• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Nick Redfern on the Real Men in Black

Sentry

Paranormal Adept
Great show. Nick is a great guest, as he not only is knowledgeable about a great many topics of interest, he's articulate and you can both hear and understand what he's saying.

I was the most interested in the discussion of Tulpas- seems to explain just about everything weird.

The other part I especially like was the MIBs as time travelers. I've always thought if I someday travel back in time, we'll deck out our machine like a flying saucer and my crew will wear bigfoot suits. If we are seen, it'll just go down as another sighting.

Another great show with Redfern. Nick does solid research and doesn't let conclusions outpace the evidence.

Can someone please post an audio link to Nick's blood curdling laugh? :eek:

Terrific show, loved the discussion on tulpas and thought-forms and the weird theorizing and all the rest, but the bit that really got me -- and I certainly hadn't heard it before -- was the brief interlude about the 'thunderbird photo.' That was one of those brain booster moments, a conceptual kick in the head that made me go all Bill & Ted & Wayne & Garth & Beavis & Butthead & Cheech & Chong in one fell swoop with a big eyebugging "WHOA, man!"

It was a fun episode.
What I like about Nick is that he doesn't just say stuff. He throws ideas out there, but he does not insist that they are necessarily right. The men in black are a fun topic.

Nick's shows are always outstanding. This time around I loved the way in which he differentiated between the legendary, almost "magically farcical" MIB, to a more down to earth and very real sounding MIB. As someone else said on here before, he is eloquent, intelligent and an excellent source of information for the paranormal.

Lastly, I think we should copyright Nick's laugh man....I could see it used during Halloween to imbue fear in the hearts of kids looking to trick instead of treat!

...Tulpas- seems to explain just about everything weird.

It can, but you could also go deeper and explain tulpas by "parasites". Then you can go deeper and explain parasites by the trickster factor.
(Although the trickster factor is itself so tricksterish that it doesn't really explain anything. That's not to say it isn't important or that we can't observe it - we know it's there, and we can talk about it, but it doesn't explain anything by its very nature.)

Also, I think Andy Colvin has theorized about the possibility of mothman (or thunderbirds or Garudas) being shape-shifted high order Tibetan monks. (Or perhaps tulpa creations of those monks???)

Also#2, on remembering timelines that have been altered, I can't remember whether it was Art Bell or Strieber who talked about him or someone remembering to have read about the death of Nelson Mandela in the news paper and remembering "living in a world where he had died," but at the same time knowing he hasn't died in "this world."

Loved the show and the whole MIB time traveler theory. That makes sense because when I saw a recent Mothman documentary on Netflix, they mentioned that the MIB involved had outdated (but brand new) classic cars. It was also mentioned that the MIB did not even know what a ball point pen was. They sounded like mixed up interdimensional beings with an evil persona that made those visited have nasty headaches.

One of the best episodes yet ! I would like to hear a allot more guests talk about this subject. Out of all the paranormal topics I think this one has had the least exposure, wonder why ?, lol. My favourite MIB movie was "Knowing" with Nick Cage so I was disappointed that Angel/Agent idea was not covered much if any on the show. No offence I think the time travel idea is a good one too. I just think when a MIB can't eat jello its not because they don’t have forks and spoons in the future. Its far more likely that they can't eat jello because they are not used to being a human and eating any food. Also given the supernatural ability mentioned in almost every MIB report I have a hard time not noticing they coincide with all the ability’s and strange behaviours of the Angles found in many parts of the Bible. I can name 20 examples at least just from the Old Test. It would be nice to hear someone ask a guest on the show if they "Know" what I mean ?

Thanks, Leland

That was fun. I particularly liked the idea that the old clothes and old cars are used by people from the future because they work for several decades worth of "destinations". I don't believe it, but it's a great idea. My guess is they are just effective props, but of course we are all just guessing.

I thought the Happy Camp MIB tried to drink his jello, but it's been quite a while since I read about it. Great story, though, the Happy Camp episode.

I'm 99.9% sure the black eyed kids thing is pure bs. I did half an hour of searching a while back, and the "journalist" who first reported them is a dubious character to say the least. I would bet $20 that he is the author of most of the reports. Check him out. He's a gamer, writer of fiction, apparent trickster wannabee. Read the reports one right after another and try to picture who wrote each one. Note the many similarities in style, flow, language, and so on.

It is not possible for me to hear Albert Bender's name without thinking of Futurama. :D

The discussion of tulpas was very interesting. That subject has long intrigued me. It reminded me of a recent blog entry that I'm sure some readers here will find interesting. It gets pretty wild.

http://blog.beliefnet.com/apagansblog/2011/05/darth-vader-luke-skywalker-and-thought-forms.html

This is a blog written by a pagan, and I like it a lot. It's worth a look for anyone with an open mind. I do not practice any sort of religion, but there are still a few that I don't find offensive. :)

One of the best episodes yet ! I would like to hear a allot more guests talk about this subject. Out of all the paranormal topics I think this one has had the least exposure, wonder why ?, lol. My favourite MIB movie was "Knowing" with Nick Cage so I was disappointed that Angel/Agent idea was not covered much if any on the show. No offence I think the time travel idea is a good one too. I just think when a MIB can't eat jello its not because they don’t have forks and spoons in the future. Its far more likely that they can't eat jello because they are not used to being a human and eating any food. Also given the supernatural ability mentioned in almost every MIB report I have a hard time not noticing they coincide with all the ability’s and strange behaviours of the Angles found in many parts of the Bible. I can name 20 examples at least just from the Old Test. It would be nice to hear someone ask a guest on the show if they "Know" what I mean ?

Thanks, Leland

I am also a big fan of the "Knowing" movie with Nicolas Cage (minus the 'big cinema' special effects at times). The concepts of the aliens signaling the kids to meet at a certain area to leave on the ship for the survival of the race, intrigues me. I personally think that is sort of happening now and has occurred in the past with the ancient story of the Ant People that came to the Navajo to bring them into Mount Blanca (SLV Colorado) during great Earth shifts.

My opinion is that the MIB's are NOT angel-like although. . . . .not good angels. There are too many reports of them being quite dark and leaving an air of negative energy and bad headaches for the people visited.

I have a hard time not noticing they coincide with all the ability’s and strange behaviours of the Angles found in many parts of the Bible. I can name 20 examples at least just from the Old Test. It would be nice to hear someone ask a guest on the show if they "Know" what I mean ?
Thanks, Leland

Yes there are plenty of mythical examples and they are definitely connected with religion. One of my MIB experiences involved them posing as J-Dubs ( Jehova's Witnesses ). They seem to use the cover of Earthly institutions to assist them when moving about within our society. In the past, religious institutions were the dominant power structures, so it isn't surprising that they would show up in Biblical lore.

j.r.

www.ufopages.com

Nick is a great guest he is always very level-headed.

Agreed! I normally do not listen to Coast To Coast anymore, but I noticed that Nick was on there the other night speaking about The MIB. I found out that on top of his intelligence and excellent sense of knowledge about the subject, he can also make a very boring host look good!

Boring George Snoory (Where are you ART!) once again could have been absent from the entire affair and it wouldn't have made a difference in the slightest.

Nick actually sounded like he continued further from where he left off from Chris and Gene the week before. Thank God Snoory opened up the lines in the last hour and some questions were asked which Nick answered perfectly. At one point one of my favorite subjects, "The Mad Gasser of Mattoon" was mentioned" Nick put forth the idea that this creature could have been considered an MIB and the discussion went along the lines of how the MIB look, act, etc. All in all he was on his best this night and I recommend anyone who hasn't found a "FREE" broadcast of this date, do so ASAP.

Back