages.com/Reference/BD/Murphy-02a.htm

j.r.

Ya I agree the whole MIB being controlled by aliens is possible. But if Aliens have a lvl of technology that goes all the way to the top they can create an entire universe, so I dont see a problem calling them God or god. MIB also seem to have behaviour of a computer script thats sole purpose is to make corrections to a programmed simulation so that it runs smoothly. Ex Bible referes to it as "God's Plan" and sending angles to this work. This would explain there lack of knowledge regarding eating food. Also would explain there implicable timing and abilty to show up within seconds of ufo encounter. Maybe Jim Elvidge is really onto somthing with his book universe solved.

Back